Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

I choose to mount big LFE under my seat this way..no drilling to your seat !
IMG_5773.JPG

I choose drilling and connected everything but it's not working. Hope somebody can help me. For me it looks like iNUKE gets signal (level bars in app are moving - not around hardware knobs) but don't send it to buttkicker, don't know why. Maybe something is configured wrong or something is with my buttkicker / cable?

I tried both inputs/outputs on my receiver (HK3940) and iNuke.

My setup:
1x Inuke 3000 DSP
1x Buttkicker LFE
1x RCA (M) -> XLR (M) 3m cable (for connection from HK3490 receiver to the iNuke)
1x Speakon (M) -> cutted 5m cable (2x2,50mm) (for connection between iNuke and Buttkicker LFE)

EDIT: I have contacted with Buttkicker technical support. They suggested me to buy pre-amp like Art Cleanbox Pro signal converter and connect it between my receiver and iNUKE to make signal stronger.

Attachments

• butt.JPG
    butt.JPG
    630 KB · Views: 301
  • inuke.JPG
    inuke.JPG
    507.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4901.JPG
    IMG_4901.JPG
    673.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4904.JPG
    IMG_4904.JPG
    596.7 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4905.JPG
    IMG_4905.JPG
    642.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_4906.JPG
    IMG_4906.JPG
    688 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_4907.JPG
    IMG_4907.JPG
    708.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Oh, sorry, I forget about consoles when talking about sim racing! My apologies. In that case, there will be a very big difference in how they are connected and I am not familiar with that. I think they act just like a speaker if there is no software in between to filter the signal. If your amp has a low pass filter that could help but not with the problem you have, which is getting it working at all.

Connected Cleanbox. After switching it "on" buttkicker kicks (sometimes) for a second and immidately turns off. Happened few times. No visible levels on iNuke software or around it's knobs.

Connected Cleanbox. After switching it "on" buttkicker kicks (sometimes) for a second and immidately turns off. Happened few times. No visible levels on iNuke software or around it's knobs.

Hi apologies,
Sorry if you stated earlier and I forgot....
Confirm for me how your using RCA - Amp for PS4.

Oh finally transducers king is back! Tought you added me to your ignore list or something like that. You are my only hope man:).

I have tried two configurations:
HK3490 sub out -> x1 (mono) cable RCA (M) -> XLR (M) into iNuke -> Speakon (M) -> cutted wires into Buttkicker.

With this configuration Buttkicker was dead, I saw input/output levels moving (low) in iNuke software (but not around knobs of iNuke). I have contacted with Buttkicker company and they suggested me to add Art Cleanbox Pro between HK and iNuke so I did that.

HK3490 sub out -> x1 (mono) cable RCA (M) into Cleanbox into XLR (F)->XLR(M) into iNUKE -> Speaon (M) -> cutted wires into Buttkicker.

With this configuration buttkicker reacts but just for a second when I turn on Cleanbox, then it goes dead. Nothing is moving in iNuke software (input/output levels) and also - lights around iNuke knobs stays dead.

Sorry for my english, I’m not native speaker.

Last edited:
Ok lets get to bottom of this friend.
You should not of needed that additional purchase...

Have you checked and tried the amp with a different stereo source to confirm it is not the amp at fault?
Unlikely but check your wiring for the SpeakON connectors
Look into your AV Reciever menus check your settings for LFE crossover
Also check if it has a gain setting for the .1 output level
Try using REC OUT and supplying Stereo from AV reciever into iNuke A/B channels
Switch PS4 between Dolby/DTS (Try audio over optical to confirm not some weird HDMI issue)
If still nothing try PS4 in stereo out only and set amp to PLIIx or higher to upconvert 2.0 - 7.1

Come back if all these fail.
Amp should be fine with volume set to 12PM - 2PM position.

I didn’t turned on even PS4 because it’s just another module here. My amp is connected to tv so I should get signal from there also for transducer like it is with my audio right now. My amp doesn’t have any crossover settings afaik.

I was thinking about checking out iNuke with a speakers but I’m afraid of burning them by doing so.

