T500 Ferrari Wheel Modding Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to be a dick, modmate. but not so long a go you were the one complaining as to why every one just "jump" to ask for SLI PRO and how bad the service was, with the email no reply
but now that you are offering them as primary - thumbsup.

I know but like tom mentioned above i need to change the way to go. Even if mr. bodnar doesnt answer in a company way and i need to wait verry long sometimes im pleased with the hardware and the used electronics in it. Also the EK soft is a huge step forward.

For the Simdisplay we`ll see what future brings, the company splits again (thats good) and i got a better feeling for the future right now. If everything went fine and i will get a new SD to review for myself before christmas and just if it is 100% perfect and stable it will be offered again.

For everyone else i rework my offer right now , also new pricings will be added.
There will be 3 fixed options where you can choose your colours you like, the rest is the full mod wich will be available with or without a brandnew addon wheel.
Its pretty cheap in germany and maybe a good way to go.;)

Upvote 0
I have to agree - the SimDisplay might look cool but the problems I had...geez. None of them were caused by modmate, to be clear on that. We worked it out in the end but he got practially no help, not even the slightest, from one of the SD guys. :/
Hmm, what problems did you have? I'm not into F1 but because the SimRace was a good price and the F1 wheel has dropped by $100 AUD in price over here, I thought it'd be nice to have and it's hard to drive open wheelers with the fixed paddles anyway.

I bought the SimRace T500 before I knew about modmate's service and have just installed it. Just the plate, no additional buttons etc. It didn't go smoothly but all is fixed now thanks to an electronics guy that I know. Some pics and explanation here, http://goo.gl/SO6oz

Anyway, if I knew about modmate's service and that he can buy the wheel for you in Germany, then I would have seriously considered doing that rather than doing it myself.

Upvote 0
Hmm, what problems did you have? I'm not into F1 but because the SimRace was a good price and the F1 wheel has dropped by $100 AUD in price over here, I thought it'd be nice to have and it's hard to drive open wheelers with the fixed paddles anyway.

I bought the SimRace T500 before I knew about modmate's service and have just installed it. Just the plate, no additional buttons etc. It didn't go smoothly but all is fixed now thanks to an electronics guy that I know. Some pics and explanation here, http://goo.gl/SO6oz

Anyway, if I knew about modmate's service and that he can buy the wheel for you in Germany, then I would have seriously considered doing that rather than doing it myself.

One of the LEDs isn't working right (it's dimmed) and the manufacturer says it's normal because he's been "using low cost Chinese LEDs" and we should just "deal with it". :)

To be clear on that: modmate mailed the other SimDisplay guy and he was very kind and offered a solution right away, it's not the company as a whole it seems. :)

Upvote 0
I have that SimDisplay too and this item cant show BestLap Time or Laptime in wire to speed etc.
I must install the Plugin in rFactor ever before starting the Game.:(
I will order the Modmate Work with SLI-Pro etc.:thumbsup:
Simdisplay for Sale! :whistling:

Do I have rarely seen such a fast support as Modmate.:) Very good! Answers follow immediately. Photos and a description of my order at Modmate follows!

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Finally i got the SLI-PRO prototype ready. It was a hell of a mess to get the shield done well!
Its suits the sli-pro 100% and is even with the little displays. You see just the first sample wich was made in a different material , the final would be clear acryl and 3m carbon foil added.;)

Upvote 0
Hello fans,my wheel made ​​by modmate has arrived!A true
masterpiece! :thumbsup: Worked very clean. Sli-Pro sits perfectly in the wheel!For the software of SLI need some time but has since modmate aid promised!In general, the support and the answer to inquiries is really exemplary.My conclusion: service and support good,
quality work by an expert.
All in all, highly recommended!My next league race will take place in Monaco, and I can not wait to give gas!Thanks modmate!:)

Photos can be seen tomorrow. My battery of the camera invites yet. I have like every morning bring the chicken in the barn to crow, so good night!:sleep:

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I received my wheel made by modmate yesterday.
Trully a master piece!
He's fast in answering and is very helpfull in case you need some additional information.
Will post pictures and review next week.

Upvote 0
Very interesting thread, and from the pictures looks like top quality work. My question is what do you program the rotary dials to do, I have been doing laps with F1 2012 and was wondering what these rotaries are programmed to do.

Upvote 0
You can set them up to do any number of things. One of the things you can do is have a rotary setup to change the display with each position of the rotary being a different option for the display. Once can be brightness of the display, One can be brake bias. Pretty much anything you wish to program that can be programmed. If you are wanting it to be like real F1 cars, then have a search on youtube as there are a number of videos of drivers explaining what each button and rotary does on their wheel.

Upvote 0
You can set them up to do any number of things. One of the things you can do is have a rotary setup to change the display with each position of the rotary being a different option for the display. Once can be brightness of the display, One can be brake bias. Pretty much anything you wish to program that can be programmed. If you are wanting it to be like real F1 cars, then have a search on youtube as there are a number of videos of drivers explaining what each button and rotary does on their wheel.

Yep, like 1 click to the left = rear bias, normal = neutral bias, right = front bias. Pretty awesome. It's also possible to change what's being displayed on the SLI-PRO. F1 2012 is a bit limited in that regard, tho. :)

LOL!:sneaky:
Mein Englisch ist :poop:! I know!:ninja:

Pictures speak louder than words ...

No it's alright, I just had a good laugh because we like to use literal translations at the office as well - there goes yes the dog in the pan crazy, y'know. Native speakers facial expressions: priceless. :D

Upvote 0
Yep, like 1 click to the left = rear bias, normal = neutral bias, right = front bias. Pretty awesome. It's also possible to change what's being displayed on the SLI-PRO. F1 2012 is a bit limited in that regard, tho. :)

No it's alright, I just had a good laugh because we like to use literal translations at the office as well - there goes yes the dog in the pan crazy, y'know. Native speakers facial expressions: priceless. :D

Not longer, f1 2012 released the new API v2. Nearly everything is possible now, KERS/DRS/SPLITTIMES and so on. Absolutely great.

Upvote 0
Not longer, f1 2012 released the new API v2. Nearly everything is possible now, KERS/DRS/SPLITTIMES and so on. Absolutely great.

Hm didn't work when I tried. Yet again, might've been because I've been using the review version back then. Good to know. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back