Tachometer

I got my beautiful new tachometer from SR Hardware :cool:

srhtach.jpg

It's a surprisingly big unit that looks fantastic. You can choose 7 different backlit colours for the display by pressing the light button. The unit comes pre-calibrated, although mine was about 100 RPM out. But it only took a couple of minutes to re-calibrate using the provided software. I spoke to Brian and it is likely there will be a slight variation in the calibration depending on the PC and power outlet...but, anyway, it gave me chance to play around with the software :thumbsup:

The software is also required to set up the tach for use with some sims (iRacing is one of the exceptions, which work straight out of the box). With GSC and rF2 that was as simple as selecting the install folder from within the software. Then all that remains to do is to set the desired RPM for the shift indicator light according to the car you are in. That is done by pressing the mode button on the front of the display and then using the Up/ Down buttons...nice n easy!

I'm hoping that having the big shift light flashing in my face will also keep me awake and focused during the 2.4hr Mini race at the Green Hell :sleep:

Tomorrow I should be getting the bits I need to mount the tach to my rig, and then I'll post some more pics...

Say Anthony in your post you said something about provided software, did yours come with a disc or something. I just received my Tach also and their was no software and I can't get it to connect to any sim including iracing. Is their maybe something special you did other than plug and play.
Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
Hi Michael

You should have received an email when the unit was shipped with an instruction manual and an xml file with the calibration for your unit.

The Simdash software that you will need can be downloaded here.

I can upload the instruction file if you didn't receive it by email :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years