• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

T500 Ferrari Wheel Modding Service

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Kai Lohmann, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    could be , the apiv2 cames with the Patch 10 and its aslo just working with extradata set to "2" not 1.
    Also just working with ek simsoftware,,,you got a Bodnar display also?

2. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anthony Levene

Anthony Levene

Ratings:
    +154
    Now I really wish I had SLI-Pro...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,196
    [medio]753[/medio]

Pretty great and they work well together in rFactor 2. www.youtubedoubler.com/5PXv for both videos (the one above and in-game)

5. hwangm

hwangm

Ratings:
    +29
    modmate, _ I love that EXtra LED you put on the rim. very very nice, - just wandering If you sell parts (i.e., the 1-10 circular clear ring) under the rotary caps

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    Hi,

Im already thinkin about a little DIY kit to offer so that experienced modders can mod their wheels on their own.
    Kits like the 5 Encoders with scales and Knobs and so on. I got also some new Scale options available, will post a pic in some minutes.

7. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    New Scales:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gilbert Ghammachi

Gilbert Ghammachi

Ratings:
    +7
    modmate is this my wheel??? :)

9. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    Im sorry mate, thats mine, you should know the colours of your scales dont you.:D
    Also, please be patient , i got your wheel 1 day now and the parts as the encoders are not here yet. These will arrive wednesday to thursday and then i can start the mod.;)

10. Gilbert Ghammachi

Gilbert Ghammachi

Ratings:
    +7
    Haha :) was just kidding and regarding the colors.. as I said ;-) up to you.. Ah can't wait.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    You get the scales from page 1 cause the above are just "prototypes" and not available,maybe in 1-2 weeks but i dont think you like to wait for it.:)

12. Gilbert Ghammachi

Gilbert Ghammachi

Ratings:
    +7
    no no all good :) page 1 is just fine ;)

13. hwangm

hwangm

Ratings:
    +29
    Those are nice, please do post when you start selling them knobs thanks

14. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    You can already buy a set, but it would be 5 encoders with knobs, caps for the knobs as 5 scales with colour of choice or clear. I offer with the encoders cause they are also "modded" to fit the knobs and the wheel.

15. hwangm

hwangm

Ratings:
    +29
    modMate - Wehre I can buy this? can I buy un-modded knob (5 set) with the 5 scales colours? can you provide link please.
    I am using Leo's rotary switch and I can mod it myself. I already have 4 swtiches and 2 encoders. just received 6 knitters and 6 NKKs this afternoon.

16. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    You can write me a mail here:

Mod-edit

As for the modding, it means you have to shorten the metal shaft of the encoders by 60-70%, hope you got a tool with a diamond cut.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  17. ninjajimmy

ninjajimmy

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Modmate, i've sent you a PM (or conversation I believe it is called here) to inquire about doing my wheel. I really love what I see and the fact that you actually respond to people is awesome! :) Look forward to hearing from you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hundo

Hundo

Ratings:
    +1
    Very nice mod!! Did you ever get a replacement switch for the paddle shifters? I was practicing and racing 3 times a week for 3 months and TM replaced 5 switches for me. If you run this wheel a lot those paddle won't last. Again, great work!!

Don

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kai Lohmann

Kai Lohmann

Ratings:
    +362
    Hi,

I actually work on a replacement for the shifter buttons, a bit tricky to offer it as a DIY kit but i guess its possible to finish within the next month.

Greets Modmate

20. Hundo

Hundo

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye open on your progress :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.