TC65 @ Lakeside - Thu 27th September 2012

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65
Track: Lakeside International Raceway ( Download ) + AIW Fix ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 20 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 20 laps)

Note1: Default skins only. ( Default list ).
Note2: We will use the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here for information on how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Ian Strom
  5. Warren Dawes
  6. Stuart Thomson
  7. Vladislav Kurochkin
  8. Hans Sneep
  9. Bob Hutchins
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Rokas Charlapavicius
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Awesome track. Had a blast both in the Mini, and in the Falcon.

Race 1, started from pole, didn't lose much. Behind Warren in the first part. My Mini was faster in the twisty bits than his Mustang, obviously, but there was no way to pass with him engaging warp drive on corner exits.
I kept close, he made a mistake, and I got the lead. Very nervous there, a couple of close calls, almost rolled it even. Not comfortable being in front of anyone.

In race 2, started from pole, and stayed there... For half a lap. Made a mistake, and Rupe went past. Spent most of the race trying to catch up to him.
Looked okay in places, but when I saw his times get in the 1:02s, and my best lap was around 1:13.5, I had little hope of getting back ahead.
He did make a mistake a lap or two before the end, so I stole another win.
I expected the guys behind to swamp us, but I guess they had their own fun :D

This one event is better than all my results in these two years combined, LOL.

Thanks to Knut and everyone racing, hope to see you next week.

Another entertaining morning with the GTL fanatics. :D
This version of Lakeside was new to me, but I'm very familiar with the real thing, so was looking forward to this one.

Race 1: Mustang. From practice it was clear that Senad and his trusty Mini was on song, so I told the guys on TS that I "planned to jump Senad at the start and see how long I could hold him up" (Lakeside is not a "passing" track, especially if you have some V8 grunt down the straights). Sure enough, all went to plan, for 10 laps anyway, as I had Senad buzzing around me like a pesky fly, but my loud pedal was bigger than his. :p I was flogging the Stang pretty hard, knowing one small mistake would be enough for Senad, and eventually I obliged and off he went into the distance.
Later in the race, Bob was the next pesky Mini to harrass my big tail, but this time my tyres were in no mood to defend as vigourously. So I used a different strategy, camoflage, leaving a huge tyre smoke trail through the tight turns leaving Bob to wonder where I might be in there. :unsure:. Fortunately, the race ended one lap early, so Bob ran out of time to sneak by.

Race 2: Mini. My chance to be on the other end of this caper. Unfortunately, I made a complete hash of it. Blew the start and almost the entire field steamed past. :rolleyes: That quickly put Stuart (also in a Mini) and I behind Hans' Cortina, and he proved extremely hard to pass. I couldn't judge the braking points and lines of Hans and Stuart, and ended up taking emergency evasive action to avoid punting Stu a couple of times. One of those resulted in me scuttling over the sand at the dreaded turn 1 and heading for the tyres of doom. Somehow, I managed to keep it off the wall, but was now way behind. Later I was hauling in the Hans, Stuart, Knut train ahead, but went off again. I finally caught Hans again but couldn't find a way past (now I know how Senad felt in Race 1) and eventually ran out of road trying to go around the outside of Hans, this time hitting the fence. After that, it became somewhat lonely, so I spent the time trying to see how fast the Mini could take some of the turns, only to go past the ragged edge a couple of times.

Grats to Senad for winning everything today, you were on fire. :alien:.

All good fun, thanks Knut for choosing one of my favourite tracks (good to be on an Aussie track :) ), and thanks to all who joined and made it enjoyable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 425 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 285 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 325 12.7%