1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a look at Spa-Francorchamps 1967 in rFactor 2

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Xosé Estrada, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Very good read, enjoyed that, thanks! It's a great recreation IMO. Only thing for me that doesn't work is the inclusion of a modern F2 cars around the old SPA. Dunno it just doesn't work for me. I'm getting old maybe but i have never raced anything other than the classic Formula cars there in rF2. The track is amazing with the BT20
  3. I agree Lee. Love the track, but I can't drive anything but the classics on it either.
  4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I've just seen the documentary, really worth watching.

The lap with a new F2 is a good example of how it's the combination of car / track what provides good racing and just not one of them :)
  5. Matt Horst

Matt Horst
    Premium Member

I enjoyed the documentary very much.I never realized just how many drivers were being killed back then,they were true racing heroes with bravery most of us can't comprehend.
  6. This track is a sim racing classic IMO. Not meant for anything other than the '60s formula cars though.
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQgXhwEYS6M
  8. @Lee Ross, that's what I wanted to show with the article and the video and @Xosé Estrada explained it perfectly. I mention the Masta Kink on it, yet on the video I'd bet that someone that doesn't know the track would be unable to tell where it is.

A good classic track is not the same without classic cars :)

Glad you've enjoyed the article!
  9. I appreciate the effort, but I think you could have showed the track a lot better if you had at least given the F2 a low-downforce/high-gear setup so it wouldn't just be 3 minutes of listening to the limiter...
  10. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

What a gutwrenching documentary :(
    Very well worth seeing! I'm glad we've come this far in terms of safety nowadays.
    • Like Like x 1