• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

T500RS Conical Brake Mod included?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by W.Fox, Feb 21, 2017.

1. W.Fox

W.Fox
    Verstappen 2.0 Premium

Ratings:
    +113
    Hey guys,
    I´ve just bought a new T500rs and was wondering if the Conical brake mod should be included for the T3PA-Pro? I could only find the " Realistic brake mod" ( that cheap spring ) but I heard that the Conical feels pretty nice. Can anyone tell me if it should be included? If yes, im gonna contact thrustmaster and ask them for a replacement.

2. RacingManiacGT1

RacingManiacGT1

Ratings:
    +24
    I think T500RS originally do not have conical mod. I don't know if the kit gets updated to the same spec as the T3PA-Pro though.

3. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +461
    AFAIK the conical mod is only included for the T3PA and T3PA Pro pedals, but not the T500 (that's an older product). You can still get something similar from a 3rd party:
    http://www.thebrakemod.com/

4. W.Fox

W.Fox
    Verstappen 2.0 Premium

Ratings:
    +113
    Thanks for your answers. That makes me kind of sad, I really thought the pedals which come with the T500 are the same as the T3PA-PRO. I opted for the T500 because of the pedals and now I´m kind of disappointed, although its my own fault lol.
    The overall quality is worse than i thought.

5. RacingManiacGT1

RacingManiacGT1

Ratings:
    +24
    I don't think aside from that thing the pedals are any different.

6. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +42
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,091
  8. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +42
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,091
  10. W.Fox

W.Fox
    Verstappen 2.0 Premium

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah I assume you are right but the quality seems to be a bit worse. Or maybe I had bad luck. Idk how to solve it but my pedals are a bit "sticky" when I press them. They even make a sticky noise, its not much resistance though. I found out its on the rubber under the silver metal plates that hold the pedals angle ( I hope you know what I mean). Tried to keep it clean with alcohol, its fine for some hours/ days after it gets sticky again. Tried some WD40, same effect.
    Another problem is my brake pedal. When I slowly release my brake, I can hear and feel a little "click". I guess its the spring releasing not so smoothly but there is already a lot of grease so I dont know whats the problem here. Anybody of you experienced this and can give me a solution?