Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We take to the as yet unreleased RaceRoom Racing Experience version of Road America for a quick look at this beautiful American racing location.

Confirmed yesterday
as the latest circuit due to hit RaceRoom Racing Experience in the very near future, Road America is one of the most requested and anticipated tracks from the American racing scene yet to be digitally represented in the excellent Sector3 Studios developed sim.

Ahead of the public release scheduled for the very near future, we take the opportunity to head out on circuit and put down a few laps around one of the most visually impressive tracks to be added to this increasingly impressive racing simulation..

RaceRoom Road America Talk and Drive 2.jpg RaceRoom Road America Talk and Drive 3.jpg RaceRoom Road America Talk and Drive 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to trying out Road America when it releases next patch? Like the look and flow of the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Great chat Paul.

I sure do....Great Video Mr Jeffrey.

Thanks Paul great Talk& Drive, the track does look stunning in all aspects.

Thanks chaps :) Mucho appreciated :)

Great idea (brings a web review to life); quality, hope you review future important releases like this

Absolutely man! Expect lots, and lots and lots of interesting (hopefully) and exciting (also hopefully) stuff coming in 2018. Got loads of plans, and loads of prep is already underway for them. Likely to be seeing more of my ugly mug on't small telly in the very near future :D

Really nice track, but the carousal looks too evenly banked? One of the “personality” points of that track is the loss of camber mid way though, just before exit.
Strange, my comment was based on Empty Box video, but here in Paul’s video you can very clearly see where the carousal camber changes, this track looks damn near perfect.

Raceroom has been peaking my curiosity for months now. So much so I buy some stuff on sale though not quite fired it up yet (played it years ago). Not sure how well it works in VR. But I like what I’m seeing a whole lot.

Strange, my comment was based on Empty Box video, but here in Paul’s video you can very clearly see where the carousal camber changes, this track looks damn near perfect.

Raceroom has been peaking my curiosity for months now. So much so I buy some stuff on sale though not quite fired it up yet (played it years ago). Not sure how well it works in VR. But I like what I’m seeing a whole lot.
It is brilliant in VR, i had a few months of the screen greying out periodically but i managed to get rid of that somehow and it is just brilliant. Not as wow as PC2 and AC, but personally i dont care much once the driving gets underway.

As Paul mentions in the video, the thing I loved about the detail on this track was the weathering.

Sector 3 have taken a lot of time to put in all the repaired patches, worn kerbs, patchy grass and so on. It's little details like these that really make a track complete.

They must of taken 1,000's of reference photos to make this track, great job guys.

It will certainly be an instant buy for me when it becomes available :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%