Hello racers, i'm supplying for help, i'm very frustrated since this happens..
Very short post, when I leave my T500RS in the middle when driving at +3km/h it starts to vibrate / shake in the middle (from -5º to +5º) and is very annoying. It started since 1.15.XX, it did feel reallistic in 1.15 or older, only in this hotfix. Does someone know how to fix this sh*t? xD

[Wheel divers and firmware updated, nvidia driversupdated, Windows 10 1703 updated, all my PC is updated]

Cheers!

Hello racers, i'm supplying for help, i'm very frustrated since this happens..
Very short post, when I leave my T500RS in the middle when driving at +3km/h it starts to vibrate / shake in the middle (from -5º to +5º) and is very annoying. It started since 1.15.XX, it did feel reallistic in 1.15 or older, only in this hotfix. Does someone know how to fix this sh*t? xD

[Wheel divers and firmware updated, nvidia driversupdated, Windows 10 1703 updated, all my PC is updated]

Cheers!
You could check if the new center boost gain option is enabled.
It's intended for Logitech wheels which are known for their FFB deadzone.

Edit:
NVM, this option is part of Content Manager.

Last edited:
Have you by chance enable a <0 gamma setting in the FFB post processing? Or enabled a LUT by accident?
After a fresh reinstall of the game, I have this enabled (in ff_post_process):
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5

[LUT]
CURVE=crazy1.lut

I leave a pic of the crazy1.lut btw so you can see what's wrong xD
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• bdf.PNG
    bdf.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 444
Well, that file is set to DISABLE, so the setting within it are irrelevant.

Is that the file in your C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg ?
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg ?

I think the game only reads from the Documents version of ff_post_process.ini

What are your Thrustmaster control panel settings?
What are your in-game FFB settings?

Well, that file is set to DISABLE, so the setting within it are irrelevant.

Is that the file in your C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg ?
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg ?

I think the game only reads from the Documents version of ff_post_process.ini

What are your Thrustmaster control panel settings?
What are your in-game FFB settings?
The file is in game directory and in documents too, with the same settings.

In Thrustmaster control panel:
900º
100 (Global)

And in AC:
900º And soft-lock enabled
70 (Global)
0 (Filters)
8 (Minimum Force)
60 (Kerb)
55 (Road Feel)
10 (Slip)
15 (ABS)

I had this settings since I bought the T500RS and I had any problem, it started in new update.

I just looked in Content Manager and saw a new section I had not noticed before - Centre Boost Gain, and Centre Boost Range. Is this the same as 'Minimum Force' in the AC official launcher? Try setting that to 0% and test again, as your issue does sound like excessive force around the centre of the movement.

I just looked in Content Manager and saw a new section I had not noticed before - Centre Boost Gain, and Centre Boost Range. Is this the same as 'Minimum Force' in the AC official launcher? Try setting that to 0% and test again, as your issue does sound like excessive force around the centre of the movement.

My first thought was too high minimum force setting, that can cause oscillations.

It worked setting Minimum Force to 0%! I will try at 1% and 2% to see at wich % starts happening the same. Thank you so much, really appreciate it!

As a T500 users on AC as well, a couple things i've recently discovered.

1) A fresh install provides a Gamma setting = 0.5 as you pointed out. This used to be 1.0. Not sure why they changed it, but I don't like it. 1.0 is a much better feeling for me on this wheel and not nearly as harsh with the effects.

2) If you've updated to the latest T500 drivers, you will notice a strong increase in power but loss of fidelity. I'm not sure what they've done but I reverted back to older drivers. The force was way up. Cars that used to run at 100FFB were being turned down to ~60. Feel was completely lost. If you've updated drivers you may want to consider moving back.

As a T500 users on AC as well, a couple things i've recently discovered.

1) A fresh install provides a Gamma setting = 0.5 as you pointed out. This used to be 1.0. Not sure why they changed it, but I don't like it. 1.0 is a much better feeling for me on this wheel and not nearly as harsh with the effects.

Hmmm, it's been 0.5 as long as I can remember. And it's disabled by default even on a fresh install.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back