1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(suspension) Moving wishbones on model?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nothke, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I see that moving of wishbones on the actual 3d model (beside physical) is possible like in F1 mods, but I couldn't find it mentioned in any tutorials, and I can't even find any connection to the model in the pm, damage or hdv files.. (or am I just blind?) Very little reference of it is on the net as well..

Is this one of those need-to-know hardcoded things that are activated only by a special naming word?

(this is a copy of my message from F1 Classic Forum)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

The moving suspension is set up with a separate .gmt file of the complete suspension. Then the suspension is declared as INSTANCE=SUSPENSION in the .gen file:
    If you do this, the gmt file will deform according to the specified .pm file and the real time suspension position.

Alternatively you can have a separate .gmt file for each corner. In this case you can declare each corner suspension as Instance=DEBRISx
    Then link the DEBRIS5 to left front suspension in the damage file:

If you also want to display the wheels and suspension from cockpit view, then set FrontWheelsInCockpit=1 in the cockpitinfo.ini file.
  3. Oh thanks a lot for the quick response!! I was waiting for days someone to answer on f1 classic and nogrip forums, but Race Department rocks!!! xD

I got it how it functions with the whole suspension model just deforming to "simulate" the real movement, but I had no idea how its connected in what codes.. This settles every thing up now!

Will try it, thanks again!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

No problem. I have been there before, and I know it can be quite hard to find the answers for these things!

Good luck with your project and let me know if there is anything else I can help with.