TC-65 Ford falcon Rallye Sprint @ MT Panomara 67 -Tue 30 April 2013

Endurance.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Ford falcon Rallye Sprint ( Download ) Extra liveries ( Download )
Track: MT Panorama 67 - 6.21km ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
This is a Endurance event :
Qualification start time: GMT 19.00 ( 30 min )
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (23 laps)

Note 1: Ford falcon Rallye Sprint with the liveries that come with the mod and the extra set from the second download
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Tim Ling
  4. Jack Smith
  5. Peter van Zanten
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Philip Brown
  9. Andreas Löffler
  10. Neil Gault
  11. Warren Schembri
  12. Antonio Tavares
  13. Jorge Ferreira
  14. Roland Warmenhoven
  15. Mate Orban
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I didn't do anything outstanding but I never did anything terribly bad either, but I really enjoyed the track/car combo. I know Tim didn't care for the Falcon but it is one of those cars that I just felt comfortable in. Spent most of the race alone watching those ahead slowly increase their leads and watching some of those behind slowly closing the gap. One thing that could have been better was the efficiency of my pit stop....just a tad slow at selecting the items... too rushed... took all my fuel out by mistake...then had to put it back in. More events with pit stops should help cure those errors. When I went in the pits I was ahead of Knut.. when I came out he was way ahead...now that doesn't sound fair now does it.:D .

Big thanks to Hans for his work on this one, as well as, Knut and Rupe. Cheers to podiums and all drivers. Long live GTL.

Welcome to the new drivers. Sorry to Antonio for bumping you in qualie but as the guys explained your car was not visible to me on track at that time.

Thanks everyone for the race. I had a total blast!!

Was no where near the front runners but was enjoying it the whole way through and managed to go the whole distance which for me is huge!!!!

Not sure when I'll be racing with you guys again but I'm already looking forward to it

This is what I was driving with last night which (Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience 2 in 1) but I have a G27 on the way which should improve my lap times (hopefully :))
$T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fDwijBRVTgmGgIQ~~48_20.JPG

Phew, I survived this one-hour wrestling match.. but it didn't come easy:D.
It was really good fun but I felt like me vs. the car more than like a race against other drivers.
Lost it a few times resulting in me scraping the barriers and walls a few times, but nothing big.
I did not see much on-track action with other drivers, but in this case I really didn't need it, in fact the few times when I did have someone else close in front of me I just thought "go away, I'm fighting this really big car here and you're blocking my view..:p "

This event was quite different from everything else, I like the mandatory pitstop just need to ask Knut some advice how to speed up my mechanics as unlike Jack I made no mistakes in the pit this time yet he was way behind before his pitstop and came out >10 sec. ahead after mine :confused: ?!?!

Anyways, I could see on XD there was more racing action going on further up the charts (only checking on the long straight:)) so you guys must have enjoyed yourselves as well. Grats to the podium finishers, too bad Mate couldn't stick around 'til the end, and grats to Warren for making it all the way to the end, as this really was no entry-level car nor track.

Thanks Hans, Rupe and Knut for all the prep work for this event, looking forward to another one, hopefully with a slightly bigger crowd.:thumbsup:

This is what I was driving with last night which (Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience 2 in 1) but I have a G27 on the way which should improve my lap times (hopefully :))

Unfortunately the order has been cancelled which sucks but it has helped me gain sympathy with my wife so I will be getting a wheel of some sort soon. Just not sure when or what

Well what to say,I am glad you all like it:)
At first I was was thinking to take the Boss 302 for this event,but as Knut say to me take the new Falcon Sprint Rally more time related an right he was:D

I was in love with the scenery an wondered a round it a lot bud that did not improve my lap times,
second when pitting in lap 12, fuel an only front tyres "Big Mistake" after a few laps the sliding started an dropping down the order to last place I think an fin. there all so 1 lap behind :O_o:
Bud I had my fun al so an the time was flying by !!

One site note,on a long track with 13 drivers there is a big change that a few guys drive a ferry
lonely race, so thinking on Le Mans this is way to long to have fun for all.
Suggestion are always welcome, an I like to now what you are thinking off !!

Grats to All who where there :) an to Rupe an Knut for there input !

Me working on a new one:whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years