F1 2010 Suzuka - Japan (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
  • carmaster22

I could be wrong about this, but i have the sense that the settings values in this game are not absolute but rather they are relative. That is to say, you will note the camber or ride height settings are not listed in any kind of unit value (degrees or inches/cm). So that, say for the wings, a setting of 6-front and 6-rear at Monaco does not mean the same thing in absolute terms as the same setting of 6-front and 6-rear for Monza. Rather, you start with a car set up in a basic way for each track, and the changes you make are simply adjustments of 'higher' or 'lower' by degree to each part of the car. This would be why similar numbers seem to work well for many folks at very different types of tracks.

I noticed for example that I could achieve a certain top speed at Canada, but with the same settings values at Valencia I could only get several KPH slower at the end of the longest straight despite hitting the rev limiter in gear 7 at both circuits.

So I'm starting to be convinced that the standard, 'everything in the middle' setting of the middle quick setup is actually different from track to track in an absolute sense and we are not privy to the absolute values of any of the settings on the car. I could be wrong about this, but I am more and more thinking this is the case.

Zeppo, I believe you are absolutely correct with regards to how the setup changes are relative rather than absolute. When watching all of the preview videos leading up to the release of this game, Anthony Davidson explained how you'll be able to tweak the car to your style, but you won't have to make drastic changes. You won't be going to a circuit with the wrong gear ratios or aero setup, the settings are there to finely tune the setup.

I need help so much!
I am driving the lotus and can only get a time of 1.40!
I have all assist off and play on professionally difficulty, My past few races ive finished in the top 10 with my best qualifying in 5th and my best finish in 5th.

I just can't seem to set a good time for this track!!

Ps. Im using Brams set-up

Theres alot of oversteer. No question there. I slow down for the first corner & the car goes straight into the sandtrap. Im using Brams setups. On other corners, I slow down abit & the steering goes clear into the grass & the car spins.

Any help with this would be great. I just cant keep the car on the track at all.
Thank You

1:37:216 here with my Career Torro Rosso.. I'm doing a lot worse on this track compared to what I was doing in the previous tracks..
It seem like we're often forced to brake while turning, even when I press my brake with a very light touch (5-10% pushed) my wheels always lock up, it's annoying :(. I thought I could put the Brake pressure to Medium or Low but I don't think I'll have good bracking at the end of the long straights... :(. This track is hard.

edit: 1:29:502 in time trial

• vinny

guys here is the best setup
bram setup are usually pure crap
11-1
52-48,medium
50-50,5,9
142-347
fast,fuel
1:35.06 in red bull Expert mode X360 ( maximum difficulty )

I need help so much!
I am driving the lotus and can only get a time of 1.40!
I have all assist off and play on professionally difficulty, My past few races ive finished in the top 10 with my best qualifying in 5th and my best finish in 5th.

I just can't seem to set a good time for this track!!

Ps. Im using Brams set-up

I'm using the lotus too in career mode and found it has a lot of understeer in general (or maybe it's just my driving style!) the setups on here generally work well on the lotus if you add a bit more front end grip - try softening the front suspension a few notches and add a bit of front wing (or decrease the rear wing). It might also help if you lower the gear ratios slightly as the lotus seems a bit down on power.

I'm no expert but I hope that helps :)

Why is it that on a PS3 when qualifying for a Race in career I can only turn 138's but that still puts me on pole and you guys are running in the high 120's? What's up with that?

I could be wrong about this, but i have the sense that the settings values in this game are not absolute but rather they are relative. That is to say, you will note the camber or ride height settings are not listed in any kind of unit value (degrees or inches/cm). So that, say for the wings, a setting of 6-front and 6-rear at Monaco does not mean the same thing in absolute terms as the same setting of 6-front and 6-rear for Monza. Rather, you start with a car set up in a basic way for each track, and the changes you make are simply adjustments of 'higher' or 'lower' by degree to each part of the car. This would be why similar numbers seem to work well for many folks at very different types of tracks.

I noticed for example that I could achieve a certain top speed at Canada, but with the same settings values at Valencia I could only get several KPH slower at the end of the longest straight despite hitting the rev limiter in gear 7 at both circuits.

So I'm starting to be convinced that the standard, 'everything in the middle' setting of the middle quick setup is actually different from track to track in an absolute sense and we are not privy to the absolute values of any of the settings on the car. I could be wrong about this, but I am more and more thinking this is the case.

yes its diferent, and it was said on one of those interviews before the game was release, at each track the car comes with its own setings, so when u put fron wing to 1 means the lowest downforce possible for that track, and not the lowest downforce on the car...got it ;)

guys here is the best setup
bram setup are usually pure crap
11-1
52-48,medium
50-50,5,9
142-347
fast,fuel
1:35.06 in red bull Expert mode X360 ( maximum difficulty )

i actualy prefer this setup on carrear mode, using virgin, on TT i used bram wich was good, although i just did 4-6 laps and never test this on tt.

and btw the breaks i changed to 50-50 otherwise ur front wheals will just keep lockin

Hi everyone. Im new to this site and loving it so far.
Bram...thanks a million for your awesome setup for Suzuka. I love this track, and now im able to drive it the way i want to.
I did a 1:28.864 now. What is the current lap record on GFWL? I dont have a original game...its on the christmas list to buy myself!!!

I love how you posted a screen grad of the global top 8...could you do that for Catalunya and Marina Bay too?

With regards to guys that use cheats...i know the grip mod really upset me, now that the patch is out does it rectify this issue?

Thanks again Bram for the awesome setup.

Great setups posted here but I was having some understeer issues with the Force India, particularly turns 7, 13, 14 and 15. This setup is based off the one posted by santiv, with some slight modifications to give less understeer and better braking.

Oh some advice with the brakes, the rear bias does provide a smaller breaking distance but also causes oversteer when releasing the brakes in slow corners, in particular turns 11 and 16 (hairpin and chicane) so be gentle when releasing them in those corners to reap the rewards. You could also change the bias to 54/46 in favor of front bias if you prefer but this will increase understeer when braking.

Anyway, the setup;

Front Wing: 3
Rear Wing: 1

Braking Balance: 46/54
Pressure: High
Size: Standard

Ballast Dist.: 80/20
Front Anti-Roll: 11
Rear Anti-Roll: 11

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 7