TC-65 Mini Cooper @ Dijon-Prenois -Tue 4th February

flyertc65.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Mini Cooper S (Default)
TC-65 Extra skin pack (Download)
Track: Dijon-Prenois short &long (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: We will run both tracks short and long
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Warren Dawes
  3. Denis Betty
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Steve Walker
  6. Guus Verver
  7. Tim Ling
  8. Franklin Stegink
  9. Roland Warmenhoven
  10. Jack Smith
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really really sorry guys. That's twice in two races I've taken someone off on the first lap. I'm really angry with myself. I thought it was Roland I hit so I joined after him, but then I saw that Rupe was not with the pack so I stopped. Once I stopped I just thought "I'm spoiling this for the rest of you" so I bugged out. Sorry again to you all esp whoever it was that I hit.

Nice to have a run in my old favourite Mini, although this track has never been one of my favourites. The fast flowing bends suited the Mini though, it's surprisingly quick around Dijon.

A few hard luck stories came from this event though. Good to see Tim back racing again (I'll bet the shoulder was painful though). :thumbsup:

Race 1: I started from the back to keep Steve company, and managed to come out of the turn 1 saga with only a few bruises. I lucked out by being behind Jack in 3rd place, so we had a few close laps which included me being able to draft pass Jack down the loooooong straight. I then tried to chase Guus out front, kept his pace for a couple of laps until he seemed to light the afterburners and jumped away. Unfortunately for Guus, he lost connection on about lap 8, leaving me in front, and maintaining a steady gap to Roland who was pretty fast (despite him saying he can't drive FWD :sneaky: ).
WD Roland and Steve for the podium.

Race 2: I destroyed another Mini :(
Started at the back again, and this time everyone managed turn 1 well, so the traffic was much busier. I eventually caught Rupe and we were having a good ol' tussell, until we touched through turn 1 and spun. Very sorry Rupe, I'm sure I contributed due to my Mini sliding a tad too much trying to keep it very tight on the inside. We both set off again after Rupe dug himself out of the sand (Rupe was quite familiar with that stretch of sand by now) and resumed our little scrap.
With one lap to go, I did the unthinkable. At full tilt and starting to brake for turn 1, I accidently chose 1st gear instead of 3rd, and the Mini didn't like it :sick: . The engine blew in a huge cloud of smoke. Sadly for Rupe, I blinded him with soot all over his windscreen, causing him to spin again (no doubt he was wondering where the hell I was in that black cloud :confused:). That also caused poor Hans to hit Rupe and roll over. Sorry guys. :redface: Then to make matters even worse for Rupe, I think some bits of my disintegrated engine ended up in Rupes gear box because it sounded like it was jumping out of gear for his final lap.
Oh, and Guus had another disconnect when he had the race at his mercy (again).

Grats to Steve for the win, and WD Roland and Jack for the podium.

Special thanks to Rupe for organising, even though both races turned bleak for you this time.

And @Denis Betty , don't take it hard for the Race 1 mishap mate, it's happened to all of us (more than once), just part of racing on-line. ;) It adds some spice sometimes. :)

My first race for about 2 months, and it went better than expected.

Thanks to @Warren Dawes for his setup... For some reason, all the mini setups seem to have disappeared from my saves :(

R1: Q3 due to a few people who didn't qualify, but totally screwed up my start, and I was last before we went under the first advertising banner. Got through the mess in T1, and chased Hans for a bit, until he went wide, then tried to hold off a recovering Steve while chasing Jack. Steve got past, but Jack held him up, and for a while we were nose to tail. Steve eventually got past Jack, and so did I a couple of laps later. Did my best to catch Steve, but that wasn't going to happen. Finished 4th :p

R2: Q4, messed up start etc. (gotta fix that clutch pedal). Another very enjoyable romp around Dijon, was catching Jack towards the end, back a small mistake from me lost me the chance of last lap glory :rolleyes: Came home 5th

Was very good to race again, and @Denis Betty as Warren said we've all been there. One race I took Stuart (the old GTL boss admin) out in T1:confused: Very embarrassing :redface: The best thing is just keep going:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back