Tracks Sveg, Sweden

Well, street cred and my respect ;-)

Very good lap. Next time I'm driving I'll have a go with your setup and I'll be trying to beat your time... I have to admit though, I didn't see much time left on the track from visual inspection.

I missed some apexes and messed up two left handers (see comment one :D ) near the end of the lap so I can gain at least half a second.

A couple of comments about the track:

1. You could temporarily name corners T1,T2,etc so people can more easily identify places on the track.

2. Don't you think that the wall on the right side of the exit of T1 (or T2, the left hander) is a little too close to the track. My virtual self already died many times hitting it at 200+kph :D

3. As some people already noticed judging the braking spots is currently extremely hard. The only thing I can reliably use to judge the braking is the darkened groove/tarmac in the braking zones.

Don't be a chicken, Macau is worse, no room for error. :p
I would put some wall tire if the game supported the real tires like in grid or any arcade game and you could hit them.

I'm looking at this purely from the fantasy/real world track design and "would this even be allowed in real life?" perspective. You have grass on the edge of the fast corner and then this edge of the wall. Maybe I used the wrong word in the previous post. The problem is not how close to the track is the wall, but that edge of the wall and its angle in relationship to the car trajectory.

BCq6Q5W.jpg

I had a few meetings with walls when trying this track, but right now I think it is part of the charm of this track, as is the high kerbs.
For online racing, "proper" racetrack kerbs will likely be more popular, and certainly some will complain about the walls when they crash.
I think this matter is purely up to the designer for a fantasy track.

Please don't go too far out of your way for online people. They're going to run this track on one or two servers for 3 nights if you're lucky, and then forget about it like they do with every other mod. It's largely a waste of time modding for online use. (I know they talk like theirs is the only experience that matters, but they are a small minority and it isn't true.)

Please don't go too far out of your way for online people. They're going to run this track on one or two servers for 3 nights if you're lucky, and then forget about it like they do with every other mod. It's largely a waste of time modding for online use. (I know they talk like theirs is the only experience that matters, but they are a small minority and it isn't true.)

Yeah, the mod tracks used online correspond to how popular the real track is. Fantasy tracks comes last here.
Tracks like Donnington, TransfaragararararahahaSAN, Bathurst etc, and people usually don't give much if it's a rip or not.

I'm looking at this purely from the fantasy/real world track design and "would this even be allowed in real life?" perspective. You have grass on the edge of the fast corner and then this edge of the wall. Maybe I used the wrong word in the previous post. The problem is not how close to the track is the wall, but that edge of the wall and its angle in relationship to the car trajectory.

BCq6Q5W.jpg
Yeah I see the point but Leon is not Tilke. Hehe.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%