The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: TC65 full + Lotus Elite
Track: Bathurst 60's layout
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race
Note3: Check the tracking thread here to see which cars you are allowed to choose from
Note4: DEFAULT SKINS ONLY
67pa_lod_5gx.jpg

Didn't do quali, 1st start went ok for me. Restart called. Started from the front and got pulverized into turn 1, car wrecked (steering), tried to carry on for a bit but rage quit. Hope you had good' un :good: Merry Christmas
steven realy sorry for the incident. i didn't see your car at all and only after i hit you i suddenly saw a yellow cortina. race 2 is starting please join again.

Hmmm.

First race i crashed because some people where chatting during race. Drove with a broke suspension could drive for 9 laps. But it caught me eventually.
Second i didn't do because i got disconnect from the server 3 times. This happens often with GTL and i also can't join for 5 minutes if i leave the server. Very weird.
Thanks Stu.

No idea why I bothered to qualify tonight :/

First race take 1 - qualified 3rd. Was shaping up to be great race with Sam but we restarted due to some other shenanigans

First race take 2 - down to 5th on the random grid, not so bad. Was up to third and passing Stu for second on Conrod. Stu gives me a nudge at the final bend and whack, wall. Drove a lap with bent steering but I would have crashed big time so I pitted. Lost a lap in the process! Managed a 29.5 during the rest of the race using it as a test and came home 9th.

Second race - somehow dragged the little Mini to fourth on the grid. At the start, Gary who was directly ahead of me was stuck in reverse so I had nowhere to go as he reversed into me and I got slammed from behind by several cars. A very bent car after that - passed Hans, Amir and Andrew in the next two laps and then somehow glitched behind a wall at the final turn - geting a stop-go for my sins. Fed up, I exited out.

Not the great time I expected tonight but thanks Stu and RD, hopefully we can do the track again sometime soon.

• Arne Oestlund

Race 1: Didn't participate

Race 2: Qualy 10 i think. Got a good start avoided the crashing cars in front of me and had a match with a green Cooper to the first curve when he hitted me sending me out in the greens, you are forgiven, but I lost a bit of concentration. Then it took two laps to regain concentraion and was passed by some cars but I catch up an Abarth, I think it was Hans and we had a battle and when I cam to close to him I tried to avoid crashing him and ended as a lawn mower. Two laps later I found him again and we had a littlew battle. I drove past him when he lost control over his car. Then it was lone ranger again. On lap 9 my steering wheel throwed me off course just before a right turn sending me into the barrier. But I managed to get on track again after lots of seconds, but I think something went broken as I lost a bit of grip wich caused some minor accidents of what showed to be my last lap. I'm glad I fulfilled.

THANKS Stu for a grat event, track and car choice. :):):):):)

A great time, I shoulda done more of these.

I wasn't entirely enamoured with the Mini, anywhere, before. I thought, I'll get this out of the way. I found myself among the V8's on race pace and qualified 5th.
When we got a race going (start 2), I was caught up in a real mangle. I was well down, but enjoying every second. Grats Bro, a nice win. Grats also to Warren and Stuart.. (I looked at the results, thought I best correct this) the remainder of the podium.

I thought I had the 'Stang all sorted, for race 2. Practice didn't go well at all, though. When I eventually pitted n looked at the set up, I'd obviously forgotten to save my last changes. Qualified 3rd and finally, it felt good, again.
I didn't expect to see Gary go backwards, off the start. (I tried not to laugh Gary) Damned unfortunate for those behind, though. It meant I found myself in 2nd, harried by Warren and Sam in those nasty Alfa's. That is, until we got to Conrod. This continued for a few laps, Sam would catch me over the mountain, through the twisties. I'd leap away down conrod n have that lead till we got to The Dipper.
David (who was out in the lead) musta had problems, I was suddenly very close indeed, the red mist descended. As David lapped Andrew, I was hoping to just go through the same gap. Andrew swapped sides, taking a better line for the next corner. I should've been more patient. Unfortunately, I hit Andrew, sending him into the banking, and right back into Sams' path. Sorry Andrew, and Bro. I think Warren may have got a piece of it too, truelly sorry sir.
David got his lead, and more, back. I was settling for 2nd, when David started coming back to me again. He then had, what looked like, an almighty crash, at The Dipper. I got the lead and the eventual win, by default... I'm not giving it back though. Grats to David and Sam, the remainder of the podium.

Thanks Stu and RD, a great event.

Well, this event had more than it's share of drama, (and comedy too), but I had a great time. I simply love this version of Bathurst, much more flowing, even faster than the modern track, but still has it's venom over the mountain. It was clearly a V8 track too, with that huge Conrod Straight.

Race 1, Falcon: This was obviously the best car for the track. I originally qualified P2 but in the restart raffle ( I have no idea what caused the restart ???), I found myself in P4. I botched yet another start and watched as a few cars bolted past, but then slotted in behind Amir who charged into the rear of Steven at turn 1. That caused me to tap Amir and go wide, resulting in a few more cars slipping by, dropping to P8 now. Then all hell broke loose in Forest Elbow, Ivo climbed the embankment, flipped over and back onto the track upside down, landing on my bonnet as I slammed the brakes. Eck, Gary, and Hans then ploughed into the wreckage. By the time we all sorted ourselves out, the leaders had long gone and I was still p8. The power of the Falcon allowed me to climb back through the field to eventually take P2.
Grats to Sam for the win and WD Stuart for third.

Race 2, Alfa: The Alfa was a pleasure to drive around Mt. Panorama, it just didn't have the top speed down the long straights to match the V8's. I qualified about P5, but the start was another shambles. Gary managed to select reverse and backed into Ryan, causing the hapless Steven to plough into the carnage that resulted. All this let me sneak into P3 but I had Sam hot on my tail and Eck in front (I was in a Simpson sandwich). Eck was a tad slower over the top of the mountain, resulting in me causing Sam to take evasive action a few times to miss me, but once we hit Conrod Straight, Eck cleared off and Paulo slipped past Sam and I. I let Sam through under brakes (I'd blocked him enough already) and settled into P5. Paulo then pitted (Stop n Go??) giving me P4. Just when I was enjoying the drive, mid race, I came around the cutting at Forrest Elbow to find the aftermath of another pile-up. Andrew was doing a three point turn in his little Abarth and I had nowhere to go and slammed into him and then into the bank of the cutting. Sorry Andrew, but I had no chance. Fortunately the car was still driveable, so I continued on again to finish P4, not far behind Sam.
Grats to Eck for the win and WD to David and Sam.

I have enjoyed this little series, thanks Stuart for the idea of mixing the cars, it adds a lot of spice. Thanks to all who raced, sorry some of you had disasters.

I'll be taking a short break now over the Christmas holidays, so best wishes to you all and look forward to seeing you all again in the New Year.

Ofcourse as always my thanks to the lad Thommo for his time and efforts in association with RD :good:.

I can only offer my apologies to those behind me race 2,im baffled what happened there,i done my normal start procedure but when it went go and i pinged my clutch out and pumped the loud pedal,i went backwards.....looked at the gear indicator and indeed we were in reverse gear for some reason,not only that but my paddles were not responding to any ammount of paddle-slapping,hit esc a bit too slow tbh...so sorry again lads.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%