• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tail Of The Dragon

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bobby Pennington, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Assetto Corsa Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +835
    I don't know if any guys have done or would care to do a point to point track of The Tail Of The Dragon in Deals Gap, Tennessee.
    Tail Of The Dragon Deals Gap Tennessee.jpg
    I would love to tell you it's a blast to drive and ride, but it is so heavily policed you never get to enjoy what "Could Be". Drifters would love it. I can't drift so there you go.............
    Anyway, just an idea.
    Meanwhile on the Isle of Man..........NO HOLDS BARRED

• Like Like x 2
  2. bk81

bk81

Ratings:
    +8
    I have good news. RD member cYcLoNe has created the nearby Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb road.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dragons-tail-hillclimb.14457/

It's not the actual Deals Gap "Tail of the Dragon" road, but truthfully myself and many others have similar feelings- the roads leading to and away from the official 'Tail' are a bit more open and flowing, whereas the Tail is hairpin-heavy, mostly 2nd and even 1st gear IRL.

cYcLoNE's version is still a bit basic at 0.4, but it's still great fun to run up the hill, and certainly can be used to practice for the real event in October, put on by SVRA. See you guys there!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington

Ratings:
    +835
    Thanks bk81 for the comment. Good deal.

4. arthur666

arthur666

Ratings:
    +110
    Deal's Gap, yeah I agree with @bk81 . I'll get hated for this, but pretty overrated. A novelty by having so many turns, but I've ridden it on my old Ninja 250 and think that there are many nearby, less famous roads that are much more fun and flowy.
    It also doesn't help that there's always a Mall-Santa on a Goldwing in front of you, and a 'roid-raging Jersey Shore cast member on a liter-bike, 6 inches from your rear tire. :p

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington

Ratings:
    +835
    You just made my day my friend. Great sense of humor. Love it brother

• Like Like x 1