Tracks Sveg, Sweden

Whoops :roflmao::p
tumblr_inline_nknwis9Euj1s77xmy.gif

Congratulations Leon! Sorry I couldn't make it with last changes on the new camera, yesterday y was testing beta4 and raced with the audi tt rs and is really fun, I'll be tweaking the TV 3 camera soon.
Didn't find any penalties on the "competition" layout, I don't quite understand the difference between both layout unless it's not yet there

Hi! First, thanks for releasing this. It's a quality track and I watched this thread with interest from the first post. Saw it available to try and I thought I'd give it a go.

Before release, I feared it was going to be biased toward the faster cars - all wide and fast and long straights. Please to say I was wrong about that: if anything, there are a lot more slow corners, and the track is a lot narrower, than I thought. Some of the bends are also seriously deceptive until you know the layout, which is great. Highlight of the layout for me though is the first few corners - I took my trusty Ferrari 312 out for a few laps and that sequence is heaps of fun. Kudos to you.

My only main criticism (which is meant as constructively as possible!) is two things, but it's really one thing. Mainly: the colours! Almost everything apart from the sky or the grass/trees is some shade of grey. Track (fair enough, but) walls, barriers, buildings, bridges, grandstands, grey grey grey. It feels very cold and utilitarian. The second thing is largely caused by the first: it's a long track and I found that I mixed up certain corners because they looked or felt very similar, even after several laps. This isn't a layout issue as much as an appearance one, for me - if more areas of the track were visually unique I don't think it'd be a problem. I feel that some of those oppressive concrete walls could surely be painted, at least.

Anyway overall it's a really solid track, fun to learn and drive and thanks a lot for putting the effort in to make it!

Hi! First, thanks for releasing this. It's a quality track and I watched this thread with interest from the first post. Saw it available to try and I thought I'd give it a go.

Before release, I feared it was going to be biased toward the faster cars - all wide and fast and long straights. Please to say I was wrong about that: if anything, there are a lot more slow corners, and the track is a lot narrower, than I thought. Some of the bends are also seriously deceptive until you know the layout, which is great. Highlight of the layout for me though is the first few corners - I took my trusty Ferrari 312 out for a few laps and that sequence is heaps of fun. Kudos to you.

My only main criticism (which is meant as constructively as possible!) is two things, but it's really one thing. Mainly: the colours! Almost everything apart from the sky or the grass/trees is some shade of grey. Track (fair enough, but) walls, barriers, buildings, bridges, grandstands, grey grey grey. It feels very cold and utilitarian. The second thing is largely caused by the first: it's a long track and I found that I mixed up certain corners because they looked or felt very similar, even after several laps. This isn't a layout issue as much as an appearance one, for me - if more areas of the track were visually unique I don't think it'd be a problem. I feel that some of those oppressive concrete walls could surely be painted, at least.

Anyway overall it's a really solid track, fun to learn and drive and thanks a lot for putting the effort in to make it!
Maybe you can put some blue/yellow colours in there, like the swedish flag. Curbs wouldn't probably fit, but some colour?

I like the track but one major issue for me is the color of the grass. Sveg is roughly at the same level as my hometown Lahti in Finland, so the climate and flora is pretty much the same. I noticed that all the birches have leafs, if that's so in real life the grass is also green everywhere. Grass doesn't get sun burned here. It's usually colored like that right after it has come out from under the snow.
Otherwise the nature looks very believable and feels like that track could be located in Finland too.

Thanks for the great work!

I like the track but one major issue for me is the color of the grass. Sveg is roughly at the same level as my hometown Lahti in Finland, so the climate and flora is pretty much the same. I noticed that all the birches have leafs, if that's so in real life the grass is also green everywhere. Grass doesn't get sun burned here. It's usually colored like that right after it has come out from under the snow.
Otherwise the nature looks very believable and feels like that track could be located in Finland too.

Thanks for the great work!

How bout this color for the grass?

JAN-01.jpg

Much better. Looks like a grass bed on meadows where there's more plants than just plain grass. Grass on the lawns, like in parks and football fields, is quite deep green all the time but that's probably because they are regularly taken care of and contains only plain grass (what ever that grass is called for real).
I like this more meadowy look and imo it makes more sense in a temporary track build around public roads.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back