1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TC65 Team Event @ Laguna Seca - Thu 19th Nov

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TEAM
    Class: Lotus Cortina / Toyota Corolla & Abarth 1000TCR / NSU TT
    Track: Laguna Seca
    Conditions: 16.00 GMT race time
    Practice: 20 min
    Qualification: 10 min
    Race: 16 laps
    Notes:
    1. Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    2. Teams will consist of 2 drivers
    3. Teams will be randomly selected from the sign up list. Please do NOT ask if you can choose your own team mate.
    4. Driver will be allocated as "Driver1" & "Driver2" within the Team.
    5. In Race1, Driver 1 will driver either the Cortina or the Corolla, Driver 2 will drive either the Abarth TCR or the NSU TT.
    6. In Race2, Driver 1 will driver either the Abarth TCR or the NSU TT, Driver 2 will drive either the Cortina or the Corolla.
    7. Driver 1 & Driver 2 are NOT obligated to drive the same cars as each other in the 2 races. So, within a team, Driver 1 could race the Corolla & the Abarth, Driver 2 could race the NSU & the Cortina.
    8. If you are driving the same car in either race, you should use the same livery.
    9. Once I announce the teams - probably on the Monday before the event (so people can have a chat), I would like one of the team representative to nominate all the liveries they will be using on the night. Liveries will be on a first come first served basis, and no team may duplicate. Where possible, pls try and keep the liveries in similar colours for ease of identification. As last time, I will put up team pictures with the liveries for reference.
    10. Scoring will be done the same as the previous Team event

P1 = 1 point, P2 = 2, P3 = 3 etc.

The team scoring the lowest aggregate points across the 2 races wins.

This was put up this far in advance so I can do the required admin, so people (hopefully) have enough time to consult within their teams a little if they want to.

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Team Entrylist:
    Team1
    Driver1 - Sam J Simpson
    Driver2 - Carlos Diaz
    Cortina #901
    Abarth TCR #16

Team2
    Driver1 - Knut Omdal Tveito
    Driver2 - Tom Wilson
    Cortina #961
    NSU #302
    Arbath TCR #267
    Corolla #16

Team3
    Driver1 - Kris Leeten
    Driver2 - Hans Sneep
    NSU TT #508
    Abarth TCR #33
    Corolla #82
    Cortina #911

Team4
    Driver1 - Stuart Thomson
    Driver2 - Amir Margalit
    Cortina #902
    NSU TT #168
    Corolla #400

Team5
    Driver1 - Lee Madden
    Driver2 - Ben Tusting
    Cortina #955
    NSU TT #71

3. I'm in Stu, bring on the alien team mate that can score our points because I just:sarcastic: HATE :lying:the cars that have been chosen, hehe

Sam

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I know, Sam, but if you can force yourself to bury those deep seated loathings for these deeply unapplealing vehicles ( :neutral: ), I think you'll be able to drag them around. :good:

5. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Sign me up please. Great selection of cars Stuart:good:

6. :bashful:i'm in

7. Hi Stu , pls sign me in

8. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Sign me up Stuart,I have good memories of the last team event.

btw,changed my avatar to boost up my moral (after bad first league race)

9. Sign me in please Stu

10. Same as Hans: good memories of the previous 'team' event. Sign up please.

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Please read the Notes again - I've added a few clarifications

12. I'll have a crack at this please.

Apologies in advance for whoever gets me as a teammate - i'll be worse than being a man down.......

13. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

14. As long as I don't get Stupot as a team-mate I'm happy :D

I don't want to smell of wee and poo again :D

15. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Can I just remind you to sign up early for this event if you are going to participate, please, so I can do the team draw ahead of time, on Monday afternoon.

Anyone signing up after then (and whoever is left over by the random selection process if we have an odd number on Monday afternoon) will go into a draw done on Thursday, so you won't get any time to co-ordinate with your team mate.

It pays to get in early.

16. Withdraw me please - I don't fancy another night of disconnects on one of my only two nights a week I get free.

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

with pleasure.

18. ryan you were not the only one having problems last night in the league race. sometimes things like that happen and i learned to accept it .it never made me withdraw from other events . as sam wrote in another post the races in the club events are not always for the win. first of all it is for fun and sometimes bad things happen. nobody is guilty of that. i am sorry you withdrew from this event and hope to see you around in other races.

19. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Stuart can you explain note 8,If you are driving the "same" car in either race, you should use the same livery.

If I read the setup for the 2 races it is impossible to race the same car twice?

On second thought, if I drive Abarth#33 an my team mate will drive the Abarth in race 2 ,
    he use the #33?

Hans

20. Thanks Amir.

I realise I wasn't the only one having connections but when you get what is actually one night every two weeks free (when you factor in work, my rF events and the RDHGP), I don't want it to go to waste. My post was in frustration at my own pissy connection and in no way trying to blame anybody (I don't, aside from my landlord), but my point and decision remains.

When you practice for an event for a week, get there and see you are the fastest by quite a margin (it would have been an almost certain win, my race pace was fantastic too), are delighted by that and then have that delight taken away by things out of your control, not once but twice, you can see where the frustration sets in. I worked damn hard for it and knowing that Le Mans will be a wash-out for me, it made it doubly worse, because I have a real chance of winning the RDHGP. Peter D retiring softened the blow but you can look at it as a missed opportunity also, with Peter G and Piotr scoring well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.