flyer_june.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 - Alfa Romeo GTA vs Lotus Cortina
Track: Mugello GP
Conditions: 15.00 in-game race time
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins
Race: 15 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This event is a 2 race event, race 1 in the Alfa, race 2 in the Cortina.
Note3: Default skins only. If you know what skins you'll be using, please post them at sign up.

Good racing again, even though it was a smaller group of six, this was a nice flowing track and the Alfa's and Cortina's are always a pleasure to drive.

Race 1: Alfa: Managed to sneak pole but the times were all close. Held the lead into turn 1, but gave Stuart behind me a fright by accidently selecting first gear instead of 2nd under brakes. He missed me that time, but nudged me into the fast chicane, only slightly, but enough to spin me around. This dropped us to P4 and P5. Stuart soon passed me and took off after Matt in a battle for the lead. I had some great racing mid race with Simon and could see the battle in front developing, but I couldn't bridge the 5 -6 sec gap to get involved myself. Grats to Stuart for the narrow win over Matt, it looked like a very close call. I managed P3.

Race 2: Cortina: Matt was clearly getting the track sorted by now, and seemed to have a slight edge this time over the rest of us. I qualified P3 behind Matt and Stu. Simon showed his love of the Cortina, and passed me into turn 1. I had a terrific battle with Simon for a few laps as he made his Tina nice and wide with some controlled drifting around the sweeping turns. Eventually, Simon overdid his drift exiting turn 1 and went lawn mowing. I thought I was destined to watch Matt and Stu fight for the win again, but Stuey decided to go check out his scrapings on the wall (he had left some marks there during practice :lashes: ) and wanted to be sure they were still visible. I think he added some fresh ones :smile-big: . That gave me P2, but Matt was ever so slowly drawing away and went on to take a very well deserved win. I held on for P2.

Thanks again to those who raced, another enjoyable GTL fix. :victory:

As usual, another blast driving with you fellas. Great choice of track which I downloaded a couple of hours before proceedings and fantastic cars.

Race 1.

Not usually a big Alfa fan in GTL but on Mugello these were fantastic. Got off to a good start and my first of many battles in the evening into T1. Half way round Lap1 came across a blanket of fog laid down by Stu and Warren, picked my way through and found myself in P2 chasing Matt. Managed to get to within 1.5 secs but could get no closer. Eventually Stu and Warren both caught me (another "who's bravest on the brakes in T1" with Warren :D) and I settled for P4. Not without incident as I understeered terribly towards the end and ended up playing in the sand on at least one occasion.

Peter airborne
GTL 2009-07-24 08-21-21-57.jpg GTL 2009-07-24 08-22-24-00.jpg

Stu & Warren
GTL 2009-07-24 08-24-07-17.jpg

T1 Battle (part 1)
GTL 2009-07-24 08-30-38-55.jpg

Drifting (Alfa Style)
GTL 2009-07-24 08-32-37-80.jpg

Race 2.

What can I say C-O-R-T-I-N-AHHHHHHH:in-love:
As Warren pointed out in the in-game chat I'm quite partial to this car in real life and to drive it in GTL is probably as close as I'll get. :D
Anyhow another good start and another T1 scrap with Warren. Made my ass as wide as possible to keep him at bay but eventually he squeezed passed on the penultimate corner. (Not before I gave him a run up to T1 though:honk:)

After that it was a case of having some good old fashioned drifting type fun on my own, which was going splendidly until I, yet again, decided that building sandcastles track-side was the way forward :( This allowed Hans to pass but at the end of the day it was just nice to drive the Mk1 again.

Thanks Stuart for this, I know the turnout was small but it was a hell of lot of fun.

A frankly gorgeous sight
GTL 2009-07-24 08-37-52-30.jpg

Stu stunt driving
GTL 2009-07-24 08-39-41-07.jpg

Old school touring car bumper nibbling (check out the name drivers)
GTL 2009-07-24 08-42-46-50.jpg

Cortina drifting:snicker:
GTL 2009-07-24 08-39-04-73.jpg

Hans spitting flames
GTL 2009-07-24 08-45-35-39.jpg

Off for few days holiday now, Won't be able to make Magny Cours for RDHGP but hope to get another one in before Spa. See you soon.

Simon :)

• Matt Crouch

Race 1 - Switched to the setup warren mentioned on the files during practice and it seemed to help quite a bit, but I still wasn't as fast as the front peoples. Nevertheless after the first lap I was in first with Simon chasing behind. I could see the Bacon sandwich getting smaller as Stuart got closer lap by lap, until eventually I was under some pressure. I was pretty sure I couldn't hold on, but it went on quite a while, and after a few mistakes on both sides we were almost neck and neck for the finish. Thought I might be able to sneak through a gap or two in the last few corners, but it wasn't going to happen ;)

Still, my best lap was still about 1.4 off of the best for the Alfa

Race 2 - The cortina always seems to be good to me and I plopped it on pole. I don't think the positions changed after the start. Most of the race I was on my own (as was everyone else for most of it when I was looking at the timings). Warren did start to draw the gap in on the odd lap as I started to zone out from driving round on my own. I was consistently doing laps over a second off of my best time. Then in the last few laps I realised how much quicker I could be going if I was concentrating... my last lap turned out to be my second best by less than a tenth. Took it over the line for first, which is probably my first 'fair' win, albeit over 4 people :p

Decent races even with the turnout

I never did a race on Mugello so in practice try to learn the track and the corners that look a like bud are not a like .

Race one,Ouali, not that bad with a 2.22.5xx give me the last pos. race start,and in T2 I hit Peter who went over his had,waited and start all over to my surprise I was a bit faster then Peter (maybe a driving problem after my hit?)
was a bit to aggressive on the curfs and go on my roof ,the rest of the race on my own with a constant time diff.of .50 sec did my PB in race,2.21.x

Race two ,
I begin to love the Cortina, Quali was a bit to short for me good not get a decent lap out,so start on P5 (last place) had a few spins bud managed a 2.22in the race .
Again steady on .40 sec.behind not able to close,with 2 or 3 laps to go I met Simon who was playing in the sandbox , eager to stay in front of Simon,saying to my self: keep it on track and bring here home witch I did so Finn. on 4 place.
Two good sings, I learn a new track (for me than) and getting better with the Cortina,must say three sings I had a Fun evening with you guys .
To Peter, making a apology for ruin his evening.
Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back