T300 - buzzing and vibrating when turning the wheel

Hi, New T300 wheel is humming and vibrating when I turn the wheel and increases more I push against the force feedback, this is happening both with just the Thrustmaster Control panel open and also in game, which is numing the force feedback and makes my hand tingle after, the best way I can explain how it feels, it is like when you press the "Gong" in the Test Forces tab.
Is this normal or have I got a faulty wheel?

Last edited:
Two things:
1. If you have it set to 900 degrees in the Thrustmaster drivers, it will buzz if you try to turn the wheel past 900 degrees (1 and a half turns from center). This is Thrustmaster's "soft lock". If you had it set to 360 degrees, for example, then it would start buzzing very quickly. The buzzing just means you've reached the end of the set amount of degrees, and you shouldn't be turning the wheel this far anyway.
2. Clipping also induces buzzing. So if you have gain set high and you take a fast corner, the clipping meter in AC or rF2 will show red warning and you will feel buzzing.

Does this handle your situation?

Upvote 0
Two things:
1. If you have it set to 900 degrees in the Thrustmaster drivers, it will buzz if you try to turn the wheel past 900 degrees (1 and a half turns from center). This is Thrustmaster's "soft lock". If you had it set to 360 degrees, for example, then it would start buzzing very quickly. The buzzing just means you've reached the end of the set amount of degrees, and you shouldn't be turning the wheel this far anyway.
2. Clipping also induces buzzing. So if you have gain set high and you take a fast corner, the clipping meter in AC or rF2 will show red warning and you will feel buzzing.

Does this handle your situation?

Thank you for your help, I felt the vibration in GSC with the default FFB of 75% in the Thrustmaster control panel and using the T500 RS setting in GSC with FFB reduced to 75%.
Also felt it in Race 07 and GTR2 using low FFB settings, I had a Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR before this and a G25 and never felt this before.
I have asked for a replacement, getting it Wednesday, I am guessing if it does it again it is me being over sensitive or there is a faulty batch with Amazon.

I get that same feeling in AC, but not in GSC and PCars.

Thank you for your reply, I was feeling it in GSC, that is where it was effecting me the most, the FFB felt great, ignoring the vibration, better than any other wheel I have had, but the constant vibration was stopping me from using it long term. Did not try it with AC yet, hopefully the replacement will be fine.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help, I felt the vibration in GSC with the default FFB of 75% in the Thrustmaster control panel and using the T500 RS setting in GSC with FFB reduced to 75%.
Also felt it in Race 07 and GTR2 using low FFB settings, I had a Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR before this and a G25 and never felt this before.
I have asked for a replacement, getting it Wednesday, I am guessing if it does it again it is me being over sensitive or there is a faulty batch with Amazon.

Thank you for your reply, I was feeling it in GSC, that is where it was effecting me the most, the FFB felt great, ignoring the vibration, better than any other wheel I have had, but the constant vibration was stopping me from using it long term. Did not try it with AC yet, hopefully the replacement will be fine.
sorry ofc, it's been 8 years, but was it faulty or the replacement was the same?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back