• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Sweet FX problems?

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Scott Malone, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Scott Malone

Scott Malone

Ratings:
    +7
    When i install the mod and overwrite the d3d9.dll the game will not start, If i restore the original d3d9.dll the game runs fine, Any ideas?

2. M1GHTY M4VS

M1GHTY M4VS

Ratings:
    +68
    what's your gfx card / driver version ? Make sure to be on the very last stable / verified driver version that is capable of doing advanced AA and Post-Processing.

3. Scott Malone

Scott Malone

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi, Its a 2GB MSI (Radeon) R7850 running the 13.1 drivers,
    Cheers.

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Do you have any programs running that maybe try to render extra things on the display? Like fraps maybe.

5. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +506
    Not that it's necessarily relevant for this case, but I have fraps always running at background and I use SweetFX with no problems. Tho unlike OP I have Nvidia card so maybe it's AMD related problem.

6. Scott Malone

Scott Malone

Ratings:
    +7
    No nothing, Cheers.

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +1,002
    I don't know sorry. I have a HD7770 and it works fine. Did you re-run the config?

8. Scott Malone

Scott Malone

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Alex, Thats interesting! If i overwrite the original d3d9.dll file with the new one i cannot open the config.exe or run the game, If i reinstall the original d3d9.dll the config.exe opens and the game runs!?

9. M1GHTY M4VS

M1GHTY M4VS

Ratings:
    +68
    I read somewhere that AMD cards tend to make problems for certain sweetfx/fxaainjector specifications so I'm not sure what those sweetfx is based on. Latest I could find was 1.3