TC-65 NSU TT vs Porsche 912 @ Tor Kielce -Thu 9th May 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 NSU TT ( download ) vs Porsche 912 ( Download )
Track: Tor Kielce Poland 4.3 Km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 12 laps)

Note 1: Skins that come with the Mods Only You can pick a number for your skin
Note 2: Race 1 you will use the first car next to your name and for Race 2 the other car
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a Superpole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 5: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved the overlap fairly.
The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - NSU / Porsche Pc Problem sorry guys
  2. Paul Bennett - Porsche #105 / NSU #163
  3. Hiroshi Awazu - NSU #115 / Porsche #309
  4. Andrew Jarnell - Porsche / NSU
  5. Antonio Tavares - NSU #168 / Porsche #107
  6. Jack smith - Porsche / NSU
  7. Steven Walker - NSU / Porsche
  8. Hans Sneep Porsche #912 / NSU #75
  9. Brian Harlow NSU / Porsche
  10. Sakis Politis Porsche #10 / NSU #71
  11. Rene va Zijp NSU / Porsche
  12. Krzysztof Babij Porsche / NSU
  13. Roland Warmenhoven NSU / Porsche
  14. Marcin Piatkiewicz Porsche / NSU
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Good fun tonight, as always. Unfortunate for Rupe with the computer problem :( but thanks to Roland who did an outstanding job as race event official ...I was even afraid of making any submarine jokes for fear of the reject button and losing my 10 Euros as, limited - support backup- type officer.
Things seemed to run fairly smooth...people found the track/cars combo a bit of a challenge at times and there were few accidents but I hope fun was had by all.

We just need to get Brian to quit exiting to the moon before the qualie starts. :p

Some of our new faces had really good results and are proving to be a great addition to a our little group, and some of the new faces had a bit of a struggle ( also positive additions) but remember we all know where you are coming from..so hang in there, return and slowly but surely you will improve.

Thanks to Rupe for the event, grads to podiums, cheers to all drivers.

'''@Good races, with an impressive pace from Sakis on both. "First race against humans"? :confused:'''

Now that I read it again it sounds a bit otherworldly....:O_o: :D I would like to congratulate all participants (and sadly non participants) for this wonderful meeting. I was amazed by the professionalism and punctuality in everything. Sacrificing a bit of the car's turn in to avoid excessive oversteering seemed to work well in this track. You guys (and ladies ;)) were all amazing on and off the track. Thank you for keeping this masterpiece of a game alive and running. Now that I found so well organised and clean races and such a wonderful company of fellow sim racers I will definitely stay! Good day to all of you!!:)

Good times :)

Had a sound issue for race 1 lost my speakers no engine roar by time I worked out what happened you guys had started. I was using an old type keyboard for the race due to lack of USB ports there is a volume dial on it I must of turned it down when setting up :mad: will get some extra ports I think.

Race 2 all was sorted and took out the NSU, did a lot of laps earlier in the day working on a new project so was happy on track and with the car. Did a good quli time, well good for me anyway not last :) was racing with Rene & Hans just in front of me then an off at the left turn uphill. lost some time getting going again at the last few turns Sakis :alien: lapped me, only one car lapped me that's a first for me :thumbsup:

Now I settled in with my new pedals & shifter my racing is improving all the time, thanks to Roland & Jack who stepped in as race controllers good job lads :thumbsup:, shame about Rupe missing out on the event hope he's up and running for next time.

Antonio Tavares : Your defviews file is pretty similar to mine, except for the FOV and I don't know what the OrientationRate setting does.. will try it some time.
You may know already, but when you're in cockpit view you can dynamically change the FOV in this game, by holding the left CTRL key, holding Left Mouse Button and moving your mouse forward/backward. I have mine as much forward as possible (see HERE) since using multiple screens.
Also, disabling "look-to-apex" and playing with the "World movement" setting may help in getting a better view.

Last night's races were good fun; results were errr... not that good, but fun allright.
I was in a bit late already, and found out suddenly that I got to play chief for the night as well, as Jack so kindly volunteered to act as my backup:D. So with counting heads and keeping an eye on the time, my Q1 lap was my very first one in the NSU on this track, with result as expected:laugh:.
In the race too, like last week I was pretty fast but I just couldn't stop spinning the car. I must have chased Hiroshi and Hans like 5 times, getting past, spinning, and starting over again.. and again... and again..:roflmao: until finally in lap 9 I spun so bad I threw myself offtrack and couldn't get back:(

Race 2 in the Porsche was better, since I actually practiced some with Antonio last friday. Managed to keep the car straight most of the time, and had a look at the guys in P2 through P5 most of the race, had some short but nice battles with Krzysztof, and even managed to finish in 5th....

