T500Rs and Assetto Corsa - FFB problems

Hi All!
I have a T500 that works very well in all other Sim titles but AC. Sometimes it works absolutely fantastic with Assetto and sometimes don't which is very, very weird. It makes me wonder that the problem is something related to the game not being able to load my wheel settings correctly, which leads to a very weak and sometimes non existing FFB.

My rig is a 7700k processor, Asus Maximus IX Hero mobo, 32gb ram DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Vengence, Crucial 256gb SSD and a GTX1070, along with a Corsair 850W psu and a liquid cooler for cpu from Corsair too. Running Windows 10 64bit fully updated and Firmware 43 (which is not the latest) and 2017_TTRS_5 driver version for the Thrustmaster T500 wheel. I tried other combinations of firmware and driver versions with no success.

When all is fine I noticed that once Assetto finish loading the car and track I feel a "kick" in the wheel, which basically means FFB loaded fine and the precision and power of the FFB feels great and make me not complaining about the feel at all. However, many, many times, Assetto loads the car and track and there's no "kick" and the ffb feels weaker, much weaker or even sometimes non existing, like the wheel was powered off the wall. I then have to restart game many times in order to make it work again..

I tried deleting AC my docs folder, reconfiguring the wheel using the Wizard, tried different usb ports and even bought a Powered Usb Hub.

One interesting thing is when I bought the hub and plugged the wheel into it for the first time, I had simply a blast of how good my wheel was performing with AC and I thought a not enough power was being drawn to the wheel without the Hub. But, when I had to disassemble the wheel from the comp and re connect it, ffb started to act up again... weird, very WEIRD!
I am seeking for help to try to identify where the problem is before I totally give up on this wheel and AC. As I said, all other games, RaceRoom, Atutomobilista, Rfactor 2 and Pcars 2 runs perfectly fine with this wheel and the FFB feels always the same, strong and precise.

My wheel has brand new main board, paddle shifter buttons, new and tensioned belts and also new fan.

I need some serious help from the Gurus!
Thanks in advance.

I had to send in my V2.5 Base for a repair. So I took the T500 again and have exactly the same problem with Assetto Corsa with the weak FFB. I have no idea why.
Mate, I have being struggling with this issue in a long time. It feels absolutely fantastic sometimes and a real crap when something went wrong. I really can't identify the reason. It seems to be something between AC and T500 as other Sims works nicely all the time. I thought was between T500 and Windows and can be, however why it feels weird only in AC?
I tried many things, last was re install the whole game, but it doesn't make a difference. Out of nowhere, you start the game and boom, feels strong and precise and the other day feels weak and "tired".
Only thing I noticed is, it feels great when after a track/car is loaded I feel a "kick" in the wheel. Is like it loaded ffb correctly.

Upvote 0
Did you also post that in the Assetto Corsa Forum?
Yes, unfortunately the only feedback I have is that may be regarding to lack of enough power in the usbs. That's why I bought a usb powered hub but it worked great first time I plugged the wheel into it, however when I needed to disassemble the wheel from pc and later reconnected it, randomly I got a strong ffb and weak ffb.

Upvote 0
I have this error in Computer Management Event Viewer

Die Beschreibung für die Ereignis-ID "2" aus der Quelle "tmpid" wurde nicht gefunden. Entweder ist die Komponente, die dieses Ereignis auslöst, nicht auf dem lokalen Computer installiert, oder die Installation ist beschädigt. Sie können die Komponente auf dem lokalen Computer installieren oder reparieren.

Falls das Ereignis auf einem anderen Computer aufgetreten ist, mussten die Anzeigeinformationen mit dem Ereignis gespeichert werden.

Die folgenden Informationen wurden mit dem Ereignis gespeichert:

CDIEffectDriver::CDIEffectDriver() CoInitialize() FAILED, GLE:0, procF:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\acs.exe

Der angegebene Ressourcentyp wurde nicht in der Image-Datei gefunden

tmpid = Thrustmaster's Physical Interface Device Driver

Upvote 0
Found on Internet many users that have or had the same problems I explained in OP but didn't see any topics with a solution, so I am still hopeful someone will light up this topic with a good idea and a possible fix to the problem.:O_o:

Upvote 0
Same problem here. I have changed almost every piece of my computer and upgraded from a T500 to a Ts-Pc Racer, and in the beginning the FFB was a mind blowing experience. Everything was fast and strong, but then it started to from time to time, from session to session, to become weak, and as OP said "tyred". You can even see the clipping app, clips with medium forces, and the light ones, literally doesn't exist anymore.

This happens like "always" when going multiplayer. Single player the FFB is perfect 9 of 10 sessions.

It's not related to FPS, because I can mantain 90+. Tried every driver/version of everything and Usb2, Usb3, Usb3 pci hub. This happened with Windows 7 and now Windows 10.

Starting a Race with half the forces/effects of the wheel is a big "******"

Upvote 0
From personal experience with FFB in general, I've seen several events that caused the FFB to behave erratically / inconsistently or to be weakened:
  • Insufficient USB data throughput (more common with DD-wheels). Adding a quality dedicated USB-PCIe card can help
  • VR USB-related load demand (weak FFB when using VR)
  • Low FPS (usually resulting in perceived input-lag)
  • Overloaded CPU-core (?); transfer some load to other cores (?)
Obviously, these can be masked by various issues or can be game or hardware-driver related in certain cases but, may be worth considering / ruling out at any rate.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back