• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

T500 shifter - stripped clamping screw

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Sk3ptik0n, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    I have a T500 Thrustmaster shifter and I have been very happy with it. I modded it a bit and with lubrication and an exernal switch works better than when new.

The only problem I have now is that I run out of thread in the clamping screw.
    I first stripped the thread for my table thickness, so I added a piece of wood to move the screw a bit. Then I stripped that area of the screw, until now I jhave only a little bit left and I know soon I won;t have a way to c;lamp it.

It seems thrustmaster decided to save money in the clamping materials as everything else is built like a tank.

I have been trying to figure out if there would be another way to quickly clamp and remove the shifter. I don;t care that much about my desk, but I don;t have enough space for a cockpit in my garage and even if I did, I have 2 shifters (My old G25 converted to sequential only) and I often substitute them for one another. I love the T500 sequential, but taking apart the shifter just to get a sequential shifter is something I do for special occasions. When I mess around testing cars it
    s easier to just switch shifters.

I have some ideas, mostly involving screws and drilling, but if anyone has a better idea I am all ears.

Thank you

2. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    I guess I am the only one with this issue?