TC-65 Mustang vs Falcon @ Anderstorp - Tue 21st January 2014

flyertc65.jpg

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1

Class: TC-65 Ford Mustang vs Ford Falcon
TC-65 Extra skin pack (Download)
Track: Anderstorp (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Mustang / Race2 = Falcon Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time
(1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please

1. Rupe Wilson - Mustang / Falcon
  2. Warren Dawes - Falcon / Mustang
  3. Steve Walker - Mustang / Falcon
  4. Josh Morrell - Falcon / Mustang
  5. Hans Sneep - Mustang / Falcon
  6. Philip Brown - Falcon / Mustang
  7. Jack Smith - Mustang / Falcon
  8. Warren Schembri - Falcon / Mustang
  9. Andrew James - Mustang / Falcon
  10. Denis Betty - Falcon / Mustang
  11. Roland Warmenhoven - Mustang / Falcon
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

To install the skins please unpack to desktop and the cut and paste to your gtl games folder \GTL\GameData\Teams and let it overwrite.

Last edited:
Good fun usual, nice to be back racing with the GTL gentlemen. :)
These cars were well suited to this track, plenty of chance to get the speed up and keep it there. It's a great flowing track to drive.

Race 1, I was probably a little lucky to have the Falcon with it's slight edge in speed, and the race was made easier by Josh having an off early. WD Rupe and Josh for the podium.

Race 2 was a cracker, with about 5 or six of us battling side by side for the whole race. Roland made things difficult with his lightning start to jump to the front, keeping Josh and I at bay very well. Josh finally squeezed past Roland and was able to concentrate on his own race, but I couldn't find any openings in Roland's tight lines. That resulted in me being hounded relentlessly by the Falcons of Jack, Steve, and Rupe. I held Jack off early but he was threatening the whole time, well done Jack. Steve grabbed a rare opening and pounced both Rupe and I in an instant, leaving me with the folorn task of holding Rupe at bay. I held him up for a few laps but eventually had to concede his extra zip down the long straight.
All good fun though, it's good to be able to scrap closely with drivers around you that you totally trust to keep it clean. :thumbsup:

Grats to Josh for the race win, and WD Roland and Steve (you can pay me later for holding Rupe up just long enough :whistling: ).

Last edited:
Nice track car combo's plus a quality collection of drivers. Who could ask for anything more? Well how about stay on track for a complete race.

I enjoyed driving both cars around here because you can really use the speed of the cars and still feel in control ..... for the most part. I was surprised to find the tires of the Falcon gave out quicker than the Mustang. I was my own worst enemy again as I gave up comfortable positions in both races with unforced errors due to lack of focus.... I recall at least four off track mishaps. Later talking with Steve, we agreed that you only need to slip up for a microsecond and you have missed your braking point, etc. Still I enjoyed a chase with Hans and Denis, a close encounter with the front runners for several laps ..... It was pure pleasure as I danced around the track just behind Warren's big bumper only to slip off track caused by the slightest touch of the curb.... and a lovely chance to go from near the front to dead last...oh how I love the challenge.

WD to podiums... thanks to Rupe for the events and cheers to all drivers. I accidently exited the game after the race so was unable to take part in after race texting... not due to race rage. " All my X's send me Textes"

Long live GTL in one form or another.

Great fun the whole night,
trying to match the falcon in a mustang in race 1 was very hard work i had to drive the wheels of it to keep up,
got a lucky break with Josh running on in the bend but could not close the gap on Warren but made sure i kept him honest for the rest of the race, every little mistake i would close a tenth or two but on the longs straight i would grow a tenth or two, Maybe if id got a better qually lap, instead of 3rd.:D. Lol. I could of kept up.. NOT...
so second was all i could do .:whistling::)

Race 2 in the Falcon .. Revenge..:O_o:

well not exactly,:roflmao: i was a good second faster than the rest so i did not qualify to give the guys a good run at the front and chase them down..:O_o:
Started of slow and then tried my hand at catching the front up , as the laps rolled down i was making progress through the pack, but with guys holding good line overtaking was hard, i had many great laps but could not use the speed advantage i had in some of the corners as other cars were blocking my lines... and we don't go barging through..;)
finally got on the back of Warren and we had a couple of laps bumper to bumper and side by side in the corners.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes this is possible with these big beast, looks great in the replay..
As Warren said clean and fair and lots of fun...:)
i did get my pass only after he gave me the inside line, i almost wanted the race to keep going as id closed in on the leaders and was having such a blast.

I could of started from the front and tried to blast of and leave them for a boring win ..:p
but starting from the rear was so much fun. waiting for the guys to leave me a little gap to exploit,

Winning isn't everything, although it is nice its the racing that counts .. And that was great.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back