T300 calibration

I have a T300 and it's plugged in via usb to my main pc. If I leave it plugged in between sessions, when I start up my pc it doesn't calibrate. It will calibrate the first time when it's plugged in but not after. I have usb mains powered hub which you have to switch on and when the wheel is plugged into that, it calibrates everytime. Should I unplug my wheel from the main pc between sessions so it calibrates everytime or is it normal for it not to calibrate if I leave it plugged in. I had a TX last year with a different pc and that would calibrate every time when it was left plugged in. Hope someone can help cheers

Ok, I'll try a different approach as I've searched all over the Internet. Who leaves their wheel plugged into the main USB port on your pc between sessions? Do you even leave it in permanently and if so, when you start your pc does it auto calibrate? Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi jim sorry i never saw your post,
i have a T500 and i don't unplug it from my pc but i don't use a hub. I have had issues in the past with my wheel and pedals and shifter not calibrating properly and found it was this
USB problems and solutions:
I discovered that this problem was in the BIOS. I had to find the option to disable USB Legacy devices. Once I rebooted all of my USB devices worked fine.

i dont know if this applies to you but it worked for me

Upvote 0
i have a T500 and i don't unplug it from my pc but i don't use a hub. I have had issues in the past with my wheel and pedals and shifter not calibrating properly and found it was this
I discovered that this problem was in the BIOS. I had to find the option to disable USB Legacy devices. Once I rebooted all of my USB devices worked fine.

The wheel works fine Rupe it's just when I leave it plugged into a USB port on the pc, when I start the pc it doesn't go left and right yet works as normal.

Upvote 0
The wheel works fine Rupe it's just when I leave it plugged into a USB port on the pc, when I start the pc it doesn't go left and right yet works as normal.

I also have the T300 and I see the exact same pattern with mine - if I don't unplug it it doesn't calibrate when I start the computer. I usually end up disconnecting the wheel because I have to move the seat, but I haven't had any issues when I haven't disconnected it between restarts.

Upvote 0
I also have the T300 and I see the exact same pattern with mine - if I don't unplug it it doesn't calibrate when I start the computer. I usually end up disconnecting the wheel because I have to move the seat, but I haven't had any issues when I haven't disconnected it between restarts.
Thank you Jakob, that's put my mind at rest a little.

Upvote 0
Do you guys shut down the PC, or just send it to sleep/hibernate? That might make a difference.

I have my TX plugged in all the time (no hub involved), and it does calibrate after a cold boot.

Upvote 0
Do you guys shut down the PC, or just send it to sleep/hibernate? That might make a difference.

I have my TX plugged in all the time (no hub involved), and it does calibrate after a cold boot.
I shut down but I have a feeling power is still going through because sometimes the mouse light stays on. I have a power switch on the back, maybe I'm supposed to switch it off there as well.

Upvote 0
Is it connected to a usb 3, i had a fast charge option on on my assus motherbaord and had something like that,
i don't use the usb 3 for my controllers,
i am reading with interest as every bit of info helps, Nice post Jim:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

I think this may have been the problem. I disabled the legacy USB and the wheel calibrated on start up so hopefully it will calibrate every time now. Thanks for the suggestion Rupe.

Upvote 0
Hi Jim, i was so sceptical about this when i did it, as legacy support is more about mouse and keyboard without drivers ect.. but it works for me so thought id pass it on, i also have the THa8 shifter and every time i used the driver it always became controller 1, and messed my others up, now i can have a stable controller set up without any issues. i run a asus motherboard and this was a issue with them, in how it boots up the usb, or so ive read, Im happy it seems to of worked.

Upvote 0
Hi Jim, i was so sceptical about this when i did it, as legacy support is more about mouse and keyboard without drivers ect.. but it works for me so thought id pass it on, i also have the THa8 shifter and every time i used the driver it always became controller 1, and messed my others up, now i can have a stable controller set up without any issues. i run a asus motherboard and this was a issue with them, in how it boots up the usb, or so ive read, Im happy it seems to of worked.
My keyboard and mouse work fine but I have the same shifter and yes, it would always be in the number one slot whatever port I used. I had the option to disable, enable and auto. I don't understand what I've changed lol but it's worked out ok.

