1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sweet FX Graphics Enhancement Mod

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Matthias Zlusch, May 16, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

Hi guys, i just build a small graphics mod with the well know Sweet FX Enhancement.

All you need is to download the Zip in the link and extract the content into your .../Steamapps/raceroom racing experience/Game folder. Its the Folder with the RRRE.exe.

After extracting the game will automaticly start with the moded graphics. To enable/disable the effect and see the difference ingame, push the "scroll lock" key on your keyboard.

To de-install the mod, just delete the files from the Zip out of your Game directory. They don´t overwrite any files.

Here are some Screens to show what it will do. Hope you like it!

Screens:
    Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Great mod perfect for me thank you

3. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes
    Grandad Premium Member

i tried this and had to uninstall it will it not work with triple screens please

4. Looks great, always disliked the blueish screen in R3E. Contrast is a bit high though.

5. yep, tripescreen doesnt work right here. heard about that in other forums. Sorry about that :(

6. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes
    Grandad Premium Member

no problem and no need to be sorry,i did wonder if i had installed it wrong but thank you for confirming it doesnt work with triples

7. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium Member

Crashes R3E at startup. Quite odd since I've never known SweetFX to cause issues but oh well.

8. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

The old cinematic trick (i also apply that to most of my photographs): Increase the contrast for that extra 3-dimensional look, but at least to me it gets really tough on the eyes.
    Bringing up the green and red values a little bit would be all i'd change, but i of course know that many love that high contrast setting as it looks cool.

9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Prefer the standard R3E look myself.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

I tried this, made everything very white, nothing like the pictures above :(

11. I tried it out last night and the HDR, Bloom, and DPX settings are *way* blown out. I guess it depends on your screen panel, and maybe blowing out the contrast and bloom like that works nice on an uncalibrated 6-bit dithered 24" TN panel, but these settings are completely unusable on a 10-bit IPS panel. If you're hooking up to a TV, I'll bet that the TV is actually scaling back the effect as well.
    I notice that a lot of people with 1080p TN panels are running full brightness and almost 0 contrast, so you'll likely get better results just calibrating your actual monitor settings first.

Just FYI, I'm using a Pantone Huey and setting my white point at anywhere between 120-150 cd (usually 20-35% brightness on most screens).

12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

FYI if you check your rre main fold there's a folder within called RRE moods inside there's 3 different moods to pick from....personally I enjoy the look of the realistic mood.
    To select a different mood just rename the one you want to either default or standard I can't remember.....but it's one of the 3 available in the folder.
    Give me a bit and I'll find the link with full details :)

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  13. Here are the settings that I found to be more friendly on the eyes, using your SweetFX settings as the base. The effect is still there, but a little more subtle. You'll still get the highlighted bloom, darker shadows, and saturated colors, but you'll actually get some range in there now.
    Code:
       /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
      /                  Bloom settings                             /
      '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.146     //[0.000 to 8.000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom
    Code:
      /                  HDR settings                               /
    #define HDRPower 1.08  //[0.00 to 8.00] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.78  //[0.00 to 8.00] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter
    Code:
      /                  Cineon DPX settings                        /
    #define Red   15.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 15.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue  15.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    1.2  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 1.2  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.60 to 0.20]
    #define GreenC 0.36  //[0.60 to 0.20]
    #define BlueC  0.34  //[0.60 to 0.20]

#define Blend 0.07    //[0.00 to 1.00] How strong the effect should be.
    Code:
      /                  Curves settings                            /
    #define Curves_mode 2        //[0|1|2] Choose what to apply contrast to. 0 = Luma, 1 = Chroma, 2 = both Luma and Chroma. Default is 0 (Luma)
    #define Curves_contrast 0.15 //[-1.00 to 1.00] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 3     //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9] The contrast s-curve you want to use.
                                 //1 = Sine, 2 = Abs split, 3 = Smoothstep, 4 = Exp formula, 5 = Simplified Catmull-Rom (0,0,1,1), 6 = Perlins Smootherstep
                                 //7 = Abs add, 8 = Techicolor Cinestyle, 9 = Parabola.
                                 //Note that Technicolor Cinestyle is practically identical to Sine, but runs slower. In fact I think the difference might only be due to rounding errors.
                                 //I prefer 2 myself, but 3 is a nice alternative with a little more effect (but harsher on the highlight and shadows) and it's the fastest formula.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SweetFX really does add a lot to this game. The more I play R3E with it on, the more I like it! Here are some screenshots that I took yesterday, now serving as desktop wallpaper on my tablet and PC (both crop well to 16:10 and 16:9, just set it to center/fill):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. I always liked RR-graphics a lot, more than Project Cars for example. But this is great.

Thank you very much. I use it with the games default mood and it is a fantastic improvement. For me a must have. Sharper, deeper and more immersive. I have w10, a fx6300 and a Radeon R9280x and get 50 frames average with 17 opponents and full game settings. (60 fps average before.)

I know Spa at any day- and nighttime myself and your mod moves the picture to the real mood.

16. Hi Guys. It seems some people had problems with the mod lately. If you start the Game with it and get a crash pls try to disable things like MSI Afterburner, Steam Overlay or Nvidia Experience. They add a new layer on the game an it could be a problem. It worked for the most people with this problem.

So far i wish you all a wunderfull racetime with fancy graphics! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

So if I want to record with Shadowplay and this mod, it's a no go,no? I am not complaining, just asking.

18. Maybe it works with just disabling the overlays (FPS, Recording, Camera) in shadowplay?

19. no. It depends if you have problems with the mod. Not everybody does :) If you dont have problems just use shadowplay! :D

• Like Like x 1