TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 4.2 @ Saponaro / Saponaro Reverse - Tue 22nd January

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Jaguar Mk2 4.2 (Download)
Track: Autodromo Saponaro V1.0 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (11 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (11 laps)

Note 1: Race 1 - Saponaro // Race2 - Saponaro Reverse
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Tim Ling
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Paul Bennett
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Paul Barrass
  8. Peter van Zanten
  9. Krzysztof Babij
  10. Jacob Boonstra
  11. Knut Omdal Tveito
  12. Bob Hutchins
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

There also a nice vid posted of me and knut having some fun.. i hope we got it correct
( CLICK )

You can also see the lift we get at the end of the pit straight... I was not going flat out over there and lifted of the gas on the last bit of the jump before i was airborne ... you need to control your car for the corner and not crash into the rear of other's who have slowed for the corner... So please be careful:)

It's easy to get a bit too "committed" with these, especially on T2 while trying to carry speed down the hill

Yep - that's why I posted the reminder now. 4 wheeling the overspill surface even there will be deemed a cut and we urge drivers to report it if it looks deliberate, or if the person they see doesn't even try to get back to a legal line.

Well after many laps of testing with the Jag, i think im getting the hang of them..
Got a good qually to see a clear track ahead of me..
I nailed it on the start and got into the lead with Knut hot on my tail, It was a drag race to the first corner, i held it, and was looking at a clear track ahead as we went round the bend..
from that point on it was head down and hold my lines. i could see where Knut was stronger on the track so it was important to keep it tight. The laps rolled by and the gap grew then shrank and grew again.. I was trying to keep something in reserve to save the tyres, but realised after lap 6 I was going as fast as i could and it got very close as we crossed the line less than half a car between us .. did Knut lift of the gas,? He had a great run of the last bend, that not important, but it was great fun all the same..
Then it was race 2, i had not done a single lap (well maybe of few in testing for the porsche event) but nothing in the last week with the Jag.. And it looked like the top 3 or 4 were really close,,
Jack had found some speed in the Jag also so it was going to be fun..
It was all looking good in qually I was one of the last out, and my time was in the green by a couple of thousands at half distance but i got a bit tight into a corner and cut the track i think, So i pulled into the pits not setting a time so i started form the rear of the pack..
Got a ok start but with guys holding there lines it was hard to pass, a few cars run wide allowing for some overtaking, i went wide myself taking a ride in the gravel..it was a good race, slowly catching the guys up and knut pulling away from me .. In the end I made it to 4th.. great fun great cars..
love this track, and with the right cars its a blast..
Thanks to all who drove, without you guys it wouldnt be half as much fun:thumbsup:

Had a good night of testing plus a setup from Rupe the night before which helped alot because my results in both events were above my normal level. I must say that the Jag seemed like driving a fridge at first and I thought that I had some how loaded the wrong car for the setup but soon I grew use to it and found it's power/moves predictable.

All good clean driving around me. I'm getting a little more confortable being in the mix...preparing for corners...braking etc with others around but the old pro's ( even though I'm older) are still much better at it and can still zip by me in those tight situations. It is all a blur but I do remember actually being in front at one point and I had some good racing with Bob and alittle with Stu.

Great event Stu. Cheers to all. Well done podiums

That was heaps of fun! Gotta love the Jaaag!

Had some great racing in both races too. In the first one I was running a very close pace with Rupe. On a good lap I could reel him in a little bit, but then my heavy right foot gave him a few tenths back. Was very close throughout the race. On the very last lap Rupe went wide in the last corner and I got a good exit. I think it was enough for me to get past him, but backed off a little bit on the straight to give Rupe a well-deserved win. Good job mate:thumbsup:

Second race was more crowded and worked my way up from the back. Loved the view from the Jag, especially through the hairpin, where people had some great slides while braking towards the 'pin.

Thanks all and great event Stu:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back