Grats to all podium finishers, and to Sakis for a crystal clear double win..
Been playing for quite some time but never against humans...:whistling:
:D:laugh::roflmao:ROFLOL! Right! I bet you only ever raced fellow aliens :p. Nonetheless welcome - quite an impressive debut that was.:thumbsup: And of course welcome to Marcin Piatkiewicz as well, hope you have some better luck next time.

Thanks Rupe for this event, the cars proved to be a really good match here. But it was not an easy one for me, and if either of those cars is gonna be my next league vehicle, I know I'm in trouble...:unsure:;)

Good to hear you've got your Puter sort-of back up and running too, hope its full recovery will take less time than its owner's.;)

It gets even stranger every time I read it...:O_o::roflmao::laugh:

I guess I will change my status message soon and write something... more appropriate....:p
Don't worry... click HERE to see where the Aliens come from.. (seriously! not some lame joke:whistling: )

[EDIT] This is crazy.. apparently It's not allowed here to link here to this certain other simracing website as it automatically cripples the link no matter what I do..
Strange... to say the least..

Anyway I just wanted you to read this:
  • Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:53 PM
ok I found out.

The term "alien" has a history in premier-class bike racing going back to at least the Doohan championship years.

In 1997 After finishing second to Mick Doohan, Carlos Checa said: "He's an alien. To finish second behind him is like victory."

Doohan the 'alien' rockets to French win http://www.independe...in-1254983.html
Doo's an alien! http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Doo%27s+an+alien!(Sport)-a061074115

'Alien' has been in use for many years in the Sim Racing community. The meaning is - a driver who is inexplicably fast and also is ruthlessly consistent. Aliens are leaderboard holders for the fastest lap times.

Posted by member jumper5836 on the inside sim racing forums.

Sakis Politis :fixed now.. sorry.[/EDIT]

@Roland Warmenhoven

Antonio Tavares : Your defviews file is pretty similar to mine, except for the FOV and I don't know what the OrientationRate setting does.. will try it some time.
You may know already, but when you're in cockpit view you can dynamically change the FOV in this game, by holding the left CTRL key, holding Left Mouse Button and moving your mouse forward/backward. I have mine as much forward as possible (see HERE) since using multiple screens.

Yes Roland, my FOV is adjusted to 3 x 23" monitors @5915x1080 bezel compensated resolution. I defaulted it to 45º, but I adjust it from car to car to obtain a FOV very similar to your pictures: the bottom of the km/h and rpm gauges aligned with the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately my FRAPS makes game crash when I try to get a screenshot. From car to car, I make small adjustments up/down and forward/rearward to get that FOV.

There is also an option, in the plr file:

Rearview Width="75.00000"
Rearview Height="7.50000"

With these values, the cars behind appear at same distance in virtual mirror and in the "look behind" button, while before, with default values, they seemed distant in virtual mirror, but if I used the "look behind" button, they appeared much closer. This is, I believe, FOV and resolution dependent, so if you want to try it you should do some testing until you are satisfied with the result. I don't remember exactly, but I think that it's only necessary to change one of the lines above (the other does nothing), but I'm not sure which.

I also don't know what the orientation rate does - I got this file from a friend, and basically adjusted the FOV for my screens.
And using a very small amount of "look to apex" can actually help to feel the car better, because on top of the FFB information you feel in your hands, you have also visual information. But it takes a while to get used to and find the right amount.. I'm not using any at the moment with this GTL install, but in ABB it felt good with 5%.

Sorry for my late post. Last night was immensly enjoyable for me. After spending the day before getting some half decent setups on the cars the races went well.

Race 1 was a lonely 4th place finish for me but race 2.....WOW! What a race that was. I was right up antonio's exhaust for most of the race but instead of pressuring him into making a mistake, it was me making them..:(. Finally on the 11th lap i made 1 too many mistakes and gave 3rd spot away. The chicane before the last hairpin kept catching me out.:mad: Sorry to antonio again for the spin at the hairpin. I took a tiny bit too much speed into it off throttle and the back end swapped places with the front.:) but great that you waited a little after. I think we were very evenly matched through the race.

Can't wait till next Tuesday.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back