T3PA plastic base durability - problem with Wheel Stand Pro

I’ve got some stupid question but since a lot of people there are building their sim rigs on custom frames or even create whole amazing cockpits etc. perhaps I’ll get an answer :)

I’ve got Wheel Stand Pro V2 and I’d like to store it in folded position, like on the picture below. Un)fortunately, since I own basic V2 version - which is shorter - in my case horizontal tube doesn’t rest on the brake pedal, but on the edge of the pedals base.

I’m afraid that the wheel base can eventually break up because of high spot pressure. Have you any idea how to protect it?
I'm not good at physics, but I was thinking of some way to spread the pressure over a larger area. Could putting a spare metal plates from the stand on top of the base be a solution? (they are a bit resilient, but when laid one on top of the other they are stiffer) Perhaps should I put some rubber spacers underneath the plates? Should I then put a spacer underneath the horizontal tube or rather avoid it to not transfer the load directly to the base?

Fold_T3PA_Deluxe_V2_cr.jpg
Wheel Stand Mod 1_cr.jpg
Wheel Stand Mod 2_cr.jpg

Last edited:
My best solution would be drill thru the front most pivot point and have removable locking pins hold the wheel stand a few MM above the pedal base.

My picture here shows horizontal but vertical would probably be better.

If you were to do this, I would suggest drilling completely thru both sides and have the pins long enough to pass thru both sides.

Even with spreading out the force across the entirety of the pedals, I would still have the same concerns you have now. It might just prolong the inevitable.

Another idea I have is a hinged support that pivots just under the wheel base. Velcro or whatever could hold it in place while the wheel stand is in use.

Attachments

• Fold_T3PA_Deluxe_V2_cr.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Fold_T3PA_Deluxe_V2_cr.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I don't have a tools to do such things so I was looking for simpler solution, but perhaps you're right that it will only postpone the damage in time.... However, as I understand, theoretically it should work to some extent? And as I suppose I should not place the spacer beneath the column.

Of course that idea with supporting the column on the back sounds reasonable, so I'll try to figure out something to achieve it :)
...but i/m afraid that horizontal column must be in this case extended a bit more and the whole stand with the wheel won't fit under my desk where I want to store it (I'm quite short and I've got additional shelf under the desktop :))

Last edited:
Does this really call for a "German Solution"?
Meaning: why opt for a high tech solution when you can just put a card board box or similar between the heel area and the wheel carrier pipe?;)

I´m German with a DIY streak, but here I´d go for "good enough" :cool:

it's quite heavy and I'm afraid that simple cardboard box won't hold it :) And you need a box with perfectly fitting dimensions :)

Thought that my metal plates will be the simplest solution but it turns out that probably it won't be enough.

It seems that I can't avoid some DIY. Perhaps I'll buy some thicker piece of wood and place it in front of the pedal base to support the column.

In the meantime, I think I will apply my concept, because it is better than nothing :)
Of course if someone has anything to add or has some brilliant idea, I'm listening :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 74 59.2%