Please connect PS4 direct to amp and then use AMP TV out for image/sound to TV
Lets remove all potential extras for test.

Your TV may be affecting low frequencies or part of the issue if looping it from TV-Amp
Or some using headphone out or something silly.

Have you not got other sources connected to the AV amp to test those?
Laptop/PC Table/Phone/Satellite etc

Last edited:
Some good news - after your suggstion I tried it and here are the results.

Amp receiver connected to PS4 via optival cable (I don’t have hdmi in my amp). Everything in inuke software maxed out, physical knobs moved to max also and it started to work.

So looks like hardware is not broken and there is some problem with low signal volume.

On PS4 i set linear PCM. Other modes just generated „pop” and no audio.

I would try multiple sources to help determine if it is a fault with your iNuke

I dont know what you mean MAXED out in iNuke software?
You just need default INIT DATA settings for now and set amp to 4ohm

You could ensure Crossover, PEQ and DEQ are turned off or bypassed.

Im talking about both filters (PEQ/DEQ) set to max levels and both hardware knobs on iNuke (physical ones - input and output) set to max. Just then I can set my receiver knob to average level to have both - audio and buttkicker working.

And btw this iNuke cosume a lot of power. I needed to disconnect my printer, Mac, router, Wiiu, Apple Tv and vacuum robot to just turn it on with my tv, ps4 and receiver.

Connecting via Cleanbox is not working.

EDIT: Maybe instead of using sub-out I should use pre-amp output with iNuke? From the manual:

"Step Seven – Connect Optional External Equipment
If you wish to use the HK 3490 with an external power amplifier, remove the jumpers connecting the Preamp Outputs and Main-Amp Inputs. Store the jumpers in a safe place in case they are needed in the future. Connect the left and right Preamp Outputs of the HK 3490 to the analog audio inputs on the external power amplifier.

If you wish to install an external processor, such as an equalizer, connect it to the Preamp Outputs and Main-Amp Inputs. Remove the jumpers and store them in a safe place. Connect the HK 3490’s Preamp Outputs to the processor’s analog audio inputs, and then connect the processor’s analog audio outputs to the Main-Amp Inputs on the HK 3490."

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Harman Kardon HK3490 Stereo Receiver Manual.pdf

EDIT: Today I will try connect inuke to PC via new cables to check out if that's not something with my HK amp.

Last edited:
Hi all, After researching I ended up going with a 2 x transducer setup to start, I'm hoping to run the SimVibe software in EM mode.
  • Buttkicker LFE (seat)
  • Clark 239TST (pedals)
  • iNuke1000 DSP
  • Asus Xonar DFG
I'm probably going mount everything tomorrow on my rig. Any setup tips or pointers are greatly appreciated. I mainly Play Assetto, IRacing, and RaceRoom.

Tests done. Everything is working fine when source of signal is PC connected directly with iNuke. So it’s probably something with my HK3490. Any suggestions?

SimShakerWheels is definitely a decent starting point. I got my tactile about 6 weeks ago and still running SSW and happy with the results so far. I'm still tweaking settings though because I changed the way I mounted my ADX transducers and not had much chance to fully compare settings.

Tests done. Everything is working fine when source of signal is PC connected directly with iNuke. So it’s probably something with my HK3490. Any suggestions?

See, progress... :)

You do not need the amp anywhere close to max volume or at this stage attempt to put DSP features to their limits. I think most people for PS4 etc use an optical - analog dts/ac3 decoder to route audio as its rather simple this way and with no HDMI issues.

Example

I believe from memory you can set PS4 to output audio to both Optical & HDMI.
You may find it best to actually use STEREO outputs (not the .1) but feel free to try both.

What you want to do will determine what cables you need from such a decoder box to your iNuke amp.
You could for example use :

PS4 Optical out - decoder - iNuke - Buttkicker
PS4 HDMI out - AV Reciever - Speakers - TV

With the iNuke and if using full channel stereo audio you can use its features and crossover to limit then not only what but how it handles frequencies for your Buttkicker.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%