Symonds Rules Out Role at F1 Team

pat symonds.jpg

Pat Symonds has ruled out joining another Formula One team following his departure from Williams, but hinted that he could play another role in F1’s future.

The 63-year-old, who has been an engineer in the sport since the early 1980s, says he’s open minded about the next step in his career, and is currently assessing his options.

“I spent January looking around at what possibilities there might be,” he told motorsport.com. “I’m on holiday in February and during that time I’ll decide on some of the things I might do, and then in March I’ll start doing them.”

One possibility could be a consultancy role. Symonds has been running a consultancy business alongside his F1 duties, and says he wants to use his experience to help the sport.

“I’m certainly not retired, and now I am away from the relentless intensity of F1 team work, it will be nice to reflect and use my experience in a positive way for the sport.”

Symonds was replaced at Williams by Paddy Lowe, who is expected to start work next month.

For more Formula One news and discussions head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with your fellow community members.

Where do you think Symonds will end up? Are you happy to see him leave or do you think F1 will miss him? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing