System Freeze with RSRBR 2011

I have a very strange problem with RBR currently. My whole system will freeze at seemingly random times, but never longer than 2 stages after starting.

There are no graphical anomalies upon the freeze, 2 seconds before the freeze, a static hissing sound begins and stops at the freeze. If I press CTRL+ALT+DEL, I can view my mouse moving where the Task Manager should be but I cannot see the Task Manager window. Moreover I cannot operate the Task manager via the keyboard, 'blind' as it were. If I anticipate the freeze (upon hearing the hissing), I can quickly press CTRL+ALT+DEl and get to desktop, however, when attempting to end the RBR process, my computer freezes. When my computer freezes, I can still hear the microphone feedback from TS3.

I have installed the game freshly 3 times now, on XP 32-bit, GTS250, 4GB RAM, Athlon X2 - had no problems with 2010 at all.

The following diagnostics have been run:

Defragmenting hard drive
Installing on a different hard drive
Tweaking graphical setup
Using or not using graphical add-ons
Changing the 3D ratio
Disconnecting external HDDs while playing

None of these 'solutions' have worked. I am frankly stumped, it does not seem like a graphical problem, but more of a something very wrong in the game process. Anybody got any more ideas?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back