AC Tatuus FA01 @ Silverstone International - Tue 10Oct17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

RasmusP

Premium
fabarth_amateurs-png.203547

Join us for a fun evening of open wheeled club racing action and setup basics.

Wait? What is this?
This event is meant to be the step between the normal Club Races and the Social events.
That means an easy to drive car with clear racing affinity and a more and more open setup.
The goal of this event is to get used to play with the basics of the car setup without getting too technical about it.

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here
(Handy guide to install non AC content)

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU Tatuus FA01 #2 (active)
Cars: Tatuus FA01
Track: Silverstone International No Cut (3619m) (24) [Download]

Fixed Setup:
Modified competitive fixed setup ; camber, damper, springs open!
Driving Assists: ABS: no ; TC: yes
Jump Start: Drive Through

App: Helicorsa 0.6 Download

Tuesday, 10-Oct-17
Practice:
19:00 GMT (30 minutes)*
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes)
Race1: 19:50 GMT (20 minutes)
Race2: 20:10 GMT (20 minutes)

*Note that daylight savings are active. 19:00 GMT = 20:00 BST = 21:00 CEST.

Entry List Server 1
  1. RasmusP Ask me anything in Teamspeak
  2. @PsychOXRat
  3. @Neilski
  4. @Patrik Trefny
  5. @illia92
  6. @RainhamIron
  7. @SirVanhan
  8. @Kek700
  9. @JoelK
  10. @TastyChevelle
  11. @Wzrd
  12. @Oscar
  13. Free Slot
  14. Free Slot
  15. Free Slot
  16. Free Slot
  17. Free Slot
  18. Free Slot
  19. Free Slot
  20. Free Slot
  21. Free Slot
  22. Free Slot
  23. Free Slot

UTP #77 RP

Reserves please stay off the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know on Teamspeak when and if you can enter the server :)

Reserves:
  1. -

Attachments

• RasmusP_Softs_Qualy.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
IMPORTANT INFO:
Read about the used NoCut-Mod here: LINK

Time for something different:
We opened the setup step after step since the beginning of this series but over the last weeks we lost more and more drivers during the race to bad setups. Be it limited time, limited motivation or anything else. For other drivers it got boring because I didn't open up anything in the last weeks.

So from now on the server will provide a fixed setup that is fast and competitive but always more on the safe side than for the pole position!
At the same time the suspension is now open to play with. The default is pretty good but for absolute fine tuning you will need to adjust a few things.

As always I will upload my personal race setup before the event starts so you all can just put that in and be safe and fast.

For personal preference of oversteer or understeer:
- more understeering: stiffer front, softer rear
- more oversteering: softer front, stiffer rear
Beware: the softer the car, the more traction you will have but the more you lose reaction time from the car!

Signing myself up :)

Weather: Back in the actually NOT so cold British Autumn!
- 16°C Air
- 20°C Track
No Wind from now on! We'll keep focusing on racing!

Next week's track:
Nurburgring GP-GT

helpful tips
Fixed Setup:
Modified competitive fixed setup ; camber, damper, springs open!
Driving Assists: ABS: no ; TC: yes
Jump Start: Drive Through
Apps:
- enable the default "Trackmap" app!
- Helicorsa 0.6 Download
- ACRL Fuel 1.2 Download
Assetto Corsa Car Setup Directory

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.

Golden Rule

1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Last edited:
sign me up pls.
regarding the setup question from yesterday - actually I really appreciate that you do and post them. they usually fully fits to my driving style and ability. I will rather spend my time with practicing driving than experimenting with settings that I don't fully understand anyway ;) It would be nice if you also capture and post a lap or two with essentials and pedal apps visible. :) it could help drivers like me to learn a lot.

me too pls :) (even though I have no idea how to adjust dampers and springs :p)

sign me up pls.
regarding the setup question from yesterday - actually I really appreciate that you do and post them. they usually fully fits to my driving style and ability. I will rather spend my time with practicing driving than experimenting with settings that I don't fully understand anyway ;) It would be nice if you also capture and post a lap or two with essentials and pedal apps visible. :) it could help drivers like me to learn a lot.

Adding you to the list! :)

btw server with the new setup is already online!

Lets start a discussion about the suspension settings!
What I already found out is that you should go as low as possible! You will bottom out in a few turns, then raise it again a few mm.
I'm running 11-8 at the moment.

But before you change it have a look at the default camber and toe settings!
They change drastically when you lower the height of the chassis! :confused:

I think low as possible, a bit stiffer on the springs and a bit softer for the damper should work fine. Really flat track but a few bumpy parts.

But for now the default suspension is fine! Just lower the car and adjust camber and toe so that they match the default value again on the car-status :)

Video will be done today or tomorrow!

Last edited:
Another setup challenge for us eh ;)
I had a quick go on softs but struggled to keep them at a stable temp / pressure. Even for a low fuel 3 lap sprint, mediums seemed easier to predict and handle.

There's clearly loads to learn about the effects of different suspension settings and how the various parameters interact and affect each other, but hey that's the idea isn't it? :geek::)

:rolleyes:It' s those "replays" again. You just cannot trust them.
Your replay shows a much quicker time.
I just measured it manually with smartphone timer and it fits quite well.
The lap on the video is 4 tenth faster but that was on softs with 3L fuel and a bit of luck :)
But 0.4s is nothing due to the difficult corners around this layout. Most of my laps where around your lap times!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 174 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 234 13.6%