PC2 T300 FFB Settings

Whats everyone using? Right now im at 90 ovr, 100 con, 100 per and 0 on damper and spring in Thrustmaster profile. 40 across the board in game on raw. Get clipping in long fast corners like turn 5 at Walkins Glen tho.

I was told about Jack Spades custom files this morning I didn't know he made them for PC2 also.

Im using Jack Spades alternative mid comp.

Standard files - with artificial road noise, moderate bumps/kerbs/grass response (severely more than the SMS 4 custom preset)
Alternative files - no artificial road noise, more bumps/kerbs/grass response

Just cant figure out why people want to add artificial effects to ffb. To each there own. Just curious is all.

Edit: Post 9 & 1 has the settings I use. Just volume up and down depending on the car.
ok i try it...good ...but try imola...0 road sensation....cause they only laserscan 4 track...oulton park, cadwell park, brand hatch and snetterton....si i return to standard.. ;)

About laserscanning: LIDAR is used to capture the geometry of the track in a point cloud so they can made a 3D track model that is accurate in terms of where everything is, elevation etc. It doesnt magicly provide you with data about the physical friction of the surface. You would need some kind of friction meter to do that.

So it physics-wise it doesnt matter one bit if a track is based on a scan or if its built the old school way using maps/blueprints/photos/measurements. That part is done by the designers using whatever you can get from vehicle physics books and other sources of information.

Well thanks guys. Went with the same thrustmaster profile setting I had went with Jacks Spade ALT MED settings " Dont care for artificial ffb so thats why I went with the ALT" and in game 100,40,50,30. No clipping Tested with Indycar at Walkins the S and turn 5 are fast and bumpy and brutal on ffb.
what is your calibration page in pcars 2...and what is your wheel pls

Yes i know...but configuration on the game!!! Not in thrusmaster not in ffb menu.....
In contrôl option 2nd column

20170924121336_1.jpg
20170924121332_1.jpg

Typical after more running I prefer these settings with Jack the lad's ffb_custom_settings - alt lo comp.

Nice amount of noise from the road surface and feels realistic especially in road cars with the OEM setup loaded.

Turned speed sensitivity to 0% again not sure the Stig knows what is what :)

proUX4i.jpg

RBJfbZy.png

KwwRWFE.png

Guys the speed sensitivity at 45 is WRONG in the video. Ben Collins was using Steering Sensitivity at 45 (instead of default 50 - something I also did in PCARS1) and NOT Speed Sensitivity. If you have speed sens at 45 your wheels turn less than they would in reality and it also makes more apparent the less ffb around centre, because now your centre is actually larger. So put ZERO in that option. It is the video's fault because he mixed up the names, it's not Collin's fault.

I use Alternative Low Compression Jack with:
Gain 100 (Jack suggests never to change that, just tweak Volume per car if you want)
Volume from 40-50 and mapped + - keys to give it a hit or two depending on the car.
Tone 50
FX around 10+ depending on mood.

The profiler is 75% overall and everything else to 100%. The only value that matters here is the Constant and if you want the wheel return to centre when you enter the menu, also put spring at some value.

Ok, now its clear with the speed sens steering . Thank you for the info. I tested with spade file today. Going to test the ALT versions tomorrow.
Also, you guys seem to have the fx value much lower.. So going to test that aswell. :)

Last edited:
No they know the engine, but they want to keep fail safe settings so that the average person doesn't complain. Which is also the reason the FFB settings are hidden behind the 3 simple sliders.

About laserscanning: LIDAR is used to capture the geometry of the track in a point cloud so they can made a 3D track model that is accurate in terms of where everything is, elevation etc. It doesnt magicly provide you with data about the physical friction of the surface. You would need some kind of friction meter to do that.

So it physics-wise it doesnt matter one bit if a track is based on a scan or if its built the old school way using maps/blueprints/photos/measurements. That part is done by the designers using whatever you can get from vehicle physics books and other sources of information.
So what is your setting ??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back