1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

T500RS Conical Brake Mod included?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by W.Fox, Feb 21, 2017.

1. W.Fox

W.Fox
    Verstappen 2.0 Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    Hey guys,
    I´ve just bought a new T500rs and was wondering if the Conical brake mod should be included for the T3PA-Pro? I could only find the " Realistic brake mod" ( that cheap spring ) but I heard that the Conical feels pretty nice. Can anyone tell me if it should be included? If yes, im gonna contact thrustmaster and ask them for a replacement.

2. RacingManiacGT1

RacingManiacGT1

Ratings:
    +24
    I think T500RS originally do not have conical mod. I don't know if the kit gets updated to the same spec as the T3PA-Pro though.

3. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +425
    AFAIK the conical mod is only included for the T3PA and T3PA Pro pedals, but not the T500 (that's an older product). You can still get something similar from a 3rd party:
    http://www.thebrakemod.com/

4. W.Fox

W.Fox
    Verstappen 2.0 Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    Thanks for your answers. That makes me kind of sad, I really thought the pedals which come with the T500 are the same as the T3PA-PRO. I opted for the T500 because of the pedals and now I´m kind of disappointed, although its my own fault lol.
    The overall quality is worse than i thought.

5. RacingManiacGT1

RacingManiacGT1

Ratings:
    +24
    I don't think aside from that thing the pedals are any different.

6. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +39
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Track Limits Marshall. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,781
  8. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +39
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Track Limits Marshall. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,781
  10. W.Fox

W.Fox
    Verstappen 2.0 Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    Yeah I assume you are right but the quality seems to be a bit worse. Or maybe I had bad luck. Idk how to solve it but my pedals are a bit "sticky" when I press them. They even make a sticky noise, its not much resistance though. I found out its on the rubber under the silver metal plates that hold the pedals angle ( I hope you know what I mean). Tried to keep it clean with alcohol, its fine for some hours/ days after it gets sticky again. Tried some WD40, same effect.
    Another problem is my brake pedal. When I slowly release my brake, I can hear and feel a little "click". I guess its the spring releasing not so smoothly but there is already a lot of grease so I dont know whats the problem here. Anybody of you experienced this and can give me a solution?