F1 2012 Suzuka turn 1 AI flaw

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
And I just as I'm doing a quick race at Suzuka and set a fast lap I noticed 2 cars went off track and retired.
So I parked my car at turn 1 to check out and yes, almost every car misses the turn completely and ends in the wall, some crash, others can drive away again. Anyone else noticed that ?

Notice the count of cars that are still in the qualify !

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Well I have now successfully run 3 different races at Suzuka and no cars crashed or acted strangely at Turn 1.

Is there some other thing going on in common with all your PC setups ?

Perhaps you post your specs and try to figure out ? Just trying to help because this bug definately not affecting me and I have been on Patch#2 for 3 days now without issues.

I never saw any cars crash there, maybe because when I parked to watch it became yellow flags so they slowed down? However when I restarted the race and just drove around about 9 cars were listed as retired after about 7 laps.

Way before patch 1 some people found similar problems in Montreal http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...st-news-discussion.49425/page-11#post-1249949

5gdwm.jpg

If it doesn't happen for everybody, imagine it is some AI difficulty level in combination with a grip level and tire type that just takes the turn too fast.

This depending on the PC specs or overclocking would mean the program is not deterministic, I really doubt that is the case...

I was racing on professional with all aids off and I never saw any AI crash at Suzuka or Montreal.

My PC is slightly overclocked using built in settings from my Asus mobo with Intel 2600k cpu with 16gb Ram, 2 x Gigbyte Nvidia560oc SLI with latest nvidia drivers (not overclocked just factory settings). All other drivers are up to date. Win7 64bit Ultimate.

I run this game on Max settings 16xQCSAA Vsync On also using Nvidia Inspector I selected 4 x Supersampling and Gamma Off with High Quality graphics and I don't get the graphical glitches I saw some people report after patch#2.

So maybe it is my rig or I am just lucky but I had heard before that AI does crazy things when system is overclocked too much.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%