Taxes in your country

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I was having a nice chat with Xose about income taxes in our respective countries. How much taxes do you guys have to pay on income, consumer goods etc?

Especially interested in the rates of Greece and the USA for example :)

About 15% on goodies in Quebec...

For annual income we pay taxes on taxes since we like it deep in our arses... If I remember well, you pay the first tax, and then you pay the other one but NOT on the new amount after the first tax, you re-pay taxes on the raw amount, so it adds up like crazy !

There's 25% tax on most goods, bakery/milk products only have 18%, alcohol/tobacco, and now products containing caffeine/seasonings have additional taxes on them.
Tax on cars start from 250000 HUF (~833€ at the moment) on Euro 5 class small engine cars to ~9 million (~30000€) on Euro 1 or worse big engine cars.

employer contributions are 28,5% in total, employee contributions are 17,5%. Personal Income Tax is 20,32% (1,27*16%, super gross). There are tax paybacks (capped) and family bonuses so it depends on how many kids you have. So in worst case you pay 37,82%, or if you're an entrepreneur, you pay more as you pay the employer contributions too.

For a good reason I think. Lol, If you think they are screwing you, how about us, the rest of Europe giving billions of Euros to Greece that we will never see again? :)

But how high are the taxes now in Greece? Up to standard with the rest of Europe?

Income tax between33%% and 52%, depdends on your income, and most people fall in the 42% scale at the end. and it's separated in 'discs'. Like first 18k or so is 33%, to 26k is 31% or something like that etc.. VAt is 6% for consumer goods and 19% for luxury goods.

income tax:
1e schijf2e schijf3e schijf4e schijf
Lengte schijf€ 18.945€ 14.918€ 22.628restant
Grenzen schijf
€ 0 tot € 18.945€ 18.945 tot € 33.863€ 33.863 tot € 56.491 € 56.491 en hoger
Totale loonheffing33,10%41,95%42,00%52,00%

So if I'd earn 45,000
€18,945 would be 33.1%
€14.918 would be 41.95%
€11.137 would be 42%
Total: 45.000

Too much, I wouldnt mind but it goes to lazy, lifeless, and worthless people and also mistakes rich people have made.... that are still rich meaning it comes out my my pocket. But whats the point in sitting here and moaning when we put rich people in charge and the same old public school idiots that have no idea.

But we also have the idiots who take out loans, mortages etc and cant afford them meaning the people who could just afford a mortage for example now cant because they are paying off their debt...... and all this apparently in a democracy troll lol lol lol lol lol

Here in Turkey, ridicilously billions earnning celebreties give less tax (When we look at the percentage of the overall income) than we common people.

And footballers even pay literally less than us. That is why some foreign footballers prefer Turkey, not for it's stupid quality of our league :D

Where I live in the USA, I pay about 1/3 of my pay check in taxes, consumer goods are around 7-9% sales tax (depending where I buy them) and multiple "sin" and hidden taxes in things I buy beyond the sales tax, like cigarettes, booze and petrol. Working a crappy job and making a living around the poverty level here, I do get 1/3 the federal taxes I pay back at the end of the year.

The only tax I know of in detail is the one that has been dominating the media here in Australia - the Carbon Tax.

Now, I do not claim to know everything about the tax (what I know of it is gleaned from news reports and my Media studies at school) but I honestly don't understand the point of it at all. It mainly taxes large corporations depending on the kilograms of carbon emitted, but we the public will end up paying because in order to cover the costs, the corporations will end up charging more. We Aussies will end up paying far more than what the European Carbon Tax charges. And anyway, carbon is still being emitted everywhere else - Every kilogram of carbon not produced here to bypass the tax will just be emitted in another country.

I don't understand - especially after Miss Gillard introduced it after saying she wouldn't...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back