1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

tapatalk?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by remydeleeuw, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hey guys. Is there a problem with tapatalk.
    I try to use it but it says tapatalk plugin not installed.

2. I've had this problem since last night. I believe the RD team are aware of the problem and are working to correct it as quickly as possible :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Me too i wasn't getting any notifications at all.
    I hope RD guys fix it :)

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Uninstalled for technical reasons for now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

It was part of the problem that caused our downtimes this days.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Noooooooooo how shall I now feed my addiction on the go? :(
    On a more serious note, are you looking into getting it back online, another solution or just not gonna bother with it (I know it has caused issues before)?

7. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

RD is working fine on my Android tablet but my iPhone screen (4S, not 5) is a bit small - so if you're using a tablet, give it a go. :)

8. Use the browser on your phone buddy, that way you get to see all of RD's news and other content :)

Rather than just the forum on Tapatalk :)

9. But I want just the forum on my phone, as well as notifications when threads I follow have new posts, and in a readable format on my iPhone 4. Forums on that screen is completely unreadable unless I'm sitting down holding my phone completely still 20cm from my nose, at which point I could just use a computer instead :p
    But that's beside the point, I'm just asking if it's coming back or not. :)

10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I was using Tapatalk on my phone a lot Kjell, so I understand what you mean.

We will try to make it come back, but it causes issues and apparently has to do specifically with us (mods we use?, our server config?) so I can't really tell...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks for the update Xose, I understand that the plugin can (and have) cause issues and I see it as a bonus rather than something the site MUST have. Keep up the great work, I recently became a premium member because I wanna show my support to the awesome work all of you staff are doing here! :)

12. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

It would work fine on my tablet if I could copy/past on it.

13. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Thanks mate.

I actually used it a lot, I don't have a tablet and on my smartfone its a bit painful to browse now, but better than not browsing at all :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. I miss my tapatalk, so much.... :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Can't believe I bought it about an hour before it stopped working :cry::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ouch ><

17. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Tell me about it, I bought it on Android and iOS. But the issues with Tapatalk were pretty bad so it's been turned off for good reasons, believe me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. So, any chance tapatalk will make a reappearance anytime soon? I've got a Samsung galaxy s3 now so browsing the forum with my phone is doable but tapatalk is so much better and I miss it deeply :(

19. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I think Bram mentioned that the forum will be getting upgraded with regards to phone use at some point, so maybe we won't need tapatalk. No idea what that entails though :p

20. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Jep next version of the forums will be fully responsive and compatible with phones, tables and other mobile devices.

Not sure if we roll it out to all or that we keep this a premium member feature as its pretty neat.