t500 ffb advice

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
ive noticed that while cornering at speed as the wheel gets tighter the environmental/engine forces disappear, its as if the act of adding the increased resistance as i corner doesn't allow the wheel to create the rest of the forces. I can actually find the exact biting point and i can go over kerbs and offroad and get no indication from the wheel other than it creating the turning resistance.

seems to be more of an issue in certain games, im wondering if its the way they handle the ffb, gsc2013 is a game the it really shows, which is a bit of a pain as its one of my fave games

im wondering if this is normal as this is my first wheel?... or if i need to alter some settings to fix it?

just left everything on the default settings for ffb, only thing ive changed is the rotation which ive set to 240

Upvote 0
Should be something like this
T500 config.jpg

Upvote 0
ive tried your settings and im still getting the same sensation of loosing the road feel/engine rumble while turning at speed, not sure if im explaining the symptoms correctly but its like the tension on the wheel creates a biting point which damps out the rumble, very odd feeling while driving

Upvote 0
When you drive fast, you loose grip. If you slow down a little the ffb should get heavier again, meaning you have more grip.
Because you are new you have to learn and understand the ffb.
I don't use a rotation lower than 450° with GSC.

Upvote 0
not sure if its what you described as its not when i loose grip that it occurs, and the wheel weight doesn't get lighter which would indicate a slipping force, as i turn in at speed the wheel gets progressively "tighter" and at the point just before i would start slipping its as though the wheel gets so "tight" that all the other forces i can feel are sort of damped out only leaving the wheel weight. It could very well be just the way the wheel handles the ffb, but it kinda throws the immersion for me every time it happens.

i use the 240 as it seems to give a more accurate f1 feel as i tend to only race the formula cars

Upvote 0
thats what ive been feeling, after watching that vid the "deadening" of the forces and just leaving the heavy wheel during turning is exactly what ive been experiencing, time to tweak some settings...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back