1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Targa Florio for rFactor - New Previews

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Ryan Callan, Jan 5, 2010.

1. 6e66o has released a video slideshow, showing us new previews of the Targa Florio rFactor conversion project. In 1080p too!

kuato, Bud Lucas, Deadeyeski, [dd] Baule, TICTOC, 6e66o, Philrob, Motorfx & seventies are porting the GPL version over to rFactor along with many improvements, include new textures, shaders and AIW.

Original preview video for GPL by slowmoe:

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Not sure with what mod we need to concur this track, but i am sure it will be one of my favorites :) Love long tracks like this.

3. CSGT '70

Or HistoriX (despite it being technically illegal) for single player

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Historix is illegal now? Since when?

5. Uses 3D models from GTL :(

GTL --> rFactor not allowed as I understand it?

6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

The installation of Historix requires a valid GTL disc at installation, and as I understand it from various sources, that was the agreement with SimBin that the mod makers have in place.

7. Absolutely, but I understood that disk checks weren't considered acceptable by the developers? As disk images are easy to come by.

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I'm going by the multiple news stories on Virtualr regarding Historix 2 where they specifically reference the SimBin models as continuing to be used, and utilising the diskcheck.

9. Fair enoughski - I must have misunderstood.

However Virtualr have also ran a news story lately on the F1 1999 mod which is being ripped out of F1C, so they are not reliable barometers of legality.

10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Quoted from Virtualr.
    If something's changed since then, fair enough.

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Ah, synchro-postage.

I knew it was one of the team themselves who was going on about it in a comment, rather than a news story.

12. I don't dispute that they will have a disk check of course BUT all I'm debating is whether ISI/SimBin have announced this an acceptable method of making a conversion mod legal?

Where's that official community letter when you need it?

13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I think its allowed as long the DVD check is there. If that is not acceptable the modgroup can easily contact SimBin i presume.

14. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

As I understood it, contact had already been made, and the check agreed, for v1 anyway.

We're not running Historix at the moment anyway, so the point is moot for RD. It just more my surprise at the statement, tbh.

15. When this track comes out I will do though, now it has been clarified as legal.

As the track will be out for rFactor first, it is a way for GTLers to still enjoy the track. :)

16. It will also appear in GTL and GTR2, so you can use GTL or Power & Glory.

Simbin's stance on conversions to rFactor is that they don't really like them but will not take action if a CD check is included.

17. Sorry. DP :)