TC65 @ Knutstorp - Thu 18th October 2012

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65
Track: Knutstorp ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 18 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 18 laps)

Note 1: Default Cars and Skins Only ( Default list ).
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Ian Strom
  5. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Tim Ling
  8. Stuart Thomson
  9. Jack Smith
  10. Carlos Diaz
  11. Konstantin Paul
  12. Jacob Boonstra
  13. Peter van Zanten
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I didn't fair that well over all because of ...... well the list is too long....but what a great match up of car and track. I even had a blast in practice because of the closeness of the cars. All gooooood.

I sat in the Alfa for race 1 and I switched to the cortina for race 2. My times were decent but I was too hyped up and lost it too many times...mostly T1. If you want to see me go mountain climbing check replay at 374 seconds. I was in a good battle with Peter before that point. Sorry for the earlier bump Peter.

A bit later, halfway through I was in a good race with Arnaldo .. a lot of close encounters of the exciting kind but I accidentally tapped him as we exited T1. I waited for him and we began to battle again. I noticed shortly after a car in my mirror and I thought ...oh oh ... I'm about to be lapped I think ..who is it....check XD...ahhhhhhh . Well I lost control and went mountain climbing again all for not because it was Hans.. not a lapper.. who had closed the gap when I had waited for Arnaldo. I tried my hardest to re-catch Hans in the 3 or so laps remaining but he was a little far out of reach at the finish line. Fastest 18 laps in racing history.

Race 2 was a seesaw battle with Tim and some old guy in a green mustang. I see we had a race incident in turn 1 Tim ... you unfortunately went off track..sorry about that sir. Later Tim unfortunately got stung by the cut track bug..too bad because you were a flying in the Mini . :( In one of our synchronized cornerings I bumped Rupe but he let me go with a warning this time.;) ...thanks mate but it would be more fair to you for me to wait. Anyway I came across and passed Roland who must of had a spin in turn 1 and as we came around to turn1 again my car simply went nuts and I went flying off track??????....actualy I tapped the brakes gently ( I thought) while not in a straight line and the car, to my surprise, spun rather abruptly.

Next thing I know I'm chasing Mr. Green Mustang again. Rupe was ringing the juice out of the tang on the straights (a good work out) but it struggled in the twisty bits and I eventually got by him and held him off until the end. Hard to believe ..second fastest 18 laps in racing history.

I guess we helped to verify one of Enstein's Theory of Relatives ...the passage of time increases proportionally as the degree of excitment being experienced increases... or better known by it's familar acronym TPOTIPATDOEBEI

Wd to all podiums..all drivers and a much better than fantastic job Knut. You and Stu have been hot lately.

Another night of fun, :)
We had a good practice on Wednesday night. Id tried every car and had a blast i all even the Jag, but it was just to slow with me behind the wheel.
For race 1 id chose the mighty mini.. Ive not had a good drive in it for ages and it showed on the start ..I messed it up good and proper and was swamped by the others..But i was soon pushing hard and looking for the pass..I was patient and took my time and its hard work when people hold there lines, making it very hard to pass (good clean racing again) with a courteous call from Stuart that i had the corner into turn 1:thumbsup: . I was through and off after Roland.
Lap after lap i was right on his bumper and then for about 3 corners we were side by side until he nosed ahead again..:D I finally got the chance to get in front but run wide on the next corner and Roland was through again and id lost about a second or more, but with a lap or so to go i was right on his bumper again..and got through only to go wide again and
Roland was through again.. Great stuff and very good fun...:thumbsup:
I then chased him to the line for a good close finish ..Nice one Roland...:D

Race 2 was Mustang time, it had to be done.. I knew I was slower in this but after race 1 it didn't matter And the fun began. Jack and Tim And I had great fun battling away they were all over me in the corners but id blast off down the straight and it was only time before they find a way through... but with little mistakes id catch them back up
And as a few other had the odd off we had other to battle with also..Good good fun.
times and positions were irrelevant it was all about the fun and there was plenty off it ...
So another great night of racing ..

Congrats to all the racers.
We have a good group all having fun.

thanks knut for letting us on your track :rolleyes: (you are great to watch in a Falcon)
And the Fast lap from Stuart in race 2 :speechless:
And Jack who even surprised himself with a last lap blast in race 1..Where did you get that from:p...
Enjoy you league race in Tuesday and ill catch you all on track on Thursday..:):thumbsup:

I was patient and took my time and its hard work when people hold there lines, making it very hard to pass (good clean racing again) with a courteous call from Stuart that i had the corner into turn 1:thumbsup: . I was through and off after Roland.

Once you disappeared from my rear view mirror and I could see your nose out of my side window on the inside line, you've basically got the corner.

I'm not going to swoop across then, because it'll be contact. I've been swooped in on and hit enough in the past by spatially numb people who have effectively lost the corner - but who operate on the premise that if you aren't directly in front of them, they get to go where they want - to know just how annoying it can be.

