1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

(suspension) Moving wishbones on model?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nothke, Feb 25, 2012.

1. nothke

nothke

Ratings:
    +145
    I see that moving of wishbones on the actual 3d model (beside physical) is possible like in F1 mods, but I couldn't find it mentioned in any tutorials, and I can't even find any connection to the model in the pm, damage or hdv files.. (or am I just blind?) Very little reference of it is on the net as well..

Is this one of those need-to-know hardcoded things that are activated only by a special naming word?

(this is a copy of my message from F1 Classic Forum)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,731
    The moving suspension is set up with a separate .gmt file of the complete suspension. Then the suspension is declared as INSTANCE=SUSPENSION in the .gen file:
    If you do this, the gmt file will deform according to the specified .pm file and the real time suspension position.

Alternatively you can have a separate .gmt file for each corner. In this case you can declare each corner suspension as Instance=DEBRISx
    Then link the DEBRIS5 to left front suspension in the damage file:

If you also want to display the wheels and suspension from cockpit view, then set FrontWheelsInCockpit=1 in the cockpitinfo.ini file.

3. nothke

nothke

Ratings:
    +145
    Oh thanks a lot for the quick response!! I was waiting for days someone to answer on f1 classic and nogrip forums, but Race Department rocks!!! xD

I got it how it functions with the whole suspension model just deforming to "simulate" the real movement, but I had no idea how its connected in what codes.. This settles every thing up now!

Will try it, thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,731
    No problem. I have been there before, and I know it can be quite hard to find the answers for these things!

Good luck with your project and let me know if there is anything else I can help with.