1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

SweetFX for GSC/Ftruck

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Alex Sawczuk, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

I saw someone post an injector below. I played with SweetFX a little internally, and well I'm going to share it with you, but it's provided unsupported...

SweetFX allows you to adjust how the colours look a little, with some fake hdr effects and it has some other AA tricks too with out really costing too much in the way of FPS. I don't have time to take any comparison pictures just yet but your welcome to play. You will loose the track map with this, and this is provided unsupported.

To uninstall just restore the appropriate d3d9.dll that is provided.

Press scroll lock to enable/disable the effect.

Also I recommend you select no AA in the config utility and then force it through your graphics card control panel.

http://www.alexsawczuk.co.uk/files/SweetFXGSCFT.zip

Feel free to play with the config files and see if you can improve it :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Ok, I found some time to take some pictures, after/before here comparison here.

http://imgur.com/a/fhQlf

With

[​IMG]

Without

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. You need to upload the screenshots in max quality for better comparison. If they get compressed, you lose details and the comparison is less noticeable.

4. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

The difference looks pretty noticeable from those screens. Grass looks richer green, colours on the trucks are more vivd and the blacks and shadows are deeper :)

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

There's nothing wrong with the uploaded pictures. They were uploaded as PNG files and resaved by the website as jpgs with minimum compression.

6. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I am sorry but I have never been able to see much difference with these schemes similar to HDR. In this case, I can clearly see that the image is darker overall, but I cannot detect any other difference in antialiasing or anything that I would consider an "improvement".
    When I tested similar schemes in the past all I got was a darker cockpit. Sometimes at a level where I could not read the gauges.

Sure, the colors are more saturated, just look at the shadows, they are all considerably darker, but other than that I just don;t see the improvement. Sorry.

PS: Thank you for posting about it anyway. You guys are amazing and by far my favorite developers.

7. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

Have you tried this one yourself?
    I haven't, but I tried the other sweetfx mod which was posted here and in cockpit view there was a big difference with jaggies disappearing on the window frame. I'll try this one later if I get a chance anyway :)

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

There are more advanced settings which can do more to the way things look, but they take a lot of fps up. Feel free to play with the settings in the Sweetfx_GSC.ini config file

9. Hmm... I took my pCars SFX settings and tried it on FT and the results are amazing. :)

* check post below *

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ive got Pcars, How do you go about putting its SFX settings in FT? Thanks.

11. Where in FT do the files go? Cheers.

12. Hello guys, I wonder what are the main differences in performance on the game between these two effects? sweetFX and FXAA. I have FXAA and really like the effect.

Comparing the two effects, which effect strength over the video card?

13. FXAA basically sucks.. it's a type of AA that works by blurring things. I for one dislike this method. FT isn't demanding when it comes to graphics so in my case, applying SFX didn't affect the performance at all.

Scott Malone: just drop them in the main dir and boot the game. I think pressing F12 in-game toggles SFX on/off. :)

Btw, anyone knows why the flags movement is so "slow", is it the game engine not supporting a proper flag animation or.. ?

14. No it isn't. There's no place for proper animations, otherwise it'd be great to have arms and rain but sadly it isn't. I think Simbin made extra files just for their games to fit into gmotor engine. If you can atleast carry those over it'd be possible but that requires access to the straight files from within the engine itself. Reiza just licensed the "advanced" ISI gmotor engine that was rFactor + a few added possiblities. One can hope that the Senna Game can be licensed with Assetto Corsa or rF2 engine or if they can get their overhaul done the PCars engine with new physic moddelling(I doubt that to be a possibility.

15. Quite oversharpened otherwise it's looking good.

16. Thoose last SFX files looks a bit to sharp and a tad to dark for me in FTruck:thumbsdown: but awesome in GSC2012:thumbsup: . Thanks a bunch adi518:)

17. I actually did a dumb thing with the previous shots... I saved the shots, down-sized and re-sharpened.. turned out not as it looks in-game so please ignore those! :) I'm now working on FT specific SFX settings. Down-saturated the colors so it looks more realistic and reworking the sharpening:

Still wip ofc...

A link for you guys to try: http://www.mediafire.com/?y87bvdvu3ek6alc

Note: if you got a high end rig, then the fps stays intact.. I didn't notice it go one bit less.

** these are hosted on a private server of mine so the quality stays loyal to the source. Also make sure your browser is at 100% zoom so you really get the quality of this! :) **

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]