1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Targa Florio Hotlap Competition - Wk 45 - 46

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Marco Bijl, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

[​IMG]

Event Details Open server
    Server:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Open
    Car: F-ISI, Marussia, F2
    Track: Targa Florio (download here)
    Mod: Click here
    Weather: Dry
    Road condition: Naturally progressing
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Event Details TinTops Server
    Server:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Tintop
    Car: Megan, 370z, Camaro, Corvette, GTR
    Track: Targa Florio (download here)
    Mod: Click here
    Weather: Dry
    Road condition: Naturally progressing
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Both servers will be running for a 2 week period. All done laps will be recorded for the hotlap challenge.
    Have a great week and see you on track!

• Like Like x 1
  2. The session is set up for 30 min. on each server. We need at least an hour.
    Thanks!

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Will check it. Probably selected the wrong profile after we have shut all down for the VWEC race last weekend.

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

So glad I spotted this!

Question (tongue in cheek). How many cars does it take to rubber in the Targa Florio?

Answer: It depends on whether the horse drawn carts (used by the natives for farming purposes) are using pump up tyres or solid wooden wheels

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

The D/L link for the track isnt working. Any other we can use?

6. I'm not going to be doing that again in a hurry..almost 40 minutes for a lap, and not enough fuel in the Megane to do 2 'flying' laps.

7. the track doesn't work even in solo mode with the 342 build !
    when you start the race (with any car) the fps are ok but soon they get down to 5 !
    I am so disappointed !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. And where do we see the results? I get nothing from RaceLog.

9. I tried solo, downloaded both of the rfmod and still the same!
    don't know what is the password required on line !
    I would be pleased to test it !

10. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

But Nick how many tracks will let you find 2-3 minutes in improvement?:)

11. You need to be a licensed driver.

12. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I just checked, and both servers are in testday mode, running a 30 hour test session.
    Now I have heard others with this issue. This is probably related to the build. I will do some inquiry on it.

I have not seen this in both offline and online. Is there a specific place where it happens, or is it after a certain amount of time?

I assume you where on the TinTops. The listener plugin wasn't running properly.
    I just reset it. The hotlap thing from the website seems to time out. I will reboot the racelog server, but I think I need to urgently replace the hardware for that.
    Times are uploaded, so should be in the database now.

Indeed, you need to apply for a license. You can do that here.

13. @David Kolody thanks for answering !
    you know I had some good times on that track before came built 342 !
    now as you start the race the fps = 80, 15 seconds after, only 5 !
    I'm not the only one I think...

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

IF I find some time tonight, I will do some testing on that Falconitage. Can't make promisses as I have other obligations as well tonight.

15. If in setup you experience slow down(slow mouse response and choppy audio), change replay to real time.

16. Not many, so, yeah I'll give you that, and I may have another go yet, just said I wasn't going to do it again in a hurry ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. you gave me a nice idea ! I tried to change things in the race setup. and everything came to normal when I set AI to 12 instead of 21 ! thanks very much !

18. Hi guysa, im new here and would like to get some racing in. Have downloaded all the pre requisite stuff but need a password for the server...?

19. You can apply for a licensed membership here
    Once your application is processed you will be able to access the server passwords.

20. Thanks Lars, all licenced up.
    I have te same problem as Falconitage - fps drops after lihjts go out to where itys not playable. Other tracks im averaging 60fps+ round the track