GT Sport T500RS + After Market Pedals (Poor Bindings Options)

So I was pretty hyped about this release. I have a T500RS with the aftermarket MPPC Pedal set (GT Planet Review below):

https://www.gtplanet.net/main-performance-pc-simpedals-review/

Main Performance PC sells you an aftermarket RJ12 cable made to go from the circuit board on the pedal set to the T500RS wheel's input. Works like a charm in F1 2017 where you can pick your gas / brake bindings! I don't seem to suffer from the linearity issues folks are speaking to with the factory Thrustmaster / Logitech pedal sets either (butter smooth for entire calibration).

ENTER GT SPORT.... and a lack of developer foresight.

Pedals work, but the bindings are completely backwards for gas and brake (brake is gas, gas is brake). Imagine the level of disappointment when you find out your just short of using your $1,200 pedal set and the only inhibitor is that PD didn't seem to make it a priority to give us a freaking GAS / BRAKE bind that was modifiable in settings (WTF PD)! I implore PD to fix this so those of us with aftermarket pedals that are made to support PS4 / XBOX can still enjoy the game properly.

Anybody share in this frustration? Even the wheel configuration screen sucks when you have the aftermarket F1 or Ferrari 458 wheels. I had to figure out what buttons were what in F1 2017's menus (Codemasters knows how to setup proper wheel and pedal bindings). This way I could come back to GT Sport and set my own layout without guessing games and restarting races.

So I was pretty hyped about this release. I have a T500RS with the aftermarket MPPC Pedal set (GT Planet Review below):

Main Performance PC sells you an aftermarket RJ12 cable made to go from the circuit board on the pedal set to the T500RS wheel's input. Works like a charm in F1 2017 where you can pick your gas / brake bindings! I don't seem to suffer from the linearity issues folks are speaking to with the factory Thrustmaster / Logitech pedal sets either (butter smooth for entire calibration).

Pedals work, but the bindings are completely backwards for gas and brake (brake is gas, gas is brake). Imagine the level of disappointment when you find out your just short of using your $1,200 pedal set and the only inhibitor is that PD didn't seem to make it a priority to give us a freaking GAS / BRAKE bind that was modifiable in settings (WTF PD)! I implore PD to fix this so those of us with aftermarket pedals that are made to support PS4 / XBOX can still enjoy the game properly.

Anybody share in this frustration? Even the wheel configuration screen sucks when you have the aftermarket F1 or Ferrari 458 wheels. I had to figure out what buttons were what in F1 2017's menus (Codemasters knows how to setup proper wheel and pedal bindings). This way I could come back to GT Sport and set my own layout without guessing games and restarting races.

I can go you one better. My one year old Alcontara T300RS (NOT RS-GT) is not recognized in Gran Turismo Sport. No matter how I connect it.
I just cant believe it. Why did I spend my money on this?
I wish I did have overbearing FFB. I have zip. Can anyone help? What have I done wrong? Other than buy GT Sport................................

There's a mode button on the wheel base that swaps the pedals between GT and f1 mode, have you tried that? Red or green light depending on which mode it is in .
Now that usually swaps gas with clutch, so might not help at all.
PD didn't include the option because supported wheels will always send the brake signal to the right channel, you are however trying to use a custom piece of kit which isn't really supported. Sucks, but that's console vs pc for you.

I can go you one better. My one year old Alcontara T300RS (NOT RS-GT) is not recognized in Gran Turismo Sport. No matter how I connect it.
I wish I did have overbearing FFB. I have zip. Can anyone help? What have I done wrong? Other than buy GT Sport................................
Try hooking your wheel up to a pc and use the thrustmaster profiler to search for and install the latest firmware, that might solve the problem.

Man, I really am sorry to hear that. Seems I've read about a lot of folks w/ the T300RS having issues with it being recognized, so I know you're not alone in that specific model. Wonder if there's a way to identify batches? Short of updating firmware, or even trying to roll back to an older version if you can get your hands on one, not much one can do I suppose.

I'm pretty patient, so if I was in your shoes, I'd definitely at the least try wiping the game from HD and reinstalling from scratch to see if it helps. Try both USB ports as well (I'm sure you have though). I'd even try going through a powered USB hub just cause. Exhaust virtually everything before you give up on money spent. It really is a fun game. I hope PD works out the fickle nature of it after next update (along w/ the lingering T500RS issues, RE: FFB).

GL sir!

There's a mode button on the wheel base that swaps the pedals between GT and f1 mode, have you tried that? Red or green light depending on which mode it is in .
Now that usually swaps gas with clutch, so might not help at all.
PD didn't include the option because supported wheels will always send the brake signal to the right channel, you are however trying to use a custom piece of kit which isn't really supported. Sucks, but that's console vs pc for you.

Try hooking your wheel up to a pc and use the thrustmaster profiler to search for and install the latest firmware, that might solve the problem.

All logical and good suggestions man, appreciate the thread acknowledgment. Firmware is *check*. Funny you mention the mode button, as it was one option I did try that I was really hoping I'd get lucky with, but no change, hah! I ended up breaking down the MPPC's for now and digging out the RS pedals. Had to remove the Basher mod. The throttle linearity was perfect on the MPPC, but it's sloppy on the RS set. It jumps like everyone suggests. Could be calibration issues, but doubt it, most likely PD needing to clean-up their code.

The juddering when you exceed your limit doesn't really bother me like it does most (you shouldn't be doing that often anyways). FFB strength feels fine, but I like a proper workout. Will see what next update brings, set to 5/5 right now in settings.

Managed to sort out the MPPC's! Naturally, epiphany AFTER the dismount. I need to email the manufacturer and make sure what I'm doing won't have any long term adverse effects on the board, but started thinking the sensors for the brake and gas are probably the exact same unit / type.

Swapped the brake cable over to the right side of the board (where gas was), and the gas connector to where the brake was (left side-mid). Both are 3-prong / same connection. Once I did this, the swap in game happened as expected (consider it a direct channel swap is all). Had to re-calibrate though since the board was seeing far different throws based on where brake / gas was previously reading at the board's inputs. Once that was done, good to go!

PICS of the swap below. It was tight for the gas, but it's not pulling too hard:

Brake Cable (Over Routing):
MPPC_Right-Side_Sensor_BRAKE.JPG

Gas Cable (Under Routing):
MPPC_Left-Side-Mid-Sensor_GAS.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years