1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapatalk App Fail

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Sam White, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

Love this forum however was a bit peeved when I logged in via mobile, received a notification saying this forum is supported by an app called Tapatalk, then paid $2.99 for the app which now tells me that RD Forum doesn't support it.

Did I just get scammed or are you guys going to integrate Tapatalk?

2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Should be integrated alright. I don't use Tapatalk myself so lets hope someone else who does can confirm this.

Still don't understand why those tapa guys dare to ask 2.99 for such a simple app :)
  3. Thanks Bram. Yeah I can always chase a refund though it does seem a more elegant
    way to use the forum on iPhone so will wait a few days for a response.
  4. hi try just now and the forum works,when i search for rd on tapalk i see 2 racedepartment link the first one as the old logo so i guess it's the old forum and it doesnt work.

the second link works and i can browse the forum well.
  5. Thanks Stefano. Will try that.
  6. Stefano, what is the exact name of the 2nd forum you refer to in Tapatalk?
    My search for 'race' only brings up the 1 rd forum which has the old logo and doesn't work.
  7. i type : racedepartment

i confirm that if you write just race you see the old forum as first option
  8. Great. Works well. Thanks Stefan.
  9. Bram, I would suggest contacting the Tapatalk guys and asking them to delist the old forum as I doubt I'm the only one who had that problem. It's a neat little app.
  10. Glad to help Sam
  11. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We will remove the old one ASAP :)
  12. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Old one is deleted.
  13. I got the msg yesterday about tapa and they are looking for £4 for blackberry version decided not to get this app.
  14. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Everything looks simple when you don't have to program it :)
  15. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Actually I don't think 2.99 is too bad, considering how much easier and quicker it is to browse forums using it. Certainly much more suited than safari on the iPhone.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Is there any way to stop that notification come up telling me about the app every time I am on the site or click on a link?
  17. App for what? When i use my htc to use the site, its as good as my laptop. granted a little smaller!
  18. You have to remember Tapatalk is not just an app for RD. It also supports other forums compatible with their software. I downloaded the iPhone app (£1.99 GBP) as it makes browsing and reading the RD forums worth it, especially for the amount of time I visit here, lol.

You can always choose to decline and continue browsing RD without using Tapatalk.

19. Any info on this? I no longer check RD forums while mobile, it's very annoying.
  20. I am quite happy to browse using my Samsung Galaxy SGII but every now and then the reminder comes up about the app even though I decline it.. sometimes it comes up every time I go to a new page.. very annoying :confused: