Tracks Sveg, Sweden

What is that green thing behind the fence, but in front of the bleachers? Is that supposed to be another security wall to keep fans from getting closer to the fence & track wall?

What is that green thing behind the fence, but in front of the bleachers? Is that supposed to be another security wall to keep fans from getting closer to the fence & track wall?
Yea it's basically a cloth that is wrapped around the fence to make sure people use the grand stand.

improved grass, slightly improved track and curbs:

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_5-1-118-4-3-31.jpg
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_sveg_5-1-118-4-8-14.jpg

I finally had a chance to give this track a go the other day. Quite a nice layout! Only critique I have is that the curbs seemed to be very harsh with their rumble, compared to other circuits. Is the rumble the canned AC effect or does it come from the actual 3D mesh? Granted I haven't looked super closely, but I was expecting them to be fairly flat curbs that wouldn't produce much of an effect, so it caught me offguard the first time I passed over them.

If they're as designed then feel free to ignore; this comes down to personal preference for sure. :)

Great work!

You could turn the effect off in the surfaces.ini and see whats left. 1KERB and 1CPLATES i think are the materials. feel free to make a suggestion how it should be set up and ill see if i like it

Last edited:
I was trying the wo "layouts" the other day and noticed that in the online version you can't drive over the kerbs since the invalidate your laptime. Can you fix this? (Might be bad memory.)

I was trying the wo "layouts" the other day and noticed that in the online version you can't drive over the kerbs since the invalidate your laptime. Can you fix this? (Might be bad memory.)
you can only drive 2 wheels over the kerbs on the competition layout

quote from the first post:
layouts: standard and "competition" with different paint (white lines) and stricter track limits for online racing

Really awesome track, I'm loving the challenging layout, very well done. The idea of having real ads and then a dedicated website is fantastic, it really adds to the immersion.

I second the comment about the curbs harshness. On my CSWv2, it "bumps" quite hard when transitioning from tarmac to the curbs, as if the gap is too big. Its also visible, there seem to be a ~1 inch gap visually too. Maybe its by design though. Traditionally the gap is much smaller or non existant and I can't feel any bumps in the FFB when transitioning over curbs.

That is specifically one of the features of that version :)

Really awesome track, I'm loving the challenging layout, very well done. The idea of having real ads and then a dedicated website is fantastic, it really adds to the immersion.

I second the comment about the curbs harshness. On my CSWv2, it "bumps" quite hard when transitioning from tarmac to the curbs, as if the gap is too big. Its also visible, there seem to be a ~1 inch gap visually too. Maybe its by design though. Traditionally the gap is much smaller or non existant and I can't feel any bumps in the FFB when transitioning over curbs.

Maybe I can lower them a bit for the next version.

For me the kerbs feel exactly how they look like. A jolt when hitting them and then completely flat.
In my opinion they look very real and fitting. It's a more or less normal road so having race track kerbs would look a bit strange for me.
I did about 50 laps with the f2004 and the jolts were totally okay and how I would expect them.
But I'm on a g27 so maybe they rip your arms off with an osw :p
I like the fact that they set the car off though. Nice tactics that way if you really want to go over them and you need to get the car in the right position to be able to gain time from really going over them!

The competition layout idea was pushed by me btw. Here at RD we have to stick to "2 wheels inside the white lines all the time". It was and still is a long discussion but this rule stands to make it fair in our clubs without too many complaints after every race. Works well :)
So having a track that just restricts cutting in the first place is a lot easier to handle for the race hosts and the drivers don't need to care about whether they did cut or not. Lap still valid = keep the foot down! Lap invalid in a race = quickly lift/give back position.
Makes everything easier in the end. Thanks again Leon for implementing this. I'm sure other leagues/clubs will appreciate it too! :)

Kerbs feel totally fine to me (CSW v2.5), not using any canned effects though.

Only slight 'issue' (if you can call it that) is for some reason the brake markers seem to catch me out much more than other tracks. What I mean by that is 200m in Sveg feels like 100m in other tracks. Not sure if its measured from a different point, or just a figment of my imagination. Not a big deal, you soon learn, just seems different from other tracks.

Kerbs feel totally fine to me (CSW v2.5), not using any canned effects though.

Only slight 'issue' (if you can call it that) is for some reason the brake markers seem to catch me out much more than other tracks. What I mean by that is 200m in Sveg feels like 100m in other tracks. Not sure if its measured from a different point, or just a figment of my imagination. Not a big deal, you soon learn, just seems different from other tracks.
Interesting point. What is the "0 point" on other tracks? It wouldn't be a big deal shifting them around a bit, even if we have to relearn the brake points.

For me the kerbs feel exactly how they look like. A jolt when hitting them and then completely flat.
In my opinion they look very real and fitting. It's a more or less normal road so having race track kerbs would look a bit strange for me.
I did about 50 laps with the f2004 and the jolts were totally okay and how I would expect them.
But I'm on a g27 so maybe they rip your arms off with an osw :p
I like the fact that they set the car off though. Nice tactics that way if you really want to go over them and you need to get the car in the right position to be able to gain time from really going over them!

The competition layout idea was pushed by me btw. Here at RD we have to stick to "2 wheels inside the white lines all the time". It was and still is a long discussion but this rule stands to make it fair in our clubs without too many complaints after every race. Works well :)
So having a track that just restricts cutting in the first place is a lot easier to handle for the race hosts and the drivers don't need to care about whether they did cut or not. Lap still valid = keep the foot down! Lap invalid in a race = quickly lift/give back position.
Makes everything easier in the end. Thanks again Leon for implementing this. I'm sure other leagues/clubs will appreciate it too! :)
By the way, any plans on when you'll be organizing races on Sveg? ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back