TC-65 Cortina vs Alfa @ Spa-Francorchamps GP - Tue 5th November 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: 1RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Lotus Cortina Vs Alfa Romeo GTA
Track: Spa-Francorchamps GP (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 8 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 8 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race 1 = Cortina / Race 2 = Alfa Even number vice versas
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please
Note 7: We will be driving this track for the month of November. It might take a few attempts to get up to speed so take it easy and learn the track.

Server password:
click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson -- Cortina / Alfa
  2. Guus Verver -- Alfa / Cortina
  3. Denis Betty -- Cortina / Alfa
  4. Steve Walker -- Alfa / Cortina
  5. Jack Smith -- Cortina / Alfa
  6. Hans Sneep -- Alfa / Cortina
  7. Antonio Tavares -- Cortina / Alfa
  8. Krzysztof Babij -- Alfa / Cortina
  9. Jacob Boonstra -- Cortina / Alfa
  10. Allan Ramsbottom -- Alfa / Cortina
  11. David Cuthill -- Cortina / Alfa
  12. Milos Litavec -- Alfa / Cortina
  13. Yves Larose -- Cortina / Alfa
  14. Ariciuc Razvan -- Alfa / Cortina
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Man oh man, great racing session tonight! :thumbsup:

In first race, despite not being able to follow the (3?) Alfas that led the race, I had a great battle with Yves, who was also driving a Cortina. We changed positions 2 or 3 times, and in the final lap I was glued to his rear trying to get by, but Yves made no mistake, hold his lines hitting the apexes and I had to settle for the 4th or 5th position after him. But I had a great time with 8 laps of close racing, despite not feeling very confident about pushing the Cortina to it's limits. Anyway, I managed to take it to the finish without incidents and having fun along the way. :)

In second race I was on my element: the Alfa. Spa is a track I know fairly well, and to my surprise I got the pole (Guus was 2 secs faster with the Cortina in 1st race...), but Rupe was only a couple of 100ths away and passed me at the start. Despite managing to be right in his rear, I didn't want to take risks with cold tires and brakes during first lap, so I tried just to keep as close as I could to attack from second lap on. I got lucky, because Rupe, going over Eau Rouge Rupe lifted the throttle on exit as self penalty for goind wide, and allowed me to grab his air tunnel and overtake at the end of the straight grabbing first position. But our lap times were very close and he kept making pressure lap after lap. At a point he always managed to regain his first position, because he grabbed my air tunnel in the straight and was almost door by door at the end of it, but he chose not to take the risk and back off (just so you know, Rupe, I was prepared to leave space inside...:thumbsup:). After some time, David managed to place himself behind making pressure, and allowed me to gain some distance and win the race. :D

Thxs Rupe and Steve for another great event, and all who joined. ;):thumbsup:

Yep i messed up going over Eau Rouge..:( so i lifted...:)
I got back
behind with a good run and was close to passing but not far enough to claim the corner ,,, so i tucked back in behind :) plenty of laps to have fun, but got caught by David and had to cover my lines and
then we had a moment and you got away, but great fun as always...:)

Two fine races put a smile on my face. Happy to be back racing again.

Both race highlights were extended fights throughout most of the races. First time around with Krzysztof, close racing until I made a few little mistakes and ran out of steam at the end.

Then an even closer bumper to bumper race with Rupe who hardly put a foot wrong and I spent most of the race sniffing his exhaust.
:)

hi guys, i had realy big problem with fps on SPA also offline so 2nd race i quit better. i tried everything whats possible video set to low , low res track, lowest ddetail bias, afinity for 2core, run with 256 colours and 800x600 res but nothing helped. it is cause probably by my crap graphic card. specialy in the corners and Eau Rouge fps dropped down and also i had lad with steering , you can see in replay i drove like after 15 beers drunk. in gtr2 i don´t have this problem.
so into the future better i will skip SPA races untill buy new comp.

Milos, Spa is one of the default tracks, and many times the frame rate is better on these than in the add-on tracks. GTR2 is also more demanding on your VGA card than GTL, which leads me to think that, if the problem does not show on GTR2, it must be related to the GTL installation. I'd suggest a fresh install too see how it goes.

if you do so, try first in Spa with the default profile, just to compare fps before and after new install - don't use for now your old backed up plr file, because there are settings there than can interfere with frame rate.

big apologies to @Yves Larose @Jack Smith @Denis Betty
@Guus Verver @Krzysztof Babij and @Steven Walker for causing the accident at turn three at top of long straight,bit of panic set in after i hit steven and rather than carry on and pull off racing line safely, i just pulled over to the right which of course was the racing line, and caused some carnage.bit of inexperience and also waiting for steven to rejoin the track i do hold my hands up, so once again sorry guys..:(..

hi guys, i had realy big problem with fps on SPA also offline so 2nd race i quit better. i tried everything whats possible video set to low , low res track, lowest ddetail bias, afinity for 2core, run with 256 colours and 800x600 res but nothing helped. it is cause probably by my crap graphic card. specialy in the corners and Eau Rouge fps dropped down and also i had lad with steering , you can see in replay i drove like after 15 beers drunk. in gtr2 i don´t have this problem.
so into the future better i will skip SPA races untill buy new comp.
Milos, Spa is one of the default tracks, and many times the frame rate is better on these than in the add-on tracks. GTR2 is also more demanding on your VGA card than GTL, which leads me to think that, if the problem does not show on GTR2, it must be related to the GTL installation. I'd suggest a fresh install too see how it goes.

if you do so, try first in Spa with the default profile, just to compare fps before and after new install - don't use for now your old backed up plr file, because there are settings there than can interfere with frame rate.

I have framespeed issues with this track as well whether it's on GTL, GTR2 or Race 07 my lackluster video card just won't handle Spa. I can run it fine on rFactor but there are a few versions of the track available by different authors and i chose the version that was less demanding on my video card.

@Milos Litavec

The options with greater impact in frame rate are shadows (you can disable completely in game options), anti aliasing (disable in GTL configuration) and resolution. Disabling the first two is the better option, because lowering resolution ...well I wouldn't do it.
You can also try, in GTL configuration, to set do DX7 or DX8 mode, in combination with disabled shadows and anti-aliasing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back