(suspension) Moving wishbones on model?

I see that moving of wishbones on the actual 3d model (beside physical) is possible like in F1 mods, but I couldn't find it mentioned in any tutorials, and I can't even find any connection to the model in the pm, damage or hdv files.. (or am I just blind?) Very little reference of it is on the net as well..

Is this one of those need-to-know hardcoded things that are activated only by a special naming word?

(this is a copy of my message from F1 Classic Forum)

The moving suspension is set up with a separate .gmt file of the complete suspension. Then the suspension is declared as INSTANCE=SUSPENSION in the .gen file:
INSTANCE=SUSPENSION
{
MOVEABLE=TRUE
MESHFILE=suspension.gmt COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(900.00)
}

If you do this, the gmt file will deform according to the specified .pm file and the real time suspension position.

Alternatively you can have a separate .gmt file for each corner. In this case you can declare each corner suspension as Instance=DEBRISx
Instance=DEBRIS5
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=<123>_SUSP_LF.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(750.0) ShadowReceiver=True
}

Then link the DEBRIS5 to left front suspension in the damage file:
FLSuspIns=Debris5
FLSuspConn=(0.0,1.0)

If you also want to display the wheels and suspension from cockpit view, then set FrontWheelsInCockpit=1 in the cockpitinfo.ini file.

Oh thanks a lot for the quick response!! I was waiting for days someone to answer on f1 classic and nogrip forums, but Race Department rocks!!! xD

I got it how it functions with the whole suspension model just deforming to "simulate" the real movement, but I had no idea how its connected in what codes.. This settles every thing up now!

Will try it, thanks again!

Oh thanks a lot for the quick response!! I was waiting for days someone to answer on f1 classic and nogrip forums, but Race Department rocks!!! xD

I got it how it functions with the whole suspension model just deforming to "simulate" the real movement, but I had no idea how its connected in what codes.. This settles every thing up now!

Will try it, thanks again!

No problem. I have been there before, and I know it can be quite hard to find the answers for these things!

Good luck with your project and let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%