TC-65 Mini Cooper S & Abarth 1000 TCR @ Eastmidge - Thu 28th Feb 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Mini Cooper S (liveries) & Abarth 1000 TCR (Download) + Required Soundpack (Download)
Track: Eastmidge (Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (17 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (17 laps)

Note 1: Mini Cooper S (race 1) & Abarth 1000 TCR ( race 2)
Note 2: Only use the liveries with the cars please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Andrew Jarnelln
  3. Rene van Zijp
  4. Simon Bacon
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Warren Dawes
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Philip Brown
  9. Bob Hutchins
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Stuart Thomson
  19. Knut Omdal Tveito
  20. Roland Warmenhoven
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

The brakes on this Abarth are terrible. How do you even slow this thing down without wrecking it's tires? Easy to make it turn without kicking out, but I cannot make it stop properly. If you even think about touching the pedal the brakes lock up. :thumbsdown:

However the Mini is much nicer in that department. :thumbsup:

Very strange experience yesterday,
was on the server did some test with the Abarth was going ok change to Mini an had lots of trouble with the car to get up speed,much slower then the Abarth,
found Peter on the server who had some trouble with the Abarth (oversteer) give him a setup an going out together for a view laps, me behind Peter in relax mode an now I saw my laptime's going down by the laps at they end I was 4 sec faster then the Abarth,the difference is a bid on the sunny site because I could be a bid faster with the Abarth bud still very surprised :) so I maybe learn to drive the Mini after all :cool:

... when I loaded the AbarthTCR default setup form GTL it seemed to be way out compared to what I had for the TC, so used an old TC setup for the TCR as a starting point and seemed to work much better.

-Still not feeling 100%, or even 90, but will sign up for the race and see how it goes.?

Thanks...

I know what you mean Hans, i had the same times for both cars, but i knew the Abarth should be quicker. At one point i was over a second quicker in the Mini.
But after a new approach and different techniques in driving i can say that the Abarth is quicker.
to quick to have them in the same race..:)
But for a while i thought there was something wrong with my sim...

Me and Philip had a bit of late night testing and it looks like its going to be fun...:)

Try reducing the brake pressure to about 88 -90%.
I am at 80% and it is still locking too easily. I cannot set it any lower in-game.
I mean, unless the knob on my CSR elite pedals got bumped the last time I vacuumed them out, but braking in other GTL cars has been ok as well as Race 07 cars.

I guess I have to turn it down a bit, but.. :(

I suppose I will sign up at this point.

Thanks to the small group who joined this one. It was a pretty simple little track but still provided good racing for these little tykes.
Such a shame that Rupe had PC problems and couldn't race. :(

I had some good racing with Bob in the Minis and a cracker of a race with Phil in the Abarths. Phil and I crossed the line side by side, can't get much closer than that. ;)
Grats to Bob for the win in the Abarth.

Hans was the star in these little cars, getting a podium and 4th in the races and putting in some very impressive lap times too. Well done Hans. :thumbsup:

Thanks for organising Rupe.

It was a revealing race for me,look at my early post #24 !

Most of the time free practice times are different from race or Quali times for me that is,this race evening was something else,starting with the Mini in practice having some good laptimes.

When Quali game get a "laptime not cound" so starting from the back on p8,had a good start making up some places,Warren who start behind me, pass me an I try to hold on, an to my surprise that was working well,halfway the race Warren on p1, Bob on p2,me on p3 an closing on Bob an even get a pass on Bob, then start to push to get on to Warren an making mistakes, Bob passing me an that was it,(Quote Bob,keep it on track Hans!!)
Hold my 3th place an fin. there with the fastest race lap :) wow!

Abarth,
Good practice an Quali, Bob having the pole,me on p2?! good start bud lost the car after the first chicane:(,so have to race to get up places ,after a few laps closing on Jack for p4 an after a little battle ;) going by (Jack waited !) an was on p4 the rest of the race,could not close in the difference was constant 7-8 sec an laptimes the same as the top 3 ! so fin.on p4 an happy!
Grats To Warren for R1 an Bob for R2 !!

Thanks Rupe ! Nice track, shame you was not there ...

