AC Tatuus FA01 @ Imola - Tuesday 22nd August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Upgraded from a G4400 (3.3GHz "Pentium") to i7-7700K. Bit of a leap ;)
Sadly it's not really behaving itself so far...

(PS: the clock on this web server is definitely 10-ish minutes slow.)

Sorry guys,
I'm flying over to Greece tomorrow and had a sh*tload to do before! :barefoot:
Thread for next week, Mass PM etc. is coming tomorrow in the morning! :inlove:

That was a FANTASTIC race, very clean from what I've seen and heard! :) :thumbsup:
Hey, have a great trip :thumbsup:
And well done again for staying on the racetrack on those dodgy mediums and having a good race to boot! You did warn us about them fading before the race but I went ahead and tried a similar setup anyway. I however had a complete :poop::poop: of a race :roflmao:
All the best and catch you soon...

Loved the race guys especially the battle i had with Scott ,cracking racing kept me on my toes but cooked the tires dont think i had correct pressure for mediums so with the adrenaline racing with scott which like i say was awesome stuff right there. Cant complain for 3rd place considering the few spins i had we all learn so nice one!

Yeah don´t race with soft tires, i think thats why i spun in the second corner and after 11 min rear left was completely gone. Didn´t know the AC tire app is that inaccurate ...

Yeah don´t race with soft tires, i think thats why i spun in the second corner and after 11 min rear left was completely gone. Didn´t know the AC tire app is that inaccurate ...
The AC app is just a few colours. The vertical bar is only how much rubber you have left but not the "wear".
I dodged "sidekick" for a looong time but I finally got used to it and it's AWESOME!

Soft tires on the Tatuus are what can be called "qualifying tires". They last 5-6 laps at best. I tried a stint of mediums during practice and they lasted 10 laps or so, which made me go for hard tires in the race. Since everyone said on ts to go with hard tires, i haven't said anything. I wasn't expecting people to go with mediums at that point.

Well done guys, I watched the race as a spectator since my internet dropped twice in quali and I didn't want to ruin anyones race, some awesome close battles and track limits seem to have been obeyed :)

Soft tires on the Tatuus are what can be called "qualifying tires". They last 5-6 laps at best. I tried a stint of mediums during practice and they lasted 10 laps or so, which made me go for hard tires in the race. Since everyone said on ts to go with hard tires, i haven't said anything. I wasn't expecting people to go with mediums at that point.
Aside from the session we had a few days ago, I hadn't been able to practice so race setup was pretty much guesswork for me. Finally managed to do a decent qualy lap and gave the mediums a go for the race, then wished I hadn't ;)
I think in these situations, the idea of using pre race practice to test race setup and tyre durability is a sensible one. Another lesson to tick off at least...:whistling:

Btw, what ended up being the consensus setup for this track? I didn't get much practice in myself. And what sort of times were achieved?

Btw, what ended up being the consensus setup for this track? I didn't get much practice in myself. And what sort of times were achieved?
Aero: 5 or 6 at the rear. Front between 1-2+ to rear. I went with 8/6
ARBs: veeeery soft front for mechanical grip! I ran 15/0 for the race, 12/1 for Qualifying

@BhZ went crazy and put in a high 1:44.xxx. The rest was around high 1:45.xxx
I qualified in the midfield with a very low 1:46.xxx :)

I run 7-5 as wings and 12-0 as arbs. The best time was 1.44.7 i believe. I think there were 4 tenths to be found with a perfect lap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back