Upvote 0
in older sims you only get to 3 input devises and only the 1st two in the controller list can be adjusted in game..ie linearity dead zone etc.. so in rfactor 1 having a wheel or pedals in number 3 slot of a control panel means you don't get to change this in game and can leave a dead feeling to wheels or pedals. so for me driving older sims this is how i must have my set up

8ZGQ9LEPjqY85ZU9I4IORSSWom1B6iGpuJXiGjtOJ3oPd9v41-miJ9hUx-DbAVoUFef_Fvh4T2opTwhqnLBN0ni4AG0ejQ6UgxBiRk_ckkwvLtzfydflsb79A9Wg5ih_sudSFoWyOGXdxMvgcWfo5MWV9H2M4fvSgQD3tWJ2o1doz_PrW1CmvWkuCafzPQoh0AE4FeLwqMHM5z_gQG4G16-irg5fBW7exu0rN8NXh07jfQDCZKrw1tqY2mRZZLrlo9iRRPqFhQ9O7DQgCwwUA4rPoX30NpXC8WgOxOi_NMujiJARne_Udqpm-G_YTP_eTKQNmufQs5-d2TRbaGn7QqCkrHgK_XmKVvUiln3B4-brMRs2sXlV9AADiU3xxH7JPFAVRJS9DgwDYdrxJASoHjmBuGd1QKgz4PtyuD0lPO5WmgAh8kz7Sa-47BNbvlxX9pI_p7_I8pT599acjuyyTqrgeBxtoPjSiZoTHoowODlJuQCanIGuEr2Mz9CUG5wXbXCPg2Pv2OR_bOBo7PXYDq-B2LJYx6M0YX9O030CoU7wc6yToiOpMF4KAvLzyf1n-AFBBzO4PkT7CGLlnM99SpN-Uiy0OS-7L25ZMiKGFJTfRCsG9bDH=w495-h466-no

new sims can be so much easier with controllers..

Upvote 0
Hey Jim,
Just to add to the confusion.....
I have left my T300 wheel connected to my PC for the past 2 years (?) on/working 24/7. I set my windows settings so my USB ports never sleep.

Everytime, I turn on or reboot my computer, my wheel re-calibrates....TWICE.
Once, when the PC power is turned on and again when windows is booting.

It has always behaved this way, since day one.

Upvote 0
Wow! I've BEEN breaking my back to reach behind my pc to unplug all my usb devices that i use for my sim racing games since forever and never thought of this! Might give this a shot, but with the use of a surge protector power bar. But what about the T3PA Pro pedals? Don't you have to recalibrate them manually everytime you turn on the pc? Or if left plugged in as you guys mentioned above, would the pedals maintain their calibration and not need to be recalibrated?

Upvote 0
Wow! I've BEEN breaking my back to reach behind my pc to unplug all my usb devices that i use for my sim racing games since forever and never thought of this! Might give this a shot, but with the use of a surge protector power bar.

OH MAN! :O_o: :roflmao: I use the wheel so often, there was NO WAY, I was gonna keep crawling back there. I plug my wheel into one of the front USB ports, if I ever want to disconnect.

But what about the T3PA Pro pedals? Don't you have to recalibrate them manually everytime you turn on the pc? Or if left plugged in as you guys mentioned above, would the pedals maintain their calibration and not need to be recalibrated?

No, you do not need to recalibrate. As long as you plug in your wheel/pedals BEFORE you open the sim/game, they should automatically be recognized with your settings. At least that's how it works for me. :p

Upvote 0
Hey Jim,
Just to add to the confusion.....
I have left my T300 wheel connected to my PC for the past 2 years (?) on/working 24/7. I set my windows settings so my USB ports never sleep.

Everytime, I turn on or reboot my computer, my wheel re-calibrates....TWICE.
Once, when the PC power is turned on and again when windows is booting.

It has always behaved this way, since day one.
I use a powered USB hub and I switch it off when I shut down my pc so it recalibrates when I switch it on again. If I leave the hub on then it doesn't recalibrate but I don't notice any difference.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years