TC-65 Mustang vs Falcon @ Anderstorp - Tue 21st January 2014

flyertc65.jpg

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1

Class: TC-65 Ford Mustang vs Ford Falcon
TC-65 Extra skin pack (Download)
Track: Anderstorp (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Mustang / Race2 = Falcon Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please

1. Rupe Wilson - Mustang / Falcon
  2. Warren Dawes - Falcon / Mustang
  3. Steve Walker - Mustang / Falcon
  4. Josh Morrell - Falcon / Mustang
  5. Hans Sneep - Mustang / Falcon
  6. Philip Brown - Falcon / Mustang
  7. Jack Smith - Mustang / Falcon
  8. Warren Schembri - Falcon / Mustang
  9. Andrew James - Mustang / Falcon
  10. Denis Betty - Falcon / Mustang
  11. Roland Warmenhoven - Mustang / Falcon
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

To install the skins please unpack to desktop and the cut and paste to your gtl games folder \GTL\GameData\Teams and let it overwrite.

Last edited:
Hello,
GTL has a good group of guys here that still race 3 times a week ,

if you want to join us on track your more than welcome , but first you need to get a free licence found HERE
And then the rules for RD found HERE
And because we are a kind of Gentleman's drivers club were its all about the racing we have some extra rules Found HERE

Please dont let all the rules scare you off, they are just so drivers know we dont do smash bang tactics,
we race hard but clean and fair, its all about the racing not were you finish, pull of great passes, without contact.
these are old cars and worth lots of money, the last thing we want to is put a dint in the old cars..:D
but it does happen form time to time..:redface:

I had buckets of fun last night even though I'd had limited practice time. I lucked out with the setups and quickly found comfortable settings for both cars giving me a little more running time before the race.:)

After qualifying mid grid I got an untidy start trying to avoid a slow starter in front and keep the power on at the same time. It didn't quite work out and I got friendly with the wall :whistling: Luckily I got it back under control and managed to get back up to speed quickly but got a tap in the rear through turn 1 which spun me round. Not wasting any time getting going again I rejoined the track and set off after the others who were disappearing off into the distance.
It didn't actually take very long to make up places as the drivers next in line were having a few moments which gave me easy passes but then there were several laps where I was basically hot-lapping on my own until I caught sight of the next driver who promptly got it wrong whilst braking into turn 2 giving me another easy pass ;) There then ensued another few lonely laps until I caught sight of the next car but this wasn't going to be easy as he was keeping it on track and maintaining a good speed. I didn't seem to be gaining much until 2 laps from the end when I think his tyres started to go and his pace dropped allowing me to close in. It came down to the last corner of the last lap and I was right on his bumper but he got a good drive out onto the finish straight denying me another place. Great fun but 5th was the best I could do for race 1 in the Mustang.

Race 2 and now I was in the Falcon with a totally unexpected pole position to boot.:) I even managed a good start this time and was able to slowly pull away from the rest. The gap was gradually growing when I looked in my mirror for a split second and by the time I'd refocused ahead I had missed my braking point and ended up off track.:poop: After rejoining the track it took a couple of corners to get my rhythm again and started to close in on the pack ahead. I think I was in 7th place by this point (not too sure as I accidentally got rid of the replay) and I had caught up to Denis in turn 1 which meant I had a good tow almost all the way down the straight. I was a little unsure whether I could stop in time for the corner so I braked a little earlier to make sure and kept it tight on the exit in case he was coming round the outside.
After that my memory is a little dim but I remember catching up to Rupe who was having fun trying to get past Warren but he had a little moment as he came out of turn 3 I think which gave me 5th and then into 4th as I managed to pass Warren on the run down to turn 6. :speechless: I must have made another pass although I can't remember who but I do recall catching up to Roland who was in 2nd and as usual I couldn't find a pass on him in the few laps that were left.:( So a 3rd place finish was the best I could salvage from my cockup.:laugh:

Well done to podiums and thanks all for racing and making the night so enjoyable. See you next time.:thumbsup:

That was great.

I love both of these cars so I put in some practice time to see what I could make of it.

Race 1
The first race was a ton of fun. I got a good qually lap in with the Falcon and set off at the beginning of the race hoping to catch Warren. All was going well until I saw that Rupe was managing to keep up and reeling me in with the mustang.:confused: I could not allow myself to be passed by a mustang but the sheer stress sent me off early.:poop:
I managed to get back on the track and maintain 3rd place but could not catch back up to Rupe or Warren. Good job Warren for winning and as well to Rupe for running that mustang so hard.

Race 2
The second race went really well. The transition from the falcon to the much more forgiving mustang was a welcome change and I was able to get a good qually lap in. From the start of the race until about lap 6, I was right on the bumper of Roland hoping that he would eventually crack and go off course. However, Roland must have nerves of steel because he managed to keep that slippery car on track and was not taking any of it. I managed to eventually slip by him but what amazed me is that he managed to keep on racing under that same type of pressure for the rest of the race and did not mess up or allow anyone else to pass. Good job.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I'm late but I've been a bit busy. Just wanted to thank everyone for some great racing, I myself was hopeless as usual in the Mustang, but the Falcon race was a ton of fun battling with Josh!:)
Despite him being quicker overall we were having a ball for a number of laps until he eventually wrestled himself past me in the heat of battle..:p Even managed to stay close to him for a while but couldn;t challenge him at any point after that.
THX all for a good nights racing!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back