It's not life or death, so concede it early and minimise the hold up is my view.

Got home really late, and pretty tired after a long day, but couldn't resist the opportunity to have some serious racing fun :inlove: (the fun thing to do) over getting a good long nights' sleep:sleep: (the smart thing to do, probably)

Chose my favourite Alfa for R1, not knowing what I would get in to, but knowing the track from playing STCC sure helped, and I could do pretty good laptimes in P1, and qualified almost at the front, be it over a second (!) slower than Rupe in his mighty Mini.

A pretty good start and Rupe's not-so-good start got me into the lead, while behind me there was a three car battle for P2 going on, allowing me to get a several-seconds lead. About half way through tho, Rupe had delt with the people around him, and came closing in at me ridiculously quick.:confused:
With at least 8 laps still to go I knew I wasn't gonna hold that lead, but making my Alfa as wide as possible while trying to keep it all clean got me quite far, as Rupe didn't find a big enough gap until near the end, when indeed he almost immediately made a small mistake, then overtook me once more, and having established a small gap already had a bigger off in the final lap. That allowed me to get ahead once again and win Race 1, but it felt a bit like a stolen victory:redface: , as he was SO much faster..:alien:

In P2 I quickly found the Jag to be just too heavy, and opted for the Mini then. Took me a while to get adjusted to FWD, but after an OK Q2 and pretty good R2 start I climed up to 3rd, chasing Knut in that HUGE Falcon driving sideways all the way, so no chance in hell I was gonna find a way past, even when his tyres started to go (of maybe he just preferred the more flamboyant driving style over a quicker one:D ) That was a hilarious chase that over lasted half a race, I think i slightly touched the Falcon a few times but me driving a Mini I don't think he'd notice at all :roflmao: .
Once I finally found a way past, I was downright scared for the long straight, got away the first time round but the second time on the straight I saw that Falcon closing in and filling up my little mirror so quickly:O_o: I didn't pay attention to my own brake mark, overshoot the corner and ended in the sand trap:( .
Lost 15 sec. getting out, and set off to chase Jack, who then had a really strange looking lockup-spin. So I was back in 5th chasing Arnaldo, I came pretty close near the end but not close enough to try a pass. So 5th it was. And a shitload of fun too...:D:laugh:

Grats to Stuart and Jack for some VERY impressive laptimes in the Alfa, Thanks Knut for showing us your farm, and Thanks all for some excellent fun again. I'd pick this over sleeping any day.:thumbsup:

Well, I had a lot of fun...while it lasted.

R1 in the 'tina, I managed to get P3 in quali :confused:. An unfortunate issue with my clutch meant I moved on the start line, but I never saw a S&G penalty...until I got DQ'd :(. Those 3 laps were fun though! :sick: Gutted

R2 saw me start on P6 in the Mini. Messed up the start and dropped behind Rupe, received a slight tap from Jack in T1, then fell in behind him, chasing him as he chased Rupe. When Rupe ran wide at the hairpin, I found myself following Jack through the gap, though to be honest, it was a bit of a "oh poop!" moment as I grazed Rupe on the way through. I was having a lovely time, but somehow I picked up 3 cut warnings. I saw 2 appear, the first in T1 where I recovered from Jack's tap, the 2nd from running slightly wide at the downhill run near the end of the lap. But the 3rd? No idea at all. :( :sick: Gutted twice.

Thanks for showing us your farm Knut, despite the double DQ, I had fun.

R1 taking the Abarth, not a good Q but all so not they only one P8,fater cars behind me an not a good start upt me on p11 after T1 behind Ian's Mustang,Tim of in T1 me off in the downhill corner p11 again, catching Arnaldo's Alfa of again an Arnaldo an Jack passing me after some laps Arnaldo an Jack in trouble an Tim in the pits,on p8 an slowly closing in on Ian again going on the grass same corner again Arnaldo by Jack on my tail not for long passed me so 3 cars close in front an on the back of Ian again an halfway race now,it took
4 laps to get close to Ian to catch him,but on the strait I have to open a door an step to hold him of, Ian off in T1 so give me a bit room an there was Arnaldo in front an Jack of in the uphill corner, chasing but could not close the gap to Arnaldo then passing Peter (out of fuel I understand) 1 lap to go holding position an finn on p7....Great Fun an surprised it was over, quote Jack " TPOTIPATDOEBEI":cool:

R2 Cortina,give me a p6 in Q wow :ninja: ha ha, a good start an p5 after t1 an hold pos.for more than 3 laps!!but that d...m downhill corner again,Arnaldo go by Jack on my tail,Rupe passed Jack than me loosing the car after t1 dropped back to p9 that's going on for the rest of the race going of or passing so never a dull moment in the race fin on p9 one lap to short to catch Ian,having a great time:rolleyes: !

Thanks Knut ,Nice driving in your backyard,an all who join the FUN !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back