Well i was set for a nice night of racing id had a good day getting to terms with my new setup 3 screens is great but you do get a feeling of motion sickness at times with the view, takes a while to get used to it. throughout the day id tried many sims and all seemed ok. id did have it running on full setting all stressed out for quite a while to check..
but for some reason when i was in the the garage the screen would freeze up. Out on track no problems at all. Very frustrating..And it froze just at the start of qually so i disconnected and went to a single screen and reset my pc and router thinking it would now be ok..But even on a single screen my pc was hanging..
so i missed both races:(
I still dont know the cause of it all as 2 hours later i was on the server with no problems at all.
this morning after further checking and looking at logs in my Asus AI suite II i see ive had some voltage issues around the time of the races So it looks like my power unit to power the pc is not as good as what it supposed to be that all i can think it is.. and all info relates to this..
I then looked on the Nvidia help pages and this seems to be a problem for others.
ive followed there help section using Nvidia inspector and just gave it a smidge more power.
+12.5 mv and all seems stable now and after some testing it seems to be ok.
But i think the safer option is to go and buy a better power unit with a bit more beans..
the spec says 450 is enough but my 500 watt is of a lesser brand and not giving the recommended base voltage my that the card requires if i look at the inspector values for a 3GB card...

So its off to the shop for a luck and hope this cures it.
i did reinstall GT Legends last week and had no other mods or tracks than what was required to race with, so it was just about a clean version and all works ok.
i plugged my old tv back in and to my relief i had the same problems a little bit of stutter in the sim and garage (takes a second to react to the mouse movement clicking on a icon to quick can freeze the game if the icon is not highlighted) in did the voltage trick and it all goes away..

So Heres hoping i get it fixed and be back on track tonight in a Mini..:)

Hi Rupe
What kind of monitor have you got that give you 6054x1080 res
need a new computer build so need some spec to go far

andy
Hi Andy, I have just invested in a triple screen setup and that why i can get the screen size..
If your looking for a new pc, first you have to know how much you are willing to spend and then look at what is possible..
we all have our preferences as to what is best. You might be ok with an upgrade if you system allows it. some shop bought pc's dont allow this as the operating system seems tied to various components...
i dont understand to much as to why this is, and have always got a shop to make mine up, its only recently that ive started to build my own.
There are people on this forum with a wealth of knowledge about such thing who i go to ask when i need things..:)

Now here is something that even a little stranger, maybe a placebo effect, i dont know there has always been a couple of tracks where i get the odd stutter in corners in the frames, even though my framerate doesn't seem to drop it like a mini freeze i had it in the league event a couple of times in heavy traffic, (i was on my old setup single big screen..) I think a few have experienced this over time
Knut being one and Hans.. you could say most of who i have raced with have encountered this problem..ive just been testing again with 36 cars in traffic and if i go back to my old tv and settings I can get this going round the Algarve.
Heres is the good thing if i change to my new 3 screen setup and leave voltage as standard i can get the same effects as the big tv, the framerate is still over 100 but still get the odd little stutter nothing serious but its there. But if i then give it the little boost it all goes away no stutter at all.. if i do the same when on my single screen give it a little boost it all goes away... PC can be strange at times...:)

I was dissapointed when Rupe was not able to join in, and with the smaller grid for this event you were really missed.
R1 Had a good quali but got jumped by several minis at the start, ( forgot about the effect my middle gearing might have on the start.) Anyway, I some how came out of lap 1 in 2nd, but then drifted wide at Turn 4 onto the turf... Slotted in behind Jack, and stayed there for the next 14laps! Nice driving Jack and congrates to Warren on the win, and well done to Bob and Hans!

R2. This little car is a real bomb, ( TCR ) and there where some nice close times for the start. Got away well and had a good battle with Warren in pusut. At some point Warren got by going into turn 1, and I had a moment as I missed my braking point and ran wide, but was able to recover and take up the chase. Love these cars and it was the perfect track for them. Would like to do this again with a bigger grid! Congrations to Bob on the win, you had a great run pole to pole! Nice driving Warren,and thanks for the fun race everyone

Once again sorry you could not be there Rupe, I think you are onto something with the power supply. There are several little programs out there to help calculate the size of the power supply needed. For sure driving 3 screens is going to have an effect on the overall power consuption and the performance of your setup. Hope you get it all sorted out and thanks for the event!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%