Suspension reference material for upcoming physics mod update

I need help from you guys. In order to implement realistic suspensions for my GET REAL mod I require specific pictures for suspension geometry in order to build proper suspensions.

What I need: Pictures from front and rear projection and top down view in order to be able to accurately measure angles an distances of various parts. Exploded view pics or pictures that are not orientated properly are not good. I cannot find any reference material online maybe someone knows where to get it? They don't have to be from a racing car. They can be from a road version. Does any other game which has the same (road versions) cars as GTR2 have this properly modeled in 3D model itself?

Good examples for 996 GT3. Also GTR2 Lamborghini has actual 3D model for front, but not rear. If I had both I could make a new suspension since original SP file doesn't match it.

Attachments

• 996-front-front2.jpg
    996-front-front2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 996-rear.jpg
    996-rear.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Deleted member 13397

maybe not the answer you expect,
but did you take a look at ACC - rF2 - PC3 in game car models
they have pretty detailed suspension included

• Deleted member 13397

oh, yes, you are correct

Grid 1 / FM3

Last edited by a moderator:
If dealing with "street" cars you may get blueprints/drawings of components or entire suspension assemblies from the manufacturers. But once dealing with race cars there are three issues-
- teams do not want other teams to know what they are doing
-many components are fabricated by the teams, they have blueprints for the individual parts but rarely anything (beyond possibly a computer model) of the full suspension
-suspensions can change year by year, team by team

A quick perusal of performance parts suppliers online will show the vast assortment of parts, up to complete suspension setups ready to weld on to your frame ...but the final specs (angles, dimensions, etc.) could vary greatly even between two teams using the same parts on the same type cars.

You could try contacting teams running the cars in which you are interested, tell them exactly what data you need and why you need it, and hope to find a kindred spirit with the time and inclination to respond (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

Good luck.

If dealing with "street" cars you may get blueprints/drawings of components or entire suspension assemblies from the manufacturers. But once dealing with race cars there are three issues-
- teams do not want other teams to know what they are doing
-many components are fabricated by the teams, they have blueprints for the individual parts but rarely anything (beyond possibly a computer model) of the full suspension
-suspensions can change year by year, team by team

A quick perusal of performance parts suppliers online will show the vast assortment of parts, up to complete suspension setups ready to weld on to your frame ...but the final specs (angles, dimensions, etc.) could vary greatly even between two teams using the same parts on the same type cars.

You could try contacting teams running the cars in which you are interested, tell them exactly what data you need and why you need it, and hope to find a kindred spirit with the time and inclination to respond (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

Good luck.
I have already tried that to no avail. They refuse to provide any info for the racecars.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.4%