Premium
flyer-mix.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65
Track: Magny-Cours National / GP
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 12 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Choose a car from Group1 for Race1, a car from Group2 for Race2
Note3: Sprint Pack skins can be used, default skins otherwise. download

Cars for Race 1:
Abarth 1000TC
Jaguar MkII
Lotus Elite

Cars for Race 2:
Mini Cooper - standard Mini only - NO 1310s
Lotus Cortina
Ford Mustang

Entrylist:
  1. Glenn Morris ( ? / Mustang - tentative)
  2. Steven Palmer (Elite / Mini)
  3. Warren Dawes (Jaguar / Cortina)
  4. Stuart Thomson (Abarth / Cortina)
  5. Matt Crouch (Jaguar / Mustang)
  6. Bob Luneski (tbd / tbd)
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

Ton of fun again, maybe a small group but as Bob said, very high quality racing and plenty of laughs. It's a pity more people don't realise what they are missing with these GTL events, but our regulars sure know how to make it good clean fun.

Race 1: Matt, Glenn, and I hired our Jag limo's from "the mob", converted them to race cars by removing the bodies from the trunk, disposing of the violin cases in the back seat, and promising to drive them like thugs.
Stu and Steven made the mistake of letting all three Jags get in front early, and we all ganged up to make life miserable for Steven as he had the audacity to try and squeeze his little Elite past our capone cars. We used every bit of our width, sliding, power down the straight, and some intimidation to keep him tucked in behind, despite some cheeky attempts to sneak past in the tight stuff.
How Steven and I managed to both squeeze into the gap when Glenn went sideways, I'll never know.
See piccie below.

Matt brought his lumbering limo home for the win and I managed to hold P2 after short shifting furiously to eek out the petrol. Glenn ran out of fuel to spoil the chances of a triple for Jag. The mob were obviously stingy on fuel.

Race 2: This was a blast. 2 Mustangs, 2 Cortinas, and 2 Minis and all extremely close for the first half as we kept swapping places. Eventually the inevitable spins, and Glenn using up a full set of tyres, spread us out towards the end. Grats to Stu for the win and to Steven for bringing the Mini home second.

Attachments

• Jag squeeze.JPG
    Jag squeeze.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 248
Glenn getting the Jag all fired up.
2wheeledjag.jpg

Bugger, attacked that one a little hard!
2wheeledstang.jpg

Warren, showing the power boat like suspension capabilities of the jag.
3wheeledjag.jpg

Adelaide hairpin, 2nd race...
Adelaide.jpg

Stephen deciding he needed some frequent flyer points...
Flyingelite.jpg

No, that's not Warren in the mini, and I've got the pic to prove it!!!
Warrensnotinthemini.jpg

All that space and they crowd into a corner of it!
backstraight.jpg

Someone's gotta do it
daysofyore.jpg

Various attempts were made to try and drift the Q.E. 2
driftboat.jpg

Stu, going for the spectacular, tyre smoking drift in the Abarth.
driftingabarth.jpg

Before that though, he tried its flying capabilities.
flyingabarth.jpg

Dunlop owe Stu some big dollars for this product placement!
productplacement.jpg

Thanks all for a great morning's racing. Was hugely different to the GTC-65's, and that's what really is great about GTL racing. Each class is so different to the next.

Thanks Stu, and everyone else for rockin' up.

Great pics Glenn, still chuckling this morning looking over the pics. And to think I commented there was only 5 of us signed up further up in the post. Bob was right its quality not quantity that counts, really good nights racing, only thing missing was Bob on TS. I'll do a little write up later and throw up a few pics too.

By the way, this lot are looking for a Mr Crouch,Morris and Dawes.

Attachments

• mob.png
    mob.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Matt Crouch

Can't see the pictures at work :(

Surprised to win race 1. My best lap in practice was second last, qualifying was better and in the race I think everyone took turns to spin except I, so I just held on to the 3-4 second lead for the rest of the race :).
I realised part way through this race that my mic was broken as no-one laught at my John Prescott jokes*. I did have a suspicion on Tuesday but I think it was more in and out then.

Race 2 I chose a random online setup, which I would never normally do but figured I'd need a setup for Magny... I actually qualified in P1 :eek:
The Stang was quite fast but a bit hard on the tyres. Got a good start and led for a while before going way too deep in to the hairpin and nearly causing everyone else to crash :p.
Then a lap later on the long straight I came off of the grass, and we were three wide into the hairpin, which was never going to happen :p. I think I spun once or twice more and Glenn and Warren caugh me up before I got the opportunity to push on again. Stayed in third in the end :)

Good races, Magny isn't a track I really enjoy but twas amusing.

*I didn't actually make any John Prescott jokes, but I could have done and nobody would have laughed. There may be another reason for that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 162